2021 Books I’m Anticipating and Excited For: Part One. Talking *some* of the 2021 books to anticipate, part 1! What are you excited for? Text © Rissi JC

2021 Books I’m Anticipating and Excited For: Part One

January 4, 2021 23 Comments

With a new year brings new editions of annual traditions. One of these is the excitement over new books. This is why today, in this first full week of January 2021, we take a look at 2021 books to anticipate, part 1!

LIST | THE BEST IN FICTION 2020: FAVORITE READS OF THE YEAR!

Since I also have a video due this week in which I talk about other anticipated reads, this list won’t be the entirety of the books to anticipate. And let’s be real, despite the two platforms celebrating the books I’m looking forward to, this list still won’t be inclusive. This is because a: I forget books and b: books that I don’t know about know, are announced as 2021 publications. But still, this part one offering (we circle back for a June – December anticipated list later in the year), is full of books I’m curious about. Some of which I may even be heading over to preorder (because they sound that fun).

Let’s have a look at part one of these anticipated books!

2021 BOOKS TO ANTICIAPATE, PART 1

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details. If you have purchased anything through our links, thank you. We’re grateful.)

1: Hot British Boyfriend, Kristy Boyce (February)

This one sounds silly, but also darling. It’s set to follow a girl who, after being humiliated by her crush, takes drastic measures: she flees the country. She studies abroad where she decides she needs a British boyfriend, which is what makes her new friendship with another cute boy so complicated. Amazon | Goodreads

2: Is it Any Wonder, Courtney Walsh (April)

Ready to visit Nantucket? If so, you’ll want to pick up Courtney Walsh’s second novel in her Nantucket series. Amazon | Goodreads

3: Never Miss, Melissa Koslin (May)

Penned by a 2021 debut author, this high-stakes thriller sounds INTERESTING! It’s set to follow a CIA sniper with a “rare pedigree.” She ends up trying to help a man whose life she saves, only to perhaps put her own in danger. Amazon | Goodreads

4: Lucky Girl, Jamie Pacton (May)

Not sure if this will be a book that I’ll 100% love (the plot), but I did enjoy Jamie’s debut and so, naturally I’m curious about her follow up, Lucky Girl. Amazon | Goodreads

5: Let it Be Me, Becky Wade (May)

Reading the second book in Becky’s latest series is high on my MUST list. I am crazy excited for this book, especially since I think her novel Stay With Me (book one) is her best yet. Amazon | Goodreads

6: Sunkisssed, Kasie West (May)

Always love Kasie’s books, so reading this one (along with Moment of Truth, already released) is HIGH on my must-read list. Amazon | Goodreads

7: Reconnected, Catherine Tinker (June)

This is a novel that is a delay publication despite it initially going to release much sooner than June of 2021 (at first), my excitement isn’t tempered. It’s a modern re-telling of Persuasion and I’m HERE for it! Amazon | Goodreads

8: Plot Twist, Bethany Turner (June)

I’ve read two of Bethany’s three prior releases. One I love, one I didn’t care for as well. This one has a bright, cheerful cover design and I cannot wait to discover what its story may tell! Amazon | Goodreads

[POTENTIAL] RUNNERS-UP

The books I’m still “on the fence about” or don’t know enough about to fully “commit” to

Slingshot, Mercedes Helnwein (April)

This one sounds… plain and simple, fun! Amazon | Goodreads

Pride and Premeditation, Tirzah Price (April)

Not sure what to make of this one. But I’d be willing to give it a chance depending on the reviews. Amazon | Goodreads

What’s Not to Love, Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broka (April)

I didn’t love the one novel I read by these two, but am open to read others by them.  Amazon | Goodreads

10 Truths and a Dare, Ashley Elston (May)

Read Ashley’s first rom-com book, 10 Blind Dates, and thought it was (mostly) cute. Needless to say, I’m curious about her followup. Amazon | Goodreads

Last Chance Books, Kelsey Rodkey (May)

A hate to love trope that sounds like all kinds of cute – because BOOKSTORE! Amazon | Goodreads

Now, over to you, happy readers. Tell me, what anticipated books are on your MUST list? Do you have any preorders already; or do you bother with preorders? Of course, I have more I’m excited or CURIOUS about, and I’ll take about some of them in this week’s (Thursday) new video. In the meantime, comment all of the bookish thoughts down in the comments.

PINTEREST PIN

2021 Books I’m Anticipating and Excited For: Part One. Talking some of the 2021 books to anticipate, part 1! What are you excited for? #NewBooks #2021Books #TBR #BookNerd #AmReading #TopTenTuesday Click To Tweet

find us on social media: MeWe; Instagram; or Pinterest – and join Finding Wonderland’s NEW reader group on MeWe!

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

• Brooke Lorren January 5, 2021 at 12:11 am

Several of these sound great! I was a little disappointed with Slingshot–although the story itself was interesting enough, the characters seemed a little old for YA and the ending wasn’t exactly what I’d hoped it to be. If you read it, I hope you like it.

Brooke Lorren recently posted: December 2020 Wrap-Up
    • Rissi JC January 11, 2021 at 8:23 pm

Uh-oh! I don’t like the sound of the ending. ;) Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Brooke.

• Jess @ Jessticulates January 5, 2021 at 2:59 am

Great list! I don’t think I’ve heard of any of these, I’ll have to check them out.

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday | Anticipated 2021 releases!
    • Rissi JC January 11, 2021 at 8:27 pm

Thanks for the visit, Jess. :)

• Greg January 5, 2021 at 3:33 am

These look like a lot of fun. I have to admit I’m a sucker for some of those teal- ish/ green covers too. :)

• Rissi JC January 11, 2021 at 8:28 pm

I’m certainly hoping so, Greg! Always fun to anticipate new reads. :)

• Stefani Tabakovska January 5, 2021 at 6:44 am

I did mu post for the full year as I don’t typically follow everything that’s coming out, but excited to see all the lists today :D https://readwithstefani.com/most-anticipated-book-releases-of-2021/

• Rissi JC January 11, 2021 at 8:29 pm

It is indeed fun to look at everyone’s lists! Thanks for visiting, Stefani.

• Poinsettia January 5, 2021 at 7:29 am

These all sound like a lot of fun! I hope you really enjoy them. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Rissi JC January 11, 2021 at 8:31 pm

Thanks; I hope so too! :)

• Lydia January 5, 2021 at 8:05 am

Sunkissed sounds fun.

My post.

• Rissi JC January 11, 2021 at 8:31 pm

Sure does! And I’m hopeful it’ll be precisely this. :)

• Christopher @ Plucked from the Stacks January 5, 2021 at 12:13 pm

These look like a ton of fun! I’m really looking forward to Plot Twist, too.

• Rissi JC January 11, 2021 at 8:32 pm

Cool. “Plot Twist” has such a fun cover, and I’m hoping the story will be good too! :)

• Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse January 5, 2021 at 3:16 pm

I’m excited for Sun Kissed, too! Hopefully it’s a winner.

• Rissi JC January 11, 2021 at 8:32 pm

SAME! It looks so good. :)

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense January 5, 2021 at 4:20 pm

I hope all these reads turn out to be amazing for you. Happy 2021!

• Rissi JC January 11, 2021 at 8:32 pm

Thank you, Alicia. I hope so too. Happy 2021 to you as well.

• Leslie January 5, 2021 at 7:24 pm

I really hope you enjoy these. I haven’t heard of some of them but they all sound like great reads. I think the only author I’ve read on here is Kasie West!

• Rissi JC January 11, 2021 at 8:33 pm

Kasie’s books are always good; hoping her 2021 release is no different. :)

• Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight January 6, 2021 at 9:29 pm

Lucky Girl looks SO cute! A few of these are new to me, I will have to check them out because they look good. Thanks for sharing them all, I hope you enjoy them!

Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight recently posted: Superlatives of The 100: Most Underrated Episodes
  • Dedra @ A Book Wanderer January 10, 2021 at 12:24 pm

I’m not sure how, but all of these are new to me! I have a hit or miss relationship with Kasie West’s books, so I usually wait to hear what others think before I pick them up. I’ll be anxious to hear your thoughts! Happy Reading!

• […] DISCUSSION | 2021 Books I’m Anticipating and Excited For: Part One […]