Top Ten Tuesday | ARCs I’d ALMOST Slay a – (?) – Lion? Dragon? to Get Early

May 1, 2018 40 Comments

Top Ten Tuesday | ARCs I’d ALMOST Slay a – (?) – Lion? Dragon?
to Get Early

Hey there, happy readers. Happy May first and MAY DAY! Where
does time go? We’re nearly at the halfway mark of 2018. But before we reach
that official point, let’s welcome May with an all new edition of Top Ten
Tuesday.

That Artsy Reader Girl May 1: Books
I’d Slay a Lion to Get Early (Submitted by Emma)

(This post does contain affiliate links, which means – at no extra cost
to you, I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through a link.
Read the
disclosure page for details.)
This topic is SO much fun –
many thanks to Emma for the creative submission. I must also say this is the
perfect subject for me since anytime I have the opportunity to read a copy of a
novel I’m anticipating, it’s kinda a big deal. A big deal in the sense of it’s
an honor for this blog to be considered to feature a favorite author’s new novel.
It’s always an honor to, in a
small way, help spread the word on amazing fiction alongside all of the fellow bloggers in this community.
Today’s top ten list subject
wants us to talk a little bit about the books – novels that have a few months
(or more than?!) left before launch, we cannot wait to get our bookworm hands
on. My list of ten is simple but beside each number sits a book I’m curious
about (for many reason) and eager to add to my collection. Some are titles I’ve been anticipating from the start,
others are recent discoveries as I put this list together. Either way, I’m
ready to enjoy some great upcoming fiction.
Let’s take a peek at some of
the fiction heading our way.
1: Carols and Chaos by Cindy
Antsey | I’ve not yet read any of Cindy’s books (my loss), but they look and
sound adorable. There is one sitting on my shelf, so there’s no excuse keeping
me from reading them. In stores September 2018. Amazon | Goodreads

2: Sons of Blackbird Mountain by Joanne Bischof | Joanne’s novels never disappoint. Her writing and characters are memorable. I’ve no doubt her latest novel will follow suit. In stores July 2018. Amazon | Goodreads

3: Lovely, Dark and Deep by
Justina Chen | Only recently took a second look at this one, but it sounds really interesting – kind of like a premise that mirrors
Everything, Everything. In stores July 2018. Amazon | Goodreads

4: The Truth Between Us by Tammy L. Gray | Still reading book one in this duo, but I’m loving it. (The slowness has nothing to do with the story, and everything to do with my current busyness.) It’s safe to say, I’m thrilled (as I just discussed in a recent Waiting on Wednesday), book two is arriving so closely behind book one. In stores July 2018. Amazon | Goodreads

5: All Made Up by Kara Isaac
| This book is a recent discovery, so I have to shout – HOW DID I NOW KNOW KARA
HAS A NEW BOOK ARRIVING? Needless to say, I’m excited. Available online
September 2018. Amazon | Goodreads
6: A Sparkle of Silver by Liz
Johnson | Though I’ll confess I liked the original cover for this story better, the repackage in no way dampens my excitement for a new novel from Liz. This story sounds lovely – as I know it will be. In stores October 2018. Amazon | Goodreads

7: In Another Time by
Caroline Leech | I say it frequently, but will repeat it. YA historical is
something I’d really like to read more of. Here’s hoping one of the authors
who’s books I enjoy is Caroline Leech and her WWII romances. In stores August
2018. Amazon | Goodreads
8: The Map from Here to There
by Emery Lord | *ahem* Adding this one is probably a little premature. But what can I say? When Emery Lord announced a
sequel to The Start of Me and You (*heart
eyes*), excitement went through the roof. In stores 2019. Amazon | Goodreads
9: Murder at the Flamingo by
Rachel McMillan | Rachel’s 1900s mysteries were a hoot – and cute to boot.
Needless to say, when a kind of “spin off” series was announced, the Roaring
20s never sounded so exciting. In stores July 2018. Amazon | Goodreads

10: The Surface Breaks by
Louise O’ Neil | This one doesn’t really fit on the list because it releases
this month (therefore the “finished copy” wait is nearly over), but it was a
new-to-me book that sounds so good (a Little
Mermaid
re-telling). Therefore I didn’t want to leave it off the list. In
stores May 2018. Amazon | Goodreads
_______________________________
*video publishes Tuesday afternoon; channel
linked above
 ____________
Let’s chat about the books you’d maybe (yes or no?) slay a
lion – or mayhap a dragon? – to get an early copy of. What books or authors would
inspire this kind of dedication from you? Let me know all the bookish fun and
thoughts down below. I’d love to chat with you all.
If you joined today’s meme, make sure and leave your Top Ten
Tuesday links below so I can visit – or simply introduce your blog. I’d be glad
to visit your bookish spaces.
Finding Wonderland.

• Anonymous May 1, 2018 at 4:18 am

I only know Louise O'Neill's book from your list, but I can't wait to read that one. I hope you enjoy these when you do get around to them!

• Rissi May 1, 2018 at 4:20 am

Doesn't it sound unique? Hope we both enjoy that one!

…thanks so much for visiting, Chrissi. :)

• Kay Wisteria @HammockofBooks May 1, 2018 at 4:20 am

I LOVE the cover for The Surface Breaks and I love retellings–I can't believe I haven't heard of this but I want it now!!!

• Rissi May 1, 2018 at 4:21 am

Me too – that cover is BEAUTIFUL!! Made the book immediately stand out, and suggested the story would be exactly what it says it is – a 'Mermaid' re-telling. SO excited, especially since that's a legend I rarely see re-told. :)

Thanks so much for visiting, Kay.

• Elena May 1, 2018 at 5:09 am

I really like the cover for The Surface Breaks and it sounds really interesting too! I love retellings, I might have to get this one. I hope you enjoy these books! Great list!

Elena @ The Novelistics

• Rissi May 1, 2018 at 5:16 am

Same! It's not only pretty, but looks as if it fits with the story really well.

Thanks for visiting, Elena. :)

• Andi May 1, 2018 at 5:12 am

I’m anxiously awaiting for Sons of Blackbird Mountain too! I’d also like to read Murder at the Flamingo. I’ve not read any
    of Rachel McMillin’s work and I’ve heard it’s good!
    My post is about authors whose books I’d slay a snake to get early.

• Rissi May 1, 2018 at 5:17 am

Rachel's novels are so much fun, Andi. I do hope if you have the chance to read them that you enjoy. :)

Really glad you stopped by – and I look forward to visiting your blog!! (Hopefully tomorrow.)

• Greg May 1, 2018 at 5:15 am

Happy May! Murder at the Flamingo sounds like something I'd like. :)

• Rissi May 1, 2018 at 5:18 am

It sure sounds and looks like SO much fun, Greg. Hope if you read it, you also enjoy. :)

…thanks for visiting.

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads May 1, 2018 at 7:59 am

Lovely Dark and Deep sounds amazing, I'll have to check it out! And yes to The Surface Breaks, I've been craving more little mermaid retellings after finishing To Kill A Kingdom :)

• Rissi May 8, 2018 at 3:28 am

I simply don't see mermaid re-tellings, Lindsey. But I'd like to discover more!! :)

Thanks, as always, for visiting.

• Ellie Warren May 1, 2018 at 8:25 am

My copy of The Surface Breaks was dispatched yesterday! It looks so pretty. I do have a mixed relationship with her books, I think she is a great writer but also very bleak. I'm interested to see what she does with a fantasy story though.

• Rissi May 8, 2018 at 3:30 am

RIGHT!? It does look pretty! Let me know what you think of 'Surface' and I do understand about liking a certain authors writing, but also feeling a kind of disconnect.

Appreciate you visiting, Ellie! :)

• Sara @ Forever 17 Books May 1, 2018 at 11:43 am

Carols and Chaos! I remember seeing that boo before but forgot to add it to my tbr at the time so thanks so much for including it here! I love Christmas themed novels.

• Rissi May 8, 2018 at 3:31 am

Doesn't 'Carols' look darling? Like you, I enjoy some Christmas novels, but for me, they must always be read around the season. :)

Thanks so much for visiting, Sara – and I'm glad I could remind you of a potential new TBR book!

• Verushka Byrow May 1, 2018 at 12:06 pm

I am loving the retro look of the Murder at the Flamingo — and not to mention the humour makes it all the more interesting!

• Rissi May 8, 2018 at 3:33 am

Right!? Gotta' love the vintage vibes – and Rachel's books are always full of fantastic humor. :)

Thanks for visiting, Verushka.

• Mariela Silva May 1, 2018 at 1:21 pm

OMG! In Another Time! I want it right now! I wish I could get an ARC!
    My TTT.

• Rissi May 8, 2018 at 3:35 am

Doesn't it look amazing!? Hope we both enjoy, Mariela – and thanks for visiting! :)

• Barb May 1, 2018 at 1:23 pm

A lot of these books are new to me. Thanks for sharing them!

• Rissi May 8, 2018 at 3:36 am

Sure! Thank you for visiting, Barb.

• Poinsettia May 1, 2018 at 1:48 pm

Murder at the Flamingo sounds good! I'll have to look for that. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• Rissi May 8, 2018 at 3:37 am

Rachel's books are always fantastic! Hope you enjoy if you do read it, and thanks so much for visiting. :)

• Peppermint Ph.D. May 1, 2018 at 7:17 pm

I almost added In Another Time to my list and now seeing it on several lists, I'm wishing that I had. Oh well! I'll add it to Goodreads :)

• Rissi May 8, 2018 at 3:42 am

I know this feeling all too well. I often overlook books too, and then spy them on others lists only to realize I had an epic #BookFail by not including them. But there's always other lists, right!? :)

Thanks for visiting!

• Ashley Sapp May 1, 2018 at 7:32 pm

I'm so excited for Sons of Blackbird Mountain. Murder at the Flamingo sounds awesome too.

• Rissi May 8, 2018 at 3:43 am

Me too!! And Rachel's books are forever fabulous, Ashley, so I've zero doubt this summer release will follow in those same footsteps. :)

Glad you visited.

• Alicia AKernelofNonsense May 1, 2018 at 9:06 pm

Carols and Chaos does look adorable. I have only read one of Cindy Antsey's novels and enjoyed it. I recently got my hands on her second novel and am looking forward to reading it.

• Rissi May 8, 2018 at 3:44 am

I agree. It looks like the perfect "fireplace" read over the Christmas season. I haven't read any of Cindy's books – YET! – but am glad to know you enjoyed. :)

…thanks for visiting, Alicia.

• IloveHeartlandX May 1, 2018 at 10:02 pm

I'm super excited for Louise O'Neill's book!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/01/top-ten-tuesday-157/

• Rissi May 8, 2018 at 3:45 am

Cool!! Hope you enjoy, Jo – it certainly does look really good. :)

…thanks for stopping by.

• AJ Sterkel May 1, 2018 at 10:55 pm

I hope you get a chance to read all these! I wouldn’t be good at slaying lions or dragons. They’d slay me first!

Aj @ Read All The Things!

• Rissi May 8, 2018 at 3:47 am

Right!? I'm the same, AJ! I don't know that there's any book I'd be brave enough to even ATTEMPT this for! ;)

Thanks for visiting.

• Tracy May 2, 2018 at 12:30 am

These are all new to me, but The Surface Breaks looks right up my alley!! Great list!

• Rissi May 8, 2018 at 3:49 am

Hope you enjoy if you read 'Surface,' Tracy! I thought it looked really unique. Glad you stopped by. :)

• Michelle May 2, 2018 at 3:14 am

Wow, I didn't realize Louise O'Neill had 2 books coming out so close to one another!! I hope that doesn't mean it'll be FOREVER until her next book bc I love her stuff. Great list!!

• Rissi May 8, 2018 at 3:50 am

Good to know you like her books, Michelle. I don't think I've ever even seen her books around the blogosphere. But I spotted this one, and the synopsis did sound good… so maybe I'll read this one…! :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Flipping Through the Pages May 2, 2018 at 8:55 am

All of these books are totally new to me. I hope you get to read all of these soon and love them :)
    My TTT: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/05/ten-types-of-titles-frequently-used-in-ya-genre-books/

• Rissi May 8, 2018 at 3:50 am

Thanks! Me too. Appreciate you stopping by. :)