12 BOOK TITLES THAT FORM AN ALMOST COMPLETE SENTENCE

May 17, 2021 14 Comments

Every week (or nearly) we engage in some sort of bookish conversation. The topic varies week to week, which is part of what makes things fun. On this day (the start of yet another new week), we talk about book titles that are a sentence. So, nothing short and sweet about these!

LIST | SOME GOOD PERIOD DRAMAS ON AMAZON PRIME, PART 2

Sometimes it’s the shorter titles that work better because their easy to remember. But then, we cannot argue that fact that some titles make an impression in spite of their length. They have a kind of message and can be more informative on what the story inside will be. Not all of these literally form a totally complete sentence (because some would still need something), but I’m applying them. Let’s have a look.

BOOK TITLES THAT ARE A COMPLETE SENTENCE

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: LOVE AND A LITTLE WHITE LIE, TAMMY L. GRAY

Tammy writes really emotional romance novels, and while I don’t remember all the specifics of this one, I do know it’s a good read. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

2: THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY, JENNY HAN

Pretty sure any of the LJ novels would fit in this category, but I’ll just her ‘Summer’ series instead. Plus, they’re beign adapted, so let’s get celebrating! Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

3: THE TROUBLE WITH COWBOYS, DENISE HUNTER

When I went in to re-format this review, I labeled it a kind of Darcy and Elizabeth-esque romance. It does feel like this, but is also just a fun almost western-esque kind of book. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

4: THERE YOU’LL FIND ME, JENNY B JONES

I feel as though I kind of “had” to include this one since the film adaptation is now out. Plus, it’s just a good reads. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

5: EVERYWHERE YOU WANT TO BE, CHRISTINA JUNE

Haven’t read any of Christina’s novels yet, but they sound fun and good (and seem to be contemporary fairy tale re-tellings) so I’m here for that brand of cool. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

6: THE START OF ME AND YOU, EMERY LORD

Feel as though its been a while since I worked this one on the list. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

12 BOOK TITLES THAT FORM AN ALMOST COMPLETE SENTENCE. Sharing a collection of (nearly) complete sentence book titles! All text © Rissi JC | Book Titles that Are a Complete Sentence
12 BOOK TITLES THAT FORM AN ALMOST COMPLETE SENTENCE #TopTenTuesday #BookNerd #Bookish Click To Tweet
7: TEN THINGS WE DID (AND PROBABLY SHOULDN’T HAVE), SARAH MLYNOWSKI

Never read this one, but I have the re-release on my shelf. Could be fun. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

8: ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER, STEPHANIE PERKINS

Stephanie’s are kind of a given for this category. Using Isla’s story to remind myself I still haven’t read this book! Bookshop.org | Goodreads

9: MY EPIC SPRING BREAK (UP), KRISTIN ROCKAWAY

This is a new release that, plain and simple, looks fun (which is my jam)! Cannot wait to read this one. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

10: HELLO, GOODBYE AND EVERYTHING IN-BETWEEN, JENNIFER E. SMITH

Any of Jennifer’s would fit! This is just the first one I ran across when I looked through my review archives. Also, who else is excited to see some film adaptations of her novels!? Bookhsop.org | Goodreads

11: TAKE A CHANCE ON ME, SUSAN MAY WARREN

Book on in the Christiansen series. If I remember right, this isn’t my favorite of the bunch, but it kicks off a good series of reads. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

12: THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US, KASIE WEST

Any chance to feature a Kasie West is one I’ll take. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

What about you? What types of titles do you like better; short and sweet or lengthy? What are some of your favorite book titles? Have you read any of these? Would you want to? Comment all the thoughts below.

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you for visiting! Come back soon.

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl May 18: Book Titles That are Complete Sentences (Submitted by Jessica @ A Cocoon of Books)

• Greg May 17, 2021 at 11:03 PM

This was a fun topic because- I thought- it was surprisingly hard to come up with good book title sentences! That first one is great. and I like Take a Chance On Me but it immediately made me think of an ABBA song! :):)

• Rissi JC June 15, 2021 at 8:31 PM

Right!? That’s what I always think too! There’s a YA book that’s a Taylor Swift song title, too and I always think of that! :D Thanks for the visit, Greg.

• Lili Marcus May 18, 2021 at 1:48 AM

I haven’t posted my Top Ten this week. LOL. Great books in your list Rissi. :)

• Rissi JC June 15, 2021 at 8:31 PM

I’m always and forever last minute posting, so I feel this dilemma, Lili. :) Thanks for the visit!

• Lydia May 18, 2021 at 11:24 AM

Take a Chance on Me sounds good.

• Rissi JC June 15, 2021 at 8:30 PM

The whole series is good as I remember. :) Appreciate your visit, Lydia.

• Shaz @ Shaz Reads May 18, 2021 at 12:05 PM

The Distance Between Us is on my TBR! Great list, Rissi! ?

• Rissi JC June 15, 2021 at 8:30 PM

Hope you enjoy, Shaz! It’s fun. :) Appreciate your visit.

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads May 18, 2021 at 12:40 PM

Oh, I so need a reread of The Distance Between Us, as well as the Stephanie Perkins books!

• Rissi JC June 15, 2021 at 8:30 PM

Someday I should re-read Stephanie’s, but first I need to read Isla’s story! (And then I’m also conflicted as to whether or not I want to risk “ruining” how well I enjoyed the books the first time through.) Thanks for the visit, Lindsey! :)

• Susan (Bloggin' 'bout Books) May 18, 2021 at 7:30 PM

You can always count on Kasie West for fun reads!

Happy TTT!

Susan

• Rissi JC June 15, 2021 at 8:27 PM

YES WE CAN! (And I love it.) Thanks for stopping in, Susan. :)

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer May 19, 2021 at 12:09 PM

I still need to read Han’s Summer series. I own all three books so there’s really no excuse. Hopefully the adaptation will finally push me to pick it up. ;)

• Rissi JC June 15, 2021 at 8:26 PM

YAY! Hope you enjoy if/when you read them, Dedra. I feel like I need that push with “Shadow and Bone.” :) Appreciate your visit!