Hello readers and fellow bookworms. Welcome to 2018 – and the very first Top Ten Tuesday of 2018. Let’s hope 2018 doesn’t travel past us with quite as much speed as 2017 did. Today we again join in with Broke and Bookish for their January 2: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2017.
So, the new authors of 2017! Goodness. I feel like there should be more than those I’ve collected down below (and I know there is), but I also feel like most of these books have been populating Finding Wonderland’s lists the past couple of weeks. Not that I mind because when a bookworm discovers a great book, they want to share all the shares about it. Fortunately for me, I think most of us feel the same way.
PS; you can also read about Finding Wonderland’s #Bestof2017 | Top Shelf Reads of 2017
NEW AUTHORS OF 2017
(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details. If you have purchased anything through our links, thank you. We’re grateful.)
(Yes, kind of recycling last weeks photos… because life.)
2. The Captive Heart by Michelle Griep |Historical novels aren’t always my jam. Why I cannot say since I’m a die-hard BBC period drama aficionado. That said, I remembering thinking Michelle’s novel quite stunning with a genuine and heartfelt romance. Amazon | Goodreads
3. Close to You by Kara Isaac | OK, so technically I read this one in 2016 (which I discovered upon editing), but it deserves ALL THE MENTIONS. Though it took me a great deal long than it should have, I finally read and thoroughly enjoyed Kara’s
beautiful debut. It’s an adult romance with intelligence. Amazon | Goodreads
4. A Lesson in Love and Murder by Rachel McMillan | Rachel’s novels are always pure delight from first page to last. They make me smile and laugh which makes them (in my book) the best kind of stories. Also, I realize I did not discover Rachel as an author in 2017… but what can I say? Reading this book was long overdue… and I’m all for oversharing about amazing fiction. Amazon | Goodreads
5. Lola & the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins | After reading Anna and the French kiss reading this companion/follow up novel was high on my list. Fortunately 2017 was THE year I finally read it. Amazon | Goodreads
6. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West | I discovered lots of Kasie West books in 2017. From ‘Distance’ to On the Fence and her next-to-latest release, Lucky in Love, they were all magical in their varying degrees of adorable. Amazon | Goodreads
7. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon | Read my first Nicola Yoon novel, and like so many that I delayed reading, tit too is a lovely story of hope and overcoming emotional scars. Amazon | Goodreads | Find the film adaptation on BluRay via Amazon
Your turn! Please tell me about the new authors of 2017 you discovered. I’d love to hear all about them (so I can take a look at all the possible new books!). Which new discoveries were your favorites? Send all the recommendations my way. Of course, the same ending comments also apply: if you joined this meme, leave your links! It may take me the week to visit your bookish spaces, but I would love to visit them.
Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland