Hey, there! Welcome to Finding Wonderland. If you’re new, thanks for being here. On Friday we dive into some of the pop culture news stories that have made headlines through the week, and some that slip under the radar. This brings us to your Pop Culture News Edition Twenty Nine. Let’s jump in!
Today there’s a little Hallmark Channel news (yep, we watch less, but still quite a few of those) and of course, more popular and recognizable stories too. Because, why not? Let’s get into the more controversial stories too. Sometimes that can be fun, and I’m all for some good conversation. It’s Friday, so let’s get the party rolling.
POP CULTURE NEWS EDITION TWENTY NINE
1: HALLMARK SIGNS FAMLIAR FACE
It broke this week that Hallmark has signed familiar leading man Andrew Walker to a multi-picture deal. This follows some of the other deals for other stars, and feels very much a thing happening because GAC (a new TV network) has signed stars like Danica McKeller and Trevor Donovan, both former Hallmark stars. However joining Walker from before are stars like Lacey Chabert. So each network has some big TV network names.POP CULTURE NEWS EDITION TWENTY NINE: TWITTER WARS AND HALLMARK NEWS #POPCULTURE #CULTURE #HALLMARK #HALLMARKNEWS #JILLWAGNER #ANDREWWALKER #TWITTER #BARBIE #MARGOTROBBIE Click To Tweet
Speaking of Hallmark, they also announced, they just wrapped filming on a new film that will feature actress Lily D. Moore. The film is titled Color My World with Love, and will also feature familiar faces Erica Durance and Benjamin Ayres. According to early plot lines, the film will be about Lily’s Kendall, a skilled painter who has Down syndrome. The film is supposed to air on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries later in 2022.
2: CBS ORDERS CHRISTMAS CHEER
If you enjoy Christmas movies, you’ll enjoy the news that CBS has ordered three Christmas romantic comedies. One will star and feature Amanda Kloots. The titles, as of now, are When Christmas Was Young, Fit for Christmas, and Must Love Christmas. All of which also have some ties (whether it’s a producer or a script writer) to people who were part of former Hallmark films.
3: TWITTER WAR
Last week, we made mention of Elon Musk acquiring nearly 10% of Twitter. This past week, he made an offer to buy Twitter at close to double the price of a share. However, Twitter is implementing what is being referred to as a “poison pill” which is described as a defensive strategy and likely means any possible sale is tough; this “poison pill” will stay in place for a year. There’s also rumors there could be lawsuits against Twitter because the board’s primary goal is to look out for shareholders and allow them the best deal.
I’m not convinced that Elon Musk buying Twitter would implement the chances many believe it will, however it’s still interesting and this Twitter response does tell me they are all about the power and proud of their control (aka censorship).
- Christmas is a-coming (so we have MORE news)! I’m one of the few who thinks the Christmas movies are better than any other TV movie networks like Hallmark air. I think most of them (though I have ones in any genre I don’t care for) are fun and sweet, and all about my “mindless” entertainment. However, many gush that the Christmas movies are the ones that matter. If you also feel this way, you’ll be glad to know GAC (the new newest network) will debut its first title on October 29.
- NCIS cast Teri Polo in the final episode(s) of its current season to play the ex of Gary Cole’s character and according to more than one story, she’ll recur in the upcoming Fall 2022 season.
- Following star Kristoffer Polaha recent-ish comments that there is a script for another Mystery 101 title for Hallmark and he’d like to make another, co-star Jill Wagner posed saying, despite some reports, she doesn’t want to leave the franchise. Instead, it’s up to Hallmark on whether or not they’ll make another one. I HOPE they do because by all accounts, the last film left the characters in a bad place. Though I haven’t watched the film – yet! Here’s hoping Hallmark makes another one to wrap things up.
- The Gilded Age will return for a second series with double the series regulars. The HBO series from Julian Fellowes is being described as a “breakout hit” and believe it or not, guys, I haven’t seen it. (Is it good?)
- According to “sources” based on a Deadline article, the cast of the feature film Barbie has expanded. Joining Margot Robbie (the titular star) and Ryan Gosling (Ken) will be stars like Kingsley Ben-Adir, Rhea Perlman, Ncuti Gatwa, Oscar winner Emerald Fennell, Sharon Rooney, Scott Evans, Ana Cruz Kayne, Connor Swindells, Ritu Arya, Jamie Demetriou, America Ferrara, Kate McKinnon, Simu Liu, Ariana Greenblatt, Emma Mackey, Alexandra Shipp, Issa Rae, Michael Cera, Hari Nef and Will Ferrell. Whew. That’s quite the lengthy cast list, right? Interesting to see a couple British stars on there, too!
Ok, it’s all you now! Which of these did you see and enjoy reading about? Did any annoy you or make ya’ smile? Which ones are you still following? What do you think about all the Twitter stories? Comment all of your thoughts below.
PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE
Thank you for visiting! Please, do come back soon.