The Most Recent Additions to My Bookshelf TBR | Top Ten Tuesday

January 28, 2019 22 Comments

Happy Tuesday readers and fellow Top Ten Tuesday participants! Let’s get to our meme making with an all-new Top Ten Tuesday January 29 list!

That Artsy Reader Girl | January 29: The Ten Most Recent Additions to My To-Read List Top Ten Tuesday January 29

I don’t mind telling you all, this is one of my favorite topics! I so enjoy looking back through my recent TBR additions and discover what a specific few of my latest adds are. Only I’m going to feature recent bookshelf additions in the hopes that during 2019 I will actually read the ten books on this list! Plus, I don’t really keep track of books I want to read with Goodreads or the like. I will also add, these aren’t my most recent bookshelf additions. Those I reveal in my Thursday booktube video aka the monthly haul and wrap up installment.

With that said, let’s not monkey around. I present to you the ten recent Bookshelf Additions.

Top Ten Tuesday January 29: [Ten of the Most Recent Additions to my Bookshelf TBR]

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: Carols and Chaos by Cindy Antsy | Picked this one up prior to the Christmas festivities. I really wanted to read it during the Christmas season, but alas, time got away from me. Amazon | Goodreads

2: My Plain Jane by Brodie Ashton, Cynthia Hand and Jodi Meadows | Since My Lady Jane released, this is one I’ve intended to read so far I haven’t gotten around to reading it or this subsequent “sequel.” Amazon | Goodreads

3: Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes | This one sounds like so much fun! Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday January 29

4: We Were Beautiful by Heather Helper | A recent acquisition thanks to the amazing publisher, Blink. It’s a contemporary (my reading jam), but also sounds as if it’ll be an emotionally draining read. Amazon | Goodreads

5: Five Feet Apart | Interest in this was sparked by the upcoming film adaptation, and then further by the plot which is about two teens living with Cystic Fibrosis, a disease that is in my family. Amazon | Goodreads

6: Renegades by Marissa Meyer | Finally I added this one to my shelf, and after all of the hype, I’m curious. But the nearly 600 page count intimidates me like no one’s business! Amazon | Goodreads

7: The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan | A random novel I picked up by an author I’ve never read; and likely a novel I won’t read until 2019’s Christmas season. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday January 29

8: Mortal Engines by Phillip Reeves | This one I picked up because the film looks visually stunning though I know next-to-nothing about the book. Amazon | Goodreads

9: Kiss Me in Paris by Catherine Rider | I’m actually really excited about this one because I read Kiss Me in New York this past Christmas, and did enjoy it. It stands to reason I’d enjoy this one, too, right!? Amazon | Goodreads

10: One Day in December by Josie Silver | This is the sole title (on this list) that I have read. Unfortunately, for all its hype, I did not care for this one. Amazon | Goodreads

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE

*video publishes Tuesday afternoon; channel linked above

Christmas stories, #HistoricalFiction and #YALit + more! Today we again join another edition of #TopTen Tuesday: The Most Recent Additions to My Bookshelf TBR | Top Ten Tuesday Click To Tweet

Tell me, what books did you feature today? Did you base your additions on Goodreads stats or actual bookshelf add-ons? What plans do you have for your 2019 TBR? Comment down below with all of your thoughts – and don’t forget to leave your blog or Top Ten Tuesday list link. I’d love to circle back to your bookish space.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Niamh @ nuggets of niamh January 28, 2019 at 11:30 PM

I recently added Five Feet Apart to my TBR, too! I read Renegades this time last year (I hope you enjoy it!) so Archenemies is on my list now!

Niamh @ nuggets of niamh recently posted: my audiobook TBR pile // Top Ten Tuesday
    • Rissi JC January 28, 2019 at 11:33 PM

Hope you enjoyed Renegades, Niamh. It sounds like a fun read; and hopefully we both like Five Feet Apart. I suspect it’ll be emotional, but hopefully worth it.

Thanks so much for visiting today! :)

• Niamh @ nuggets of niamh January 28, 2019 at 11:37 PM

Renegades was so much fun and I’m excited to continue with the series! Oh yes, I’ll definitely be keeping the tissues handy for Five Feet Apart! :)

• Rissi January 29, 2019 at 12:21 AM

I’m so glad to know this! I’ve been hopeful Renegades would be a fun read, so maybe I’ll try and read it this year. :)

• Chrissi Reads January 28, 2019 at 11:43 PM

I’m intrigued by Renegades but I’m yet to read it. Great list, Rissi!

• Rissi January 29, 2019 at 12:22 AM

Same. Hope we both enjoy, Chrissi. Appreciate the visit!! :)

• Greg January 29, 2019 at 12:04 AM

Little White Lies does sound pretty awesome. And same here about Mortal engines. I haven’t looked to closely at the book but after seeing the movie trailer I’m kinda curious now!

• Rissi January 29, 2019 at 12:23 AM

Right!? I’ve never read one of Jennifer’s books, but it sounds so fun. Also, hope we both enjoy Mortal Engines if we read it. The film looks visually amazing, but I know it didn’t do well in the theater. Often times, this is an indicator it’s one I’ll enjoy. :) Thanks for the visit, Greg.

• Louise @ Foxes and Fairy Tales January 29, 2019 at 3:19 AM

My Lady Jane is one of my absolute favourites. I hope you enjoy it!
    My TTT for this week

• Kelly @ Wandering Through Books January 29, 2019 at 9:50 AM

Renegades is a good read (although it definitely is… many-paged), I’m definitely looking forward to seeing how the trilogy wraps up!

• Ashley S. January 29, 2019 at 12:21 PM

I’ve had Renegades in my TBR pile for awhile. It sounds so awesome, but that page count is super intimidating for me too. Hopefully we’ll both read it this year. :)

• Amber @ The Book Bratz January 29, 2019 at 1:16 PM

I really enjoyed Renegades! I hope you enjoy it when you read it! Great list :)

Amber ♥ The Book Bratz
    My TTT

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense January 29, 2019 at 3:27 PM

I haven’t gotten around to reading My Plain Jane either, but I hope when we both do, we end up enjoying it. Happy reading!

• Rel Mollet January 29, 2019 at 5:36 PM

You always have such great book finds, Rissi. My Plain Jane is one I’m keen to read, too :)

• Brooke Lorren January 29, 2019 at 10:09 PM

I enjoy long books, but sometimes when I see a book is short I feel relief. I’m interested in reading Renegades someday, but so many books, so little time.

Brooke Lorren recently posted: The Ten Most Recent Additions to My TBR