To Celebrate 10 Years of Book Magic: Top Ten Tuesday!

June 22, 2020 Rissi JC 32 Comments

Today is one of those fun little bookworm days that many of us who blog celebrate. Why you wonder? Well, it’s the popular meme, Top Ten Tuesday’s tenth birthday. Imagine this, the founders have stuck with this little list-making bookish bit of fun for 10 years (!!). That is something to applaud. Run now, solely, by one of its hosts, Jana (of That Artsy Reader Girl) as we join in the celebration, she asked that we look back at those ten years with a kind of random choice option. With this in mind, we’ll opt for spotlighting the hostess with the mostess and the reasons why we love these ten years of Top Ten Tuesday.

LIST | The Summer 2020 To-Be-Read Books I Hope to Enjoy

I’ll admit I’ve not been in on the fun for ten years because I haven’t had interweb space for that long, but I’ve been in on this craze for a while now and it’s always been a fun, though always last-minute dash (to complete!), feature to be a part of. Here are a few of my observations or reasons for enjoying Top Ten Tuesday.

TEN YEARS OF TOP TEN TUESDAY

1: Community

It’s always so fun to chat with all of the fellow book enthusiasts and bloggers each week, something that this feature has made possible – and I like that for some, this may be a place where you “meet” a new friend. Plus, if you’re new to blogging, it’s also a fun way to meet fellow bloggers.

2: Good Tips

Sometimes, depending on the weekly topic, we can pick up some good tips on reading, blogging or organizing our TBRs. If the topic is more about favorite things adjacent to books, we might find a favorite new shop to support. Because much as we love the reading, sometimes we need to learn about new ways to keep us better organized in this blogger reading life.

3: New Books (to Add to our Bookshelf)

Hopping around to everyone’s blogs either introduces me to new books, or reminds me how much I want to read a book I haven’t yet made time to read. One that I see on many lists (yet still haven’t read) including Jana’s, is Well Met.

4: Reading Lists

This goes with “new books” really, but can be a pro or con. While we always love to discover new books, visiting fellow participants list can help us find inspiration for our seasonal TBRs – you know, in case we may need help finding new books.

5: The Hostess

Last, but certainly not least, here’s a shout-out to Jana for hosting this. Thank you for all of the work you put into this weekly feature and for keeping it going for those of us who love a good bookish meme.

Thanks to all of the Top Ten Tuesday creators for getting this feature started, and to Jana for continuing to keep the fun going. Let’s go have a piece of cake now.

How did you spin this birthday celebration topic? Did you opt to re-do a past topic or go an entirely different way? What are some of the reasons you like or join in with this feature?

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

SHARABLE

To Celebrate 10 Years of Book Magic: Top Ten Tuesday! Taking part in ten years of Top Ten Tuesday. What's your favorite thing about the feature? #TopTenTuesday #AMReading #Bookworm #Reader @ArtsyReaderGirl Click To Tweet

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl and Top Ten Tuesday June 23: Celebrating TTT’s 10th birthday (yesterday) and 500th topic!

• Kirsty June 22, 2020 at 11:10 pm

I LOVE this list, and agree with all your points (particularly the community and new book ones)! As someone who came into this tag feature a little late in the game as well, there are a TON of past topics I regret never getting the chance to do, so for my list this week, I finally went with 12 of my favourite book couples, plus plenty of honourable mentions!

Kirsty recently posted: Top 10 Tuesday – Literary OTPs
    • Rissi JC June 29, 2020 at 8:07 pm

OHMYGOSH! I LOVE making lists like this (favorite OTPs) and in fact realize, my old OTP (book) list is in DESPERATE need of an update. You’ve inspired me, Kirsty. :) Thanks so much for visiting (and I look forward to seeing your post – hopefully I’ll be over this week). :)

• Kirsty June 29, 2020 at 9:46 pm

Glad I could help, and I’M looking forward to seeing who your updated list will contain 😄 Hope you enjoy my list whenever you get the chance to read it!

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer June 23, 2020 at 12:17 am

Such a sweet post! I’m new to blogging, so I’m excited to see what everyone does with this week’s special prompt. I chose to share the best fictional celebrations. :)

• Rissi JC June 29, 2020 at 8:09 pm

Thanks, Dedra. It was a last-minute post to put together so I should have taken more time with it, but I didn’t allow myself the time, so…! :) Appreciate your visit.

• Greg June 23, 2020 at 1:14 am

I feel like I’m always doing my TTT posts at the last minute too- ha! I have discovered so many good books through this though, and a lot of new blogs too, so it’s pretty awesome. :)

• Rissi JC June 29, 2020 at 8:08 pm

OHMYGOSH, yes! I always have THE best of intentions and on about Friday I think, “I’m going to draft my Top Ten Tuesday post.” Yeah, then Monday comes and I have to put it together. *sigh* Guess it’s part of the process, right? :D Thanks for the visit, Greg.

• Brooke Lorren June 23, 2020 at 1:24 am

These are so many good reasons! I love Top Ten Tuesday.

• Rissi JC June 29, 2020 at 8:09 pm

There are too many to properly share, right? :) Thanks for the visit, Brooke.

• Jo June 23, 2020 at 6:19 am

I’ve loved getting to interact with so many bloggers every week through this, it really helped me when I was first starting out with my blog!

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #269
    • Rissi JC June 29, 2020 at 8:11 pm

I would agree! It’s a great way to meet bloggers, especially if you’re new or just wanting to meet with some fellow readers. :) Thanks for the visit, Jo.

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads June 23, 2020 at 6:39 am

Great post Rissi, and I can only agree wholeheartedly with everything! I’ve been loving Top Ten Tuesday since I started blogging a few years back and it has helped me get to know so many great bloggers and books alike!

• Rissi JC June 29, 2020 at 8:11 pm

Well said, Lindsey; way more concise than my rambles. :) Appreciate your visit.

• Lydia June 23, 2020 at 7:07 am

Yes, the community is marvellous. :)

My TTT .

• Rissi JC June 29, 2020 at 8:11 pm

It most certainly is, Lydia! :)

• Jess @ Jessticulates June 23, 2020 at 11:57 am

Lovely list! Yes, TTT is such a brilliant meme for new bloggers – it really is a wonderful way to get to know more people in the book blog community, and everyone who takes part is so friendly.

• Rissi JC June 29, 2020 at 8:12 pm

For sure. I love this about the feature; it helps new bloggers (or even those of us just wanting to “meet” some like-minded readers) to join something like this, plus it’s fun – and yes, everyone is so nice. :) Thanks for the visit, Jess.

• Astilbe June 23, 2020 at 12:21 pm

Yes, Jana is awesome!

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

Astilbe recently posted: Scarlet Odyssey by C T Rwizi
    • Rissi JC June 29, 2020 at 8:13 pm

She is. Appreciate all of the hard work she puts into these. :)

• Alycia June 23, 2020 at 1:42 pm

Aww I love this post, and love seeing what other bloggers come up with each week :)

For my TTT I re-did a past topic: https://memorymeetsimagination.wordpress.com/2020/06/23/books-set-around-the-world-ii/

• Rissi JC June 29, 2020 at 8:13 pm

Gotta’ love re-working an old Top Ten Tuesday post. It’s fun to look back and see if our reading habits have changed. :) Thanks for the visit, Alycia.

• Lauren @ Always Me June 23, 2020 at 1:51 pm

It’s always fun to talk to everybody and add more books to the tbr. :)

• Rissi JC June 29, 2020 at 8:16 pm

YES! Always love the conversation part of this feature. :)

• Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse June 23, 2020 at 1:54 pm

This is a great list! These are so true!

Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday Turns 10!
    • Rissi JC June 29, 2020 at 8:16 pm

Thanks so much, Deanna. :)

• Angela June 23, 2020 at 3:34 pm

Aww, what a lovely list! I agree with all of these things – some weeks are just brutal for my TBR!

• Rissi JC June 29, 2020 at 8:16 pm

Right? That poor TBR never stops growing. :) Thanks for the visit, Angela.

• Lauren @ Lala's Book Reviews June 24, 2020 at 8:46 am

I think you did a wonderful job of describing TTT and the people who participate!

Here’s mine: https://laurenbodiford123.wordpress.com/2020/06/22/books-most-everyone-has-read-but-me-ttt/

• Rissi JC June 29, 2020 at 9:22 pm

Thanks! Appreciate that, Lauren. :)

• Lisa Mandina (Lisa Loves Literature) June 27, 2020 at 1:19 pm

I love the shout out to the host! It’s so awesome that she continues to keep this going. Fun list!
    Lisa Loves Literature’s TTT

• Rissi JC June 29, 2020 at 9:27 pm

Jana does a great job with this feature, and like you, Lisa, I hope she continues. :)