A Few of the Things to Be Most Grateful For. Talking things I'm grateful for. What are some of your best grateful thoughts? © Rissi JC

A Few of the Things to Be Most Grateful For

November 23, 2020 22 Comments

In this thing called life, there is endless amount of things to be grateful for. Sometimes, lost in the shuffle of our day to day lives, I do forget all of the things I am most grateful for. As we approach Thanksgiving, a day to reflect on these things, and on the greater privilege that is living in this country, it’s the ideal time to talk about things I’m grateful for.

LIST | A Simple and Sweet 2020 Gift Guide

Some of these are small things. Others are bigger, more important things. But no matter what, I don’t think anything that we are grateful for should be taken for granted.

Things to be Grateful For

1: [THE] ARMED FORCES

Always grateful for the men and women who defend this country, who fought and are fighting to protect this free nation.

2: BOOKS

I mean, this is a website where we celebrate books and bookish things, so I kind of have to mention this, right?

3: COURAGE OF THOUGHT

I’m so grateful for people who stand up, and apart rather than follow a narrative.

4: DESIGN

I’ve really been into creating digital things for this website, and I’m loving that form of creativity. Here’s hoping in 2021 I’m able to do more after the “basic” things I’ve worked on this year.

5: FAMILY

Family is one of life’s greatest treasures. They’re always in your corner.

6: HOME

Gratitude for home is often overlooked I think, but thank goodness for a home, and for the people inside it.

7: LAUGHTER

This may seem silly, but do we take the power of laughter for granted? I feel like we do.

8: NATURE

I’m not a nature person, but in this last month while I was on a walk (which I am also not a fan of), I was amazed at the beautiful autumn colors, and how stunning they look against the blue canvas that is the sky. Makes one stop and realize how marvelous His creation really is.

9: TV BINGING

I’ve been watching WAY too many TV shows of late, and it’s a problem. Still, there’s nothing that makes one laugh-out-loud quite like select ½ hour comedies.

10: WARM COCOA

I don’t drink cocoa in the traditional sense, but for the purpose of this list, I’m calling it this. I’ll also say I’m still loving my cranberry Bubbl’r; it’s like my end of day pick-me-up.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST… YOU

Just wanted to give a shout-out to readers who visit here; thank you! This space continues to slowly grow since the move to WordPress, and that’s contributed to people who find and visit this space. If you are someone who enjoys fangirl things, reviews, lists, books, or just fun conversation, please consider joining in the conversation or introduce your own website. I love to meet new people, and am ALWAYS open to new ideas or comments letting me know what you like best about the formats and information or what you might want to see around here.

PINTEREST PIN

A Few of the Things to Be Most Grateful For. Talking things I'm grateful for. What are some of your best grateful thoughts? #Gratitude #Happy #Grateful #Thanksgiving Click To Tweet

What about you? What sorts of things are you grateful for this Thanksgiving week? What’s making you feel thankful and happy? Just remember, there are countless things to be grateful for. Comment all of your thoughts down below.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl and Top Ten Tuesday November 24: Thanksgiving/I’m Thankful for… Freebie

• Greg November 23, 2020 at 11:17 pm

Yes to all of these!! Great picks. :) Hope you have an awesome thanksgiving!!

• Patrick Prescott November 24, 2020 at 1:00 am

Ooh, Hot Coco, yes that is truly something to be grateful for. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/11/time-to-count-blessings.html

• Mareli @ Elza Reads November 24, 2020 at 4:30 am

Well your gratefulness for designing sure is paying off. Your blog is beautiful and well designed! You can truly be thankful for that. I don’t have that gift at all!

It’s been a tough year and I believe we can should all just reflect a bit and count our blessings.

I am also grateful for all my fellow bloggers. What a lovely community this is. I love just escaping from reality and have fun on the blog.

May you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

Elza is grateful for

• Rissi JC December 7, 2020 at 7:53 pm

Thank you, Mareli, that’s kind of you. I wish I did design this entire blog, but I always buy themes. I just add in some things and create graphics for the header or graphics for each individual publication. :)

Same re: bloggers. I’ve met so many great ones through this writing season of life, and it’s always a great place to chat. THANK YOU for reading here, and as always, for the comment. Apologies for the delay in replying.

• Jess @ Jessticulates November 24, 2020 at 5:53 am

Great list! Nature has been a life and sanity-saver for me this year. I ended up having to move back in with my parents this year and luckily for me they live in the South Wales countryside, and I’m so grateful I’ve been able to go out for walks and sit in their garden during lockdown.

• Angela November 24, 2020 at 6:41 am

Family and home are two of the biggest things I’m thankful for, too! Especially the family in my home, my husband, because I wouldn’t have gotten through the last 8 months without him!

• Lydia November 24, 2020 at 6:56 am
  • Susan (Bloggin' 'bout Books) November 24, 2020 at 8:47 am

Home – both as a physical place and an emotional one – is something I’m continually grateful for. There truly is no place like it :)

Happy TTT and Happy Thanksgiving!

Susan

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads November 24, 2020 at 12:24 pm

Wonderful list, Rissi! All of these are lovely, but of course I’m also very thankful for books, family, home and the blogging community :) BTW, I love your website design!

• Rissi JC December 7, 2020 at 8:02 pm

Same here, Lindsey – and thank you. (Also, sorry it took me so long to reply!).

I wish I could take credit for the template, but I always buy them. I use to do way more in terms of design, but am limited now because of my host. Instead I design headers, individual publication graphics, etc. It’s still fun. :)

• Jo November 24, 2020 at 2:25 pm

I’m definitely grateful for TV binging, I don’t know how they did it in the last pandemic without TV! Also always grateful for books and my family and friends.

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #291
  • Poinsettia November 24, 2020 at 2:57 pm

What a wonderful list! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer December 2, 2020 at 2:38 pm

Awww, I loved this. With the year we’ve had, I’m especially grateful for my home and laughter, too. <3