8 OF THE BEST PLACES TO VISIT ON MY BOOKSHELF. Chatting a few of my favorite book places and settings. Just because. All text © Rissi JC

8 OF THE BEST PLACES TO VISIT ON MY BOOKSHELF

October 11, 2021 26 Comments

When it comes to travel, by and large, through my many (feeling old) years on earth, the only places I travel are those sitting on my bookshelf. As it’s rainy and rather dreary here for the past two days, it seems appropriate to have some fun and talk about favorite book places and settings.

LIST | 17 OF THE BOOK NERD MOVIES WE CAN ALL ENJOY!

Some of these places or settings are pretty basic and uninspiring. Others are more exciting! But either way, let’s have a little fun travelling around as we look at some of the locales that I can visit, right at my bookshelf. Away we go.

FAVORITE BOOK PLACES AND SETTINGS

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: COUSINS BEACH from THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY

There’s a lot of states that, honestly, I really couldn’t care less about visiting (just because I don’t have the urge or there’s something about the state that personally I don’t want to become a tourist in) but more there’s a particular place I’d visit. A setting like Cousins Beach is one place I would like to visit! It just seems like a fun place to hang out. Amazon (Trilogy) | Goodreads

2: GREECE from LOVE & OLIVES

In addition to Jenna Evans Welch’s Love & Olives, part of this locale curiosity can be attributed to the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants movies. I don’t think I’d like long term stays here, but just to see the beauty once might be fun. Amazon | Goodreads

3: IRELAND from THERE YOU’LL FIND ME

I always thought Ireland looked so pretty in movies like Leap Year or As Luck Would Have It, but Jenny B. Jones YA novel There You’ll Find Me also takes place in the lush scenery country too! Amazon | Goodreads

4: MUIR HARBOR from AUTUMN BY THE SEA

Ok, so this add on is kind of a cheat since I haven’t read Melissa’s new series yet, but I love that this set will be set in a new location. Her prior books were all set in the same area, so it’ll be fun to read something new from her. Maine isn’t somewhere that’s HIGH on my personal list of place to see, but you know, I’m excited about it from Melissa’s books, and who knows, maybe I’ll become curious. Amazon | Goodreads

8 OF THE BEST PLACES TO VISIT ON MY BOOKSHELF #BOOKWORM #READER #READERS #READERCOMMUNITY #BOOKTWITTER #BLOGGERSTRIBE #TOPTENTUESDAY #YALIT Click To Tweet
5: NANTUCKET from NANTUCKET LOVE STORY (SERIES)

Courtney Walsh’s novels set in Nantucket seem charming. I’m not one for small, slow town settings because I live that reality. So ideally, I like something different. But you know, sometimes, a book does make it sound pretty. Amazon | Goodreads

6: NARNIA from THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA

I mean, I would only want to visit when it’s pretty again and things are safe post the threat of a White Witch war! Sure the snow-y landscape is pretty but I hate winters, so yeah… only pretty Narnia will suffice! Amazon (digital film)

7: PEMBERLEY from PRIDE & PREJUDICE

I mean, this is kind of a given, right? I do own a copy of the novel, but as I haven’t read it, my opinion is based solely on the films. Also, I’m pretty sure I would want to visit it in modern times, and am not in the mood for a travel twist not unlike what happens in Lost in Austen. Amazon (digital film)

8: A ROYAL COURT from THE BETRAYED

There’s so much books that have a royal court, and really, I feel like it’s a short term, quick kind of visit for me because royal courts have scary possibilities! The most recent court setting book I read was The Betrayed. Amazon | Goodreads

What about you? Do you like oversea armchair adventure or U.S. travels? Have you travelled much? Do you like it or are you most of an armchair adventurer? Comment all the comments below!

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you for visiting! Please, do come back soon.

Linking Up with That Artsy Reader Girl October 12: Favorite Book Settings

amateur graphic designer. confirmed bookaholic. bubbl’r enthusiast. critical thinker. miswesterner. social media coordinator. writer.

• Greg October 11, 2021 at 11:09 PM

Greece Greece Greece for sure. Always wanted to go there. Ireland too, and Narnia (yay). Pemberley… this is a great list ha ha!

• Rissi JC October 18, 2021 at 6:03 PM

Don’t know much (or anything) about Greece), but it does LOOK pretty! :) Thanks for visiting, Greg.

• Vero October 12, 2021 at 12:10 AM

Great places, I post about Ireland too. I forget Pemberly D: is a must

My post: https://themoonphoenix788811600.wordpress.com/2021/10/11/favorite-book-settings-top-ten-tuesday-12-october-2021/

• Rissi JC October 18, 2021 at 6:03 PM

YAY for Ireland! It looks so pretty, and yes. Gotta’ add Pemberley. :D

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks October 12, 2021 at 12:13 AM

I love all of your choices. I had Jane Austen settings and Narnia on my list, too. Like minds! My TTT vivid settings

• Rissi JC October 18, 2021 at 6:03 PM

HOORAY! Great minds and all that… :)

• Angela October 12, 2021 at 6:27 AM

Ooh, Pemberley is a good one – really any old English manor house for me!

• Rissi JC October 18, 2021 at 6:05 PM

YES! Gotta’ love the idea of seeing Permberly. :)

• Lydia October 12, 2021 at 6:39 AM

Now I want to visit Cousins Beach, too.

• Rissi JC October 18, 2021 at 6:07 PM

It just seems like a relaxing place to visit! Only maybe in the off-season. :D

• Lex @ Lexlingua October 12, 2021 at 6:47 AM

PEMBERLEY! Yes, of course! That Lizzy/ Darcy meeting really stands out, and so of course that estate is a must-visit, haha. And then you mentioned Narnia… and Ireland.. Sigh.

Lex @ Lexlingua recently posted: Favorite Book Settings
    • Rissi JC October 18, 2021 at 6:08 PM

YES! That meeting between Lizzy and Darcy was just… well, swoony. :) YAY for Ireland and Narnia. Two magical (or they seem to be!) places of their own right. :)

• Brittaney B October 12, 2021 at 8:47 AM

I’m in the middle of reading Melissa’s book right now and she does a great job of placing the reader in Maine on the coast. I’ve personally visited several times and it is one of my favorite places.

• Rissi JC October 18, 2021 at 6:13 PM

Awesome! I’m so happy to know this. I just opened my copy, only to also open a SECOND one because apparently I didn’t realize I ordered two. *shrugs* Guess this means I’ll be able to have a little giveaway. :)

• Cholla October 12, 2021 at 9:45 AM

Ireland is very high on my list of places to visit!

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Rissi JC October 18, 2021 at 6:26 PM

YES! It just looks like such a pretty place to see. :)

• Jo October 12, 2021 at 11:59 AM

I used to travel quite a bit pre-Covid, and would love to be able to do more when it’s a little easier to do so, I’ve always said I want to visit at least one country on every continent (barring Antarctica), and so far I’ve done a lot of Europe (I live in the UK, so it’s never more than a couple of hours to any European country), North America (several US states and Trinidad and Tobago) & Africa (South Africa, would love to do more). I’ve still got South America, Asia and Australia to go, and I’m hoping to get out to Australia once we’re allowed back in because my sister lives out there and I haven’t seen her in years!

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #337
    • Rissi JC October 18, 2021 at 6:28 PM

Fun! I hope you can see your sister soon. Australia always looks pretty in TV shows or movies, too. Love that you have so many places you want to see and I hope you accomplish that list. :)

• Cindy Davis October 12, 2021 at 1:04 PM

We have traveled a lot and lived overseas for ten years. One of the places we lived in was Athens, Greece. I didn’t love it but it was a great spot to travel from. Great list!

Cindy Davis recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday-Favorite Book Settings
    • Rissi JC October 18, 2021 at 6:28 PM

I don’t feel like I’d love Greece (based only on TV or film), but it does LOOK pretty! :)

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads October 12, 2021 at 1:10 PM

Greece would definitely be nice to visit! And of course, Narnia. Nantucket looks so pretty on that picture too!

• Rissi JC October 18, 2021 at 6:29 PM

It just LOOKS so pretty! And yes, Narnia and Nantucket, too, albeit for very different reasons. :)

• Stefani October 12, 2021 at 2:04 PM

Narnia is indeed a fantastic setting. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/ten-more-books-about-books/

• Rissi JC October 18, 2021 at 6:29 PM

FOR sure, Stefani!! :) Thanks for visiting.

• Michael @ The Book Lover's Sanctuary October 12, 2021 at 5:14 PM

Oh Pemberley was so sweet! Thinking of the classics, maybe the moors of Wuthering Heights should have been on my list – which is here https://bookloverssanctuary.com/2021/10/12/top-ten-tuesday-favourite-book-settings/ – too!

• Rissi JC October 18, 2021 at 6:32 PM

Pemberley would just be super cool to see! I’ve seen the movie a million and one times, so… :) Thanks for visiting, Michael.