Book Colors! Celebrate Mardi Gras in a Bookish Way! A celebratory list of purple, green and yellow book covers. Just for fun. © Rissi JC

Book Colors! Celebrate Mardi Gras in a Bookish Way!

February 15, 2021 22 Comments

There’s this little event that starts today called Mardi Gras. It’s never been something that’s been of interest me, but when it gets a bookish spin, I’m a little more invested. Specifically talking Mardi Gras book colors which is purples, yellows and greens!

NETFLIX REVIEW | ‘To All the Boys: Always & Forever’: Netflix Closes Happy YA Romance Series

With that said, it’s time to go and browse my bookshelves and find books with the colors of this popular celebration. That’s the rule I’ve set out (that I have to own them) so I don’t get too overwhelmed and in searching the interwebs for good fits. Even at that, I did still find a few more than anticipated, but hey it’s books, so there’s never too many, am I right?

MARDI GRAS BOOK COLORS

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details. If you have purchased anything through our links, thank you. We’re grateful.)

1 & 2: The Betrothed and The Crown, Kiera Cass

I know Cass’ novels have a lot of hate, but they also have love, too, and for me, while not always as fleshed out as I’d hope (especially with her latest release), they are happy reading. The Betrothed on Bookshop.org | Goodreads The Crown on Bookshop.org | Goodreads

3: The Inheritance Games, Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Pretty sure I’ve used this book for a few recent lists, but when it fits, it fits. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

4: Brightly Burning, Alexa Donne

This one is all about the purple hues, and it sounds interesting too with its premise as a Jane Eyre re-telling (that also dabbles in sci-fi). Bookshop.org | Goodreads

5 & 6: Always Watching and Chasing Secrets, Lynette Eason

This is more of a gold color, but like The Betrothed, it feels fitting. Plus, who doesn’t love a good suspense novel now and again? Always Watching on Bookshop.org | Goodreads Chasing Secrets on Bookshop.org | Goodreads

7: Gunslinger Girl, Lindsay Ely

Read this one years ago, and while I didn’t love it, it looks fitting on today’s list. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

8: The Hand on the Wall, Maureen Johnson

Ok, my order history says I purchased this book, but if I’m being honest, I have no idea where my copy got to. It’s not next to book two, The Vanishing Stair, and I’m a little confused by where I may have stored it (where’s the weirdest place you’ve stashed a book?). Guess this just means a bookshelf reorganization is due. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

9: Remembrance, Michelle Madow

Adding this one not because of colors (although there is gold which I count as a “yellow”), but more because of the decorative masquerade costume! Bookshop.org | Goodreads

10: Lola and the Boy Next Door, Stephanie Perkins

Reminds me I STILL haven’t read ‘Isla.’ Where are my priorities even at? Bookshop.org | Goodreads

11: Geek Girl: Model Misfit, Holly Smale

It’s mostly purple. I’m going with it. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

12 & 13: The Comeback Season and You Are Here, Jennifer E. Smith

There are so many of Jennifer’s books I haven’t read and these two re-releases are two of them. Love the simplicity of her “old style” covers; black and white with fun doodle elements. The Comeback Season on Bookshop.org | Goodreads You are Here on Bookshop.org | Goodreads

14: Northpointe Chalet, Debra White Smith

As a re-design, this contemporary Austen re-telling is an ideal fit on today’s list. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

15: All this Time, Melissa Tagg

All the purples! Bookshop.org | Goodreads

How did you spin this week’s post? Did you focus on the colors or setting? Have you read any of these? Comment all of your thoughts down below.

PINTERST PIN

Book Colors! Celebrate Mardi Gras in a Bookish Way! A celebratory list of purple, green and yellow book covers. Just for fun. #BookColors #Colors #BookLovers #BookTwitter #ReadersCommunity #TopTenTuesday Click To Tweet

find us on social media: MeWe; Instagram; or Pinterest – and join Finding Wonderland’s NEW reader group on MeWe!

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl, host of Top Ten Tuesday \ February 16: Purple, Yellow, and/or Green Book Covers (in honor of Mardis Gras, which is today!)

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks February 15, 2021 at 11:49 pm

Remembrances looks like Mardi Gras. Wonderful finds! My TTT Colored Covers

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 12:21 pm

Right? It definitely has that “look” about it. :)

• Marg February 16, 2021 at 2:20 am

Those Stephanie Perkins books were so good!

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 12:22 pm

I agree! I enjoyed the first two books; now I just have to read book three! :)

• Ellie Warren February 16, 2021 at 2:33 am

Ahhh the Kiera Cass covers are always so pretty.

Ellie Warren recently posted: Top Ten Purple Covers
    • Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 12:22 pm

They sure are! This one seemed ideal for this topic. :)

• Lydia February 16, 2021 at 6:21 am
    • Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 1:17 pm

It is pretty, right? :)

• Angela February 16, 2021 at 6:37 am

I was trying to search my Goodreads shelves for these colors, and it was hard!

• Lee February 16, 2021 at 11:39 am

It really was ’cause I was trying to pick titles I actually wanted to read lol

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 1:20 pm

I hear that, Lee! I like to feature books from my shelf (most the time) vs. one’s I’d like to own/read. :)

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 1:20 pm

I just browsed my shelves. :)

• Lee February 16, 2021 at 11:41 am

I keep seeing The Inheritance Games. I’m going to have to check it out

Here’s My Top 10 List

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 1:25 pm

It does look good!! Hope we both enjoy it. :)

• Poinsettia February 16, 2021 at 12:50 pm

Great list! I love the pretty dresses! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 1:29 pm

SAME! Gotta’ love a pretty dress cover. :)

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads February 16, 2021 at 12:55 pm

I don’t really celebrate Mardi Gras either, but any excuse to look pretty book covers is a good one :) These all look so gorgeous together!

Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads recently posted: Twelve of 2021’s Most Anticipated Romance Novels
    • Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 1:29 pm

Right!! 100% agree. Any excuse to view pretty covers is a grand one. :)

• Ashley S. February 16, 2021 at 6:21 pm

So many pretty covers! Those Lynette Eason books were so good. I still need to read that Melissa Tagg one. I don’t know why I haven’t yet. I love her books. Oh well, hopefully one of these days I can get to it. :)

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 1:40 pm

I have two (I think?) books by Melissa and Lynette always writes a fun mystery!! :) Hope you enjoy Melissa’s!!

• Jess @ Jessticulates February 17, 2021 at 4:06 am

Great list! I really want to give the Truly Devious series a try, I love YA thrillers.

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday | LGBT+ books for Mardi Gras!
    • Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 1:41 pm

Fun! Hope you enjoy, Jess; I’ve only read book one but am hoping I enjoy the other books, too. :)