16 of the Happy Books on My Shelf That Have Summer Vibes

June 1, 2020 34 Comments

When it comes to a cheerful cover art, I’m all about good vibes. How about you? Any day there’s a chance to write about some good cover art, I’m 100% all in. This is why, as we approach the official start of summer, it’s time to look at some happy books that have all the summer vibes, or rather the book covers with summer vibes.

DISCUSSION | Faces of a Romance Adaptation: The One All About Emma.

As I think about my bookshelf, I feel like this is going to be relatively easy. *hopes I don’t jinx myself*

Some of the books we’ll feature even have ‘summer’ in the title, so that’s an added bonus! Let’s get this summer-y novel party started, shall we?

16 of the Happy Books on My Shelf

That Have Summer Vibes

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: Fireworks by Katie Cotugno

With its title and the cute “square” design effect, this one looks perfect summer. Amazon | Goodreads

2: A New Shade of Summer by Nicole Deese

With the use of summer in its title, and the fact that this is a wonderful romance, I had to include this one. Amazon | Goodreads

3: Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

I mean, this feels as though it’s “needed” as an add-on to this list. Also, reminds me I need to read the rest of Belly and Co.’s story. Amazon | Goodreads

4: Beach Read by Emily Henry

I mean, is there a more perfect summer-y cover art out there? I think not. Also, this books sounds SUPER cute (despite some buzzy controversy), which follows two authors who, while summering as neighbors decide to swap genres. Amazon | Goodreads

5: The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord

The new old paperback (yes, I know, this makes little sense) is rocking all kinds of summer-y vibes, and also, I feel the need to point out, this is one (of very few) on this list I actually have read. Amazon | Goodreads

6: Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson

This friendship heavy novel by Matson is 100 different kinds of quintessential summer, especially with that ice cream! Speaking of which, who else is suddenly craving ice cream? Amazon | Goodreads

16 of the Happy Books on My Shelf That Have Summer Vibes. Sharing some 10+ (!!) happy books that put on all the summer vibes! Text © Rissi JC

7: Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

The cover I own isn’t full-on “summer,” but its title boast the word, so I kind of had to. Plus, there is a non-US cover that definitely vibes more as “summer.” Amazon | Goodreads

8: Don’t Date Rosa Santos by Nina Moreno

This one not only sounds cute, it looks it too. Even though I haven’t read this one, I feel as though it’d be the perfect Netflix original. Amazon | Goodreads

9: The Perfect Escape by Suzanne Parks

Recently got this one and while I don’t know what it’s all about (because in the time between preorder and release, I forget what a book is about), it still looks fun. Amazon | Goodreads

10: The Austen Escape by Katherine Reay

Is there anything more summer-y than a picnic scene? Amazon | Goodreads

11: Stay Sweet by Siohbhan Vivian

More ice cream? Yes, please! Also, this one sounds super fun. Amazon | Goodreads

12: A Crazy Thing Called Love by Beth Vogt

Pretty sure I’ve featured this one on a list like this before, but I mean, it is a pretty wedding scene on a beach, so… it feels right. Amazon | Goodreads

13: If For Any Reason by Courtney Walsh

I mean, does it get more summer-y than this pretty? The colors, the scene, the beach, it’s all ideally perfect for this upcoming season. Amazon | Goodreads

14: Not with the Band by Kelli Warner

Haven’t read this one, but it sounds fun, and the cover art screams summer with its picture of a girl lying in a carpet of freshly cut grass. Amazon | Goodreads

15: Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West

Oh, look. I slipped in another novel by this author. But to be fair, pretty sure this cover art speaks for itself in terms of this topic. Amazon | Goodreads

16: If I’m Being Honest by Emily Wibberley

Didn’t love the first book by this author duo, but I hear good things about this one, so I’m curious! Amazon | Goodreads

Have you read any of these? Do you have any book covers with summer vibes? Which ones do you like best? Which do you recommend? Comment all of your thoughts in the comments; I look forward to chatting.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

16 of the Happy Books on My Shelf That Have Summer Vibes. Sharing some 10+ (!!) happy books that put on all the summer vibes! #BookNerd #BookLove #TopTenTuesday Click To Tweet
PINTEREST PIN

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl and Top Ten Tuesday June 2: Books that Give off Summer Vibes

• Greg June 1, 2020 at 11:37 pm

I love books with bright summery covers. Even if it’s a genre I don’t read, I still love the cover vibe. Fireworks is a great one! I almost used Top Ten by Katie Cotugno on my list, because I thought it was quite good, but her covers are summery also. :)

Kasie west and Morgan Matson always seem to have those kinds of covers too!

• Rissi JC June 2, 2020 at 11:23 am

I agree re: “Top Ten.” I think most all of Katie’s covers are quite appropriate for this sort of prompt. :) YES! Kasie’s and Morgan’s books scream “summer”! Thanks for the visit, Greg.

• Michael June 2, 2020 at 12:12 am

Just those covers create such a summery vibe! Thanks for sharing!

My TTT is here https://bookloverssanctuary.com/2020/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-have-a-summer-vibe/

• Rissi JC June 2, 2020 at 11:23 am

For sure! Appreciate your visit, Michael – thanks.

• Nushu @ Not A Prima Donna Girl June 2, 2020 at 1:27 am

Definitely agree with Since You’ve Been Gone :)

• Rissi JC June 2, 2020 at 11:23 am

It has all those summer-y feels. :) Thanks for the visit, Nushu.

• Lydia June 2, 2020 at 5:28 am

The Austen Escape sounds interesting. And, yes, picnics are a super summer-y thing.

My TTT .

• Rissi JC June 2, 2020 at 11:24 am

“The Austen Escape” is a lovely read, Lydia. All of Katherine’s books are. :) Thanks for the visit.

• Jo June 2, 2020 at 5:53 am

I’ve not read any of these! Most of my book covers tend towards the darker end of the spectrum, lots of blacks and reds and greys.

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #266
    • Rissi JC June 2, 2020 at 11:25 am

That’s okay; whatever book covers you like best are what the blogger should feature, right? :) Thanks for the visit, Jo.

• Angela June 2, 2020 at 6:38 am

You picked so many great ones! I’ve always loved the cover of Stay Sweet!

• Rissi JC June 2, 2020 at 11:39 am

Isn’t it sweet? I too love this cover. :) Thanks for the visit, Angela.

• Jess @ Jessticulates June 2, 2020 at 7:20 am

Great list! I’m really looking forward to giving Beach Read a try, and I’ve heard so many good things about Don’t Date Rose Santos.

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday | YA books by black authors on my TBR
    • Rissi JC June 2, 2020 at 11:41 am

I think “Beach Read” sounds (and looks!) like such fun. I’ve heard that it’s not quite as “light” as it appears though. YAY for ‘Rosa.’ It too looks darling and hopefully I’ll make time to enjoy it this summer. :)

• Danyelle June 2, 2020 at 7:52 am

Those books scream summer. Love it. I like the cover of Listen to your heart.
    Here is my TTT.

• Rissi JC June 2, 2020 at 11:41 am

I thought so too, Danyelle! :)

• Dini @ dinipandareads June 2, 2020 at 9:00 am

Omg yes, fab list! All of these are so super summery 😍 I love the bright covers with cute pastel colours. That’s what always catches my eye with these YA contemporaries lol

• Rissi JC June 2, 2020 at 11:42 am

When creating a list of summer-y book covers, I felt this was the only way to go. ;)

• Grace June 2, 2020 at 9:14 am

I loved Listen to Your Heart. Hoping to read more of Kasie West’s books because they have been great happy reads. Been curious about Since You’ve Been Gone, too. And yes, I’m now craving icecream. 💜

• Rissi JC June 2, 2020 at 11:46 am

I love all of the books I’ve read by Kasie (they’re like sunshine!) so far (of course, I have ones I like a bit better than others). “Listen to Your Heart” is not one I’ve read just yet but hope to remedy this soon.

RIGHT!? Let’s all have a bowl of ice cream now. ;)

• Kait Plus Books June 2, 2020 at 12:41 pm

You have a great list! Don’t Date Rosa Santos has a perfectly summery vibe! Happy reading! :)

My Top Ten Tuesday!

• Rissi JC June 2, 2020 at 1:33 pm

It sure looks to have that perfect summer-y “look,” so I hope the inside (story) will too. :) Thanks for the visit, Kait.

• Brooke Lorren June 2, 2020 at 1:38 pm

These books make me want to go outside and read. Listen to Your Heart was on my list too.

• Rissi JC June 2, 2020 at 8:10 pm

YAY! Hoping to read Kasie’s book soon. It sounds and looks darling. :)

• Astilbe June 2, 2020 at 2:13 pm

Honestly, can you ever have too much ice cream on a hot summer day? I’d say not. :)

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

Astilbe recently posted: Benjamin 2073 by Rjurik Davidson
    • Rissi JC June 2, 2020 at 8:11 pm

Right? I would 100% agree. No ice cream is “too much.” ;)

• Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse June 2, 2020 at 8:47 pm

That Beach Read cover DOES give off a great summer vibe. And it’s set in the summer. I just wish the book was happier. Not that it wasn’t good. It was. I also love so many of the YA summer reads you have on here.

• Rissi JC June 3, 2020 at 12:12 pm

I’ve heard the same thing, Deanna. It’s less “fluffy” than the cover suggests. Good to know, so that I’m better prepared! :)

Rissi JC recently posted: NEW BOOK JUNE 2020 GIVEAWAY
  • Dedra @ A Book Wanderer June 3, 2020 at 8:52 pm

I LOVED Beach Read! And The Summer I Turned Pretty made my list, as well. I still need to read the whole series. :)

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Give Off Summer Vibes
    • Rissi JC June 8, 2020 at 11:42 am

I’m SO glad to know this, Dedra. I hear mixed things, so while I’m curious, I’m also going to try not to be TOO optimistic going in. ;) Same. I still need to read Jenny’s books in her Summer series (minus book one) as well. Hope we both remedy this soon.

Rissi JC recently posted: Some of the Best On-Screen Friendships
  • Caryl Kane June 3, 2020 at 10:30 pm

Just A Kiss by Denise Hunter is on my TBR! Many of these authors are my favs. Thank you for the fun post!

• Chanel M. June 8, 2020 at 11:33 am

Great Summer Vibes book list! I want to read The Start of Me and You, A New Shade of Summer and If for Any Reason! I think I’ll check out some of the others too.

• Rissi JC June 8, 2020 at 11:49 am

Thanks, Chanel! It was fun to create. Hope you enjoy all you plan to read. Those you mention are all good in their respective genres/stories. Happy reading – and thanks for the visit! :)

Rissi JC recently posted: Some of the Best On-Screen Friendships