12 of the Most Romantic Book Covers on My Shelf | Top Ten Tuesday

February 11, 2019 28 Comments

12 of the Most Romantic Book Covers on My Shelf | Top Ten Tuesday

February 11, 2019 28 Comments
Top Ten Tuesday February 12

Hello, readers and Top Ten Tuesday participants! Welcome to Finding Wonderland. Today’s Top Ten Tuesday February 12 edition (appropriately) is all about the romance.

That Artsy Reader Girl | Top Ten Tuesday February 12: Favorite Couples In Books

Top Ten Tuesday February 12

Ok, so here’s the thing. I adore this topic (because who doesn’t like the chance to talk about their OTPs!?), since I just recently (finally) published my long-in-draft post of (a few) favorite bookish couples, I decided to go a different route. Though I went the lazy way, and used aesthetics vs story depth or cues, it’s still a holiday appropriate post.

Instead of favorite couples, I’m sharing ten pretty in pink (or basically anything swoony and romantic) book covers on my bookshelf! Let’s have a look-see.

Top Ten Tuesday February 12: Romantic Covers

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: In Paris with You by Clémentine Beauvais | Forgot to add this on in the booktube video, but whatevs! Including it here because, awwww! Amazon | Goodreads

2: Just a Kiss by Denise Hunter | Because not only is this image dreamy, so is the title. Amazon | Goodreads

3: All Made Up by Kara Isaac | I love a cover that’s romantic but is minimal with its gesture. Not unlike In Paris with You, this novel also features the chase (but swoony) gesture of hand-holding. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday February 12

4: Wait for Me by Caroline Leech | I’m sensing a theme here. Amazon | Goodreads

5: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Movie Tie-in) | Because this moment is gorgeous! Amazon | Goodreads

6: Hello, Goodbye and Everything In-Between by Jennifer E. Smith | Jennifer’s black-and-white covers always catch my eye. Recently, her book covers have been changed a bit, but this style remains my favorite. Amazon | Goodreads

7: Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks (Movie Tie-in) | Why, yes, this is the movie tie-in edition. I still think it’s tres romantic – and yes, I bought this edition on purpose. I like the tie in editions. #UnpopularOpinion Amazon | Goodreads • Film on Amazon

Top Ten Tuesday February 12

List | New & Old Favorites: Love Stories in Fiction, Part 1

8: Heart Land by Kimberley Stuart | Are you also sense a holding-of-the-hands theme? Also, it has “heart” in its title so it’s fate. Amazon | Goodreads

9: The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck by Bethany Turner | Ok, so this one isn’t romantic in the same way the rest of these covers are. But. It features lots of adorable little hearts on the snazzy cover, and the story inside is swoony. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday February 12

10: The Wonder of You by Susan May Warren | The cover explains itself. *swoons* Amazon | Goodreads

11 & 12: By Your Side and Lucky in Love by Kasie West | You knew I couldn’t let a romance topic pass without mentioning Kasie West, right!? Everything about these covers are YA romance perfection. By Your Side has the swoon-worthy act of a gentle-tuck-the-girl’s-hair-behind-her-ear; while Lucky in Love is a cover with the proper old-fashioned appeal (plus there’s a heart-shaped balloon!) that shows obvious interest without contact. ‘Side’: Amazon | Goodreads ● ‘Love’: Amazon | Goodreads

There's a new edition of #TopTen Tuesday fun! Today, in honor of #ValentinesDay, we talk all the swoony things. 12 of the Most Romantic Book Covers on My Shelf | Top Ten Tuesday Click To Tweet

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE

*video publishes Tuesday afternoon; channel linked above

How did you spin today’s Valentine Day theme? Did you go by-the-book or did you change it up? Have you read any of the books I list?  Share your favorite romance read or comment below with any thoughts!

If you joined Top Ten Tuesday – or have a blog, please introduce yourself below. I’d be glad to visit your bookish spaces, too.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Destiny @ Howling Libraries February 11, 2019 at 11:06 pm

Aw, this is a great list! I’m a recent convert to Kasie West love and I can’t get enough of her writing right now. :) I just read her latest release a few days ago and adored it! Oh, and you’re not alone on liking the movie tie-in covers — I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but there are quite a few that I really love! Happy reading! :)

Destiny @ Howling Libraries recently posted: T15T: My Top Romance TBR
    • Rissi JC February 11, 2019 at 11:21 pm

Aren’t Kasie’s books adorable!? I’ve enjoyed all that I’ve read by her so far. Haven’t read her newest tough. :)

*high five* Aside from the books often adding (some variation of) the “soon to be a major motion picture” circle, I always like the tie-in editions.

Same to you, Destiny; happy reading, and thanks for the visit!

• Melanie Parker February 11, 2019 at 11:34 pm

Great list! I’ve been off and on considering trying a Kasie West. I don’t read much fluffy contemporary, but I know so many people who truly enjoy her writing and read basically everything she puts out.

• Rissi JC February 11, 2019 at 11:38 pm

Kasie’s books are definitely fluffy, but that’s what I love about them. They’re easy to enjoy without having to overthink anything. Hope you enjoy if you do give one a chance. Appreciate the visit, Melanie. :)

• Chrissi Reads February 11, 2019 at 11:46 pm

The cover of Safe Haven is so cute. As a fellow Kasie West fan, you know I always love everything to do with her! Great list, Rissi!

• Rissi February 12, 2019 at 12:06 am

I agree, Chrissi! This cover (the tie-in edition) is swoony, and lovely. *high five* to my fellow Kasie West fan. :) Thanks so much for the visit.

• Greg February 12, 2019 at 12:05 am

I really like In Paris With You, All Made Up and Hello Goodbye a lot. Lucky in Love is a fun cover too. :)

• Rissi February 12, 2019 at 12:08 am

All clear favorites of mine as well, Greg. I especially like ‘Paris’ because of its “clean” aesthetic, plus the colors. Thanks for the visit! :)

• Andi February 12, 2019 at 1:16 am

I love your spin. I did the couples which could be done each week there are so many great ones. Fabulous list!

• Brooke Lorren February 12, 2019 at 1:29 am

I like your take on this week’s theme. I also seem to like the hand-holding covers. I’m not as big of a fan of the covers where people are kissing.

Brooke Lorren recently posted: Second Star: Calling Peter Pan!
  • Astilbe February 12, 2019 at 7:01 am

Those are all beautiful covers. Nice choices there.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• Lydia February 12, 2019 at 7:40 am

You’re one of the few people I know who like movie tie-in covers. What do you find most appealing about them?

This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

• Rissi JC February 12, 2019 at 12:25 pm

I know! I’m strange. ;) In the case of ‘Guernsey’ and Safe Haven I adore the romanticism of the cover art. I don’t really care for the original of the latter, though don’t mind the former. In some cases I like them both equally (like for Everything, Everything – and I own the original), but most the time, I like the tie-in just a *tiny* bit better.

Thanks so much for the visit, Lydia.

• Brittaney B February 12, 2019 at 9:36 am

So basically, you find hand holding more romantic than kissing? I think an argument could be made for that, that I could agree with ; )

• Rissi JC February 12, 2019 at 1:26 pm

Ya think!? ;) Depends on the moment/scene, I suppose. But in this case, these covers are so pretty, and I kinda’ think they’re all the more swoony because of the non-kiss policy. Pretty sure I do like a good kissing cover though too.

Thanks so much for the visit, Brittaney.

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense February 12, 2019 at 10:53 am

I love your description of By Your Side. It is perfect. I can’t recall if Autumn tucks her hair behind her ear, but it would be appropriate for that one. Great list!

• Kelly @ Wandering Through Books February 12, 2019 at 12:31 pm

Lots of hand-holding on romantic book covers! (I guess that makes sense and isn’t actually an interesting pattern…) I’m finding it really interesting to see the spins people are putting on this weeks TTT!

• Anne@Headfullofbooks February 12, 2019 at 1:18 pm

You are always so creative in your presentation. Thanks for upping the game for all of us. I rarely notice or select books for their covers and I’m more apt to notice ugly or inappropriate covers than lovely ones. What does that say about me? My favorite literary couples

• Courtney Clark February 12, 2019 at 5:33 pm

Such sweet covers! I also love Kara Isaac’s ‘Close to You’.

• Niamh @ nuggets of niamh February 17, 2019 at 2:06 am

I love me a cute romantic cover! And I think that cover of Safe Haven is the sweetest! (Unpopular opinion: sometimes movie tie-in covers are nicer than the originals.)

Niamh @ nuggets of niamh recently posted: Fierce Fragile Hearts // Blog Tour