Ten Armchair Adventures I want in My Life | Top Ten Tuesday

February 25, 2019 Rissi JC 32 Comments

Hey, readers and friends! Today’s Top Ten Tuesday February 26 2019 edition lets us go on a bit of an armchair adventure.

That Artsy Reader Girl | February 26: Places Mentioned In Books That I’d Like to Visit (submitted by Georgia)

Ten Armchair Adventures I want in My Life | Top Ten Tuesday February 26. Talking all the armchair adventures & places I'd like to *someday* (aka wish list) visit.

My list today isn’t unique in that I feature fantasy worlds that aren’t a reality, which I kind of feel like that’s more along the lines of what this prompt is calling for. I’m just not that imaginative, I guess. Especially when it comes to fantasy worlds; they’re not really my cup of tea nor is the genre in general. So, because of this, my list is realistic in that I could visit these places. But in all likelihood? Most I’ll never see. Because that’s just the reality of it. (Still, let’s never say never. *smile*)

Nonetheless, I can visit them through these worlds, and oh my! What a world they paint.

Here’s we go! Let’s go on an armchair adventure (or two). Forgive the graphics/white balance/grainy photos today. I’ll again blame the procrastinator in me.

Top Ten Tuesday February 26

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: 221 B Baker Street from Sherlock Holmes | I’ve never read a single Sherlock Holmes book, but given the films or TV series I have seen in this setting, it’s safe to say that visiting this place would be cool. Amazon | Goodreads

2 & 3: Beast’s Castle and Belle’s Library from Beauty and the Beast | This one is obvious! Also, maybe I do have more “fantasy” places on my list that I realized…! Rent or Buy on Amazon Video (2017) | Buy on Amazon Video (1991) | Amazon (Illustrated Edition) | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday February 26

4: England a la My Lady Jane | Visiting England is a wish list dream of mine, but if I were to visit England in a time period during which beheadings were considered entertainment (why!?), I feel like the My Lady Jane world would be the way to go. Amazon | Goodreads

5: The Galaxy from Guardians of the Galaxy | Technically this one isn’t a bookish place, but we’re going with it. Rent or Buy on Amazon Video (movie one) | Rent or Buy on Amazon (sequel, ‘Vol. 2’)

6: Guernsey Island from The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society | Who wouldn’t want to visit this island and meet all of these lovely people? They’re like the best friends we never knew we needed. Amazon | Goodreads

NETFLIX REVIEW | The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society – Hope and Heart

7: Madam Geraldine’s Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality from Etiquette and Espionage | This series has been on my shelf for quite some time, and still I haven’t read it. But it sounds fun! Amazon | Goodreads

8: Mary Poppins London from Mary Poppins | *happy sigh* Because who wouldn’t want to visit one of Mary Poppins’ magical adventures!? Amazon | Goodreads | Own Mary Poppins Returns on Amazon Video

9: Narnia from The Chronicles of Narnia | Pretty sure this is on every bookworm’s wish list. Amazon | Goodreads | Rent or Buy ‘Narnia’ on Amazon Video

10: Pemberley from Pride and Prejudice | Another one that needs no explanation. Amazon | Goodreads | Own on Amazon Video (2005)

Top Ten Tuesday February 26

11: Prince Edward Island from (Anne of Green Gables) Red Door Inn | Sadly, I don’t think I’ve ever read the ‘Anne’ books. (I know.) But I do love this place thanks to the Sullivan adaptations of the books, and Liz Johnson’s lovely ‘Red Door’ series! Amazon | Goodreads

12: Sherwood Forest from (Sherwood*) Robin Hood | This one is an odd addition considering a. I haven’t read Meghan’s Sherwood novel, but given that I love the Sherwood Forest world in BBC’s Robin Hood, I’m hopeful I’d enjoy this one! Amazon | Goodreads | Own on DVD (BBC series)

(*Yes, the book in the photo is Hunted. It’s all I currently own of Meagan’s fairy tale re-tellings!)

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE

*video publishes Tuesday afternoon; channel linked above

Talking #travel and all the bookish things in a new edition of #TopTen Tuesday February 26 edition. Ten Armchair Adventures I want in My Life | Top Ten Tuesday Click To Tweet

What places from books make you want to book a ticket or find your passport? Are they attainable places or wish list destinations? Have you read any of these? Share all the thoughts below! I’d love to chat with you.

If you joined Top Ten Tuesday – or have a blog, please introduce yourself below. I’d be glad to visit your bookish spaces, too.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Rel Mollet February 25, 2019 at 11:11 pm

Nice list, Rissi! I was a little more pragmatic with mine…I think I need to learn from you :)

• Rissi JC February 25, 2019 at 11:16 pm

I should have kept mine more attainable, Rel. ;) There are SO many places I’d love to visit, but at least in my near future none are possible. Still, never say never, right!?

So glad you visited, friend (and that the spam filter didn’t eat your comment!).

• Melanie Parker February 25, 2019 at 11:18 pm

Great list! I’ve been to PEI several times because I don’t live too too far from it. It’s beautiful and lots of Anne tourist stuff there, of course! I would love to visit Belle’s Library too! That’s a great one!

• Chrissi Reads February 25, 2019 at 11:42 pm

Love your post, Rissi! I would also love to visit Narnia. I think it would be an amazing experience.

• Rissi February 25, 2019 at 11:52 pm

Hi, Chrissi. Thanks – and thanks for the visit too. As for Narnia, would that we could, like Lucy and her siblings, simply “fall” into Narnia for a day. Or two. :D

• Greg February 26, 2019 at 1:30 am

Ooh Sherwood Forest! Fun. And Narnia. and Pemberley too because I love huge country estates like that. :)

Belle’s library is pretty awesome too.

• Astilbe February 26, 2019 at 5:45 am

Yes, Mary Poppins London would be an amazing place to visit.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Lydia February 26, 2019 at 6:21 am

Yes, I’ve seen various places in Narnia popping up on lots of lists this week (including mine!). Honestly, it would be the experience of a lifetime to go there.

My Top Ten Tuesday post.

• Kathy February 26, 2019 at 6:24 am

Great list! ALL of them!!! :)

• Rachel February 26, 2019 at 8:42 am

Oooh Pemberly and the library from Beauty and the Beast! Yes! Great choices, and thanks for visiting my TTT! :)

• Tracy @ Cornerfolds February 26, 2019 at 8:48 am

I would LOVE to visit Beast’s/Belle’s library! It’s so beautiful! And definitely yes to Narnia! Who wouldn’t want to go there??

• Jo February 26, 2019 at 9:06 am

You can visit 221B Baker Street in London-they have a Sherlock Holmes museum there, in the real spot (it’s technically like 237 Baker Street but they paid for the address).
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/02/26/top-ten-tuesday-200/

• Sarah @ Hamlets & Hyperspace February 26, 2019 at 9:10 am

Great list! I know it’s been said a few times but Belle’s library is an amazing pick.

Sarah @ Hamlets & Hyperspace recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Book Locations I’d Like to Visit
  • Brittaney B February 26, 2019 at 9:16 am

I can’t believe I forgot to add Guernsey to my list this week! Isn’t it interesting how our relationships with people can affect how we feel about a place? PEI made my list this week too. Pemberley would be absolutely lovely to visit. And I’m pretty sure if I visited the Beast’s castle I would never leave the library.

• Rissi JC March 3, 2019 at 10:47 pm

I forget to add titles/characters/places every week, Brittaney. It’s interesting how books can affect us, no matter the season in our lives. I’ve recently found I don’t do well with sad books, which is a reflection of things in my family’s life these past couple of years.

PEI looks stunning, and of course, who doesn’t want to see Pemberley!? Same. I have a feeling we’d get the good kind of “lost” in the castle that Beast owns. :)

Thanks for the visit!

• Brooke Lorren February 26, 2019 at 12:29 pm

I’m a never say never kind of person. Although fictional places… we’re not likely to visit. Belle’s library would be awesome. I probably should read Sherwood… the book I’m writing is set in a forest in a similar part of the world (although mine is a fantasy world).

Brooke Lorren recently posted: Book Places I Don’t Want to Visit
  • Kelly @ Wandering Through Books February 26, 2019 at 7:42 pm

I only vaguely remember the particulars of 221B Baker Street from audiobooking Sherlock Holmes as a young kid. I do remember really enjoying the mysteries themselves, though! I feel like it would be really messy… I just sort of picture piles of paper everywhere.

• Beckie B. February 27, 2019 at 6:56 am

Yes to Guernsey and Pemberley!