Top Ten Tuesday January 22

Ten Books I Really Wanted to Read Last Year | Top Ten Tuesday

January 21, 2019 38 Comments

Hello, everyone and welcome again to another addition of a popular meme. We have Top Ten Tuesday January 22 edition today. An edition you’ll note continues the 2018 lists its co-creator lays out for us!

That Artsy Reader Girl | January 22: Books I Meant to Read In 2018 but Didn’t Get To

Top Ten Tuesday January 22

So, here we go. While another fun topic (it’s rare that one of these isn’t so), it’s also a little bit depressing since I realized something when putting this list together. I will forever and always carry around a list of books-I-meant-to-read-in-[fill in the blank year]. But it’s the start of a new 365 days, and therefore more opportunity to read more amazing books.

At least this is what I tell myself.

Let’s have a look-see at said books on my shameful list of should-have-read-titles.

Top Ten Tuesday January 22: Books I Meant to Read In 2018 but Didn’t Get To

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: Alex Approximately and/or Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett | Jenn’s books have book on my bookish radar for a long time. Alas, despite all the good hype, I’ve yet to read anything by her! Must remedy this soon. ‘Alex’: Amazon | Goodreads ● ‘Starry’: Amazon | Goodreads

2: I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo | Last year I read Maurene’s The Way You Make Me Feel, and though it wasn’t exactly what I anticipated it being, it’s cute.  Certainly something that makes me want to read MORE by her. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday January 22

3: My Unexpected Hope by Tammy L. Gray | This is another one I feel as if I intended to read for a long time now. Will 2019 be the year I remedy this? Amazon | Goodreads

4: P.S., I Still Love You by Jenny Han | I actually did finally read this one this past month, but did fully intend to read this one in the latter half of 2018. Amazon | Goodreads

5: On Love’s Gentle Shores by Liz Johnson | Liz’s books are equal parts charm (the setting though!) and romantic, which is why it’s a puzzle to me as to why I’ve yet to read this third PEI book. Amazon | Goodreads

6: Save the Date by Morgan Matson | I really did want to read this one in 2018 because it sounds so fun. Alas, I didn’t. Spring 2019, here we come! Amazon | Goodreads

7: Murder at the Flamingo and/or The White Feather Murders by Rachel McMillan | Anytime Rachel releases a new mystery, you’re guaranteed a fun time. ‘Flamingo’: Amazon | Goodreads ● ‘Feather’: Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday January 22

8: When Dimple Met Rishi by Sendaya Menon | This has been on my must-read-yearly-TBR for more than just 2018. It remains there. Amazon | Goodreads

9: Montana Rescue Series (books 2-6) by Susan May Warren | I am sadly, so far back in my Susan May Warren list of titles. Five of them are from her Montana Recuse series! Amazon | Goodreads

10: Reclaiming Shilo Snow by Mary Weber | Since I did really enjoy ‘Sofi Snow,’ reading the second book of Mary’s sci-fi duo is a must. Amazon | Goodreads

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE

*video publishes Tuesday afternoon; channel linked above

Talking about books I meant to read last year (aka the problem we #bookworms have at the end of each year!) Ten Books I Really Wanted to Read Last Year | #TopTenTuesday Click To Tweet

Tell me, what books did you feature today? What books on your shelf did you 100% mean to read last year, but alas, didn’t? How do you deal with multiple-years-past unread books? Comment down below with all of your thoughts – and don’t forget to leave your blog or Top Ten Tuesday list link. I’d love to circle back to your bookish space.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Melanie January 21, 2019 at 11:02 pm

Great choices! My friend swears by Jenn Bennett!

• Greg January 21, 2019 at 11:17 pm

Same here with Jenn Bennett. I REALLY want to read Starry eyes especially, I’ve seen some rave reviews for it.

Murder at the Flamingo sounds really fun too. :)

• Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken January 21, 2019 at 11:23 pm

I see ‘When Dimple Met Rishi’ on so many lists. I may have to see what all the fuss is about. Happy Reading!

• Anne@Headfullofbooks January 21, 2019 at 11:46 pm

I have a Jenny Han book on my list, too. Let’s both read ours in 2019. My TTT Books I meant to read last year

• Rissi January 21, 2019 at 11:59 pm

YAY! And I agree. The more Jenny Han books I can read, the better my reading life is. 2019 is THE year to read them. :) Thanks for the visit, Anne.

• Chrissi Reads January 22, 2019 at 12:01 am

Some fabulous books on your list, Rissi. I wasn’t the biggest fan of Save The Date, but it was still a decent read.

• Lydia January 22, 2019 at 4:42 am

I’m hoping to read Save the Date this year, too.

This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

• Aoife Bennett January 22, 2019 at 5:42 am

Make sure you get on PS I Still Love You! I adore that trilogy! When Dimple Met Rishi is also so good!

Aoife | https://prettypurplepolkadots.wordpress.com/

• Rissi JC January 28, 2019 at 2:16 pm

I did get that one read in January, Aoife. I didn’t like it quite as well as book one, but I still love the characters, and CANNOT wait for the Netflix sequel. Glad to meet another Jenny Han fan. :)

Thanks so much for the visit.

• Kelly @ Wandering Through Books January 22, 2019 at 6:18 am

I’ve only read When Dimple Met Rishi off of your list. I think I put a hold on it at the library, before it was released, which is unusual for me with a contemporary… I didn’t wind up super crazy about it, but I think it’s very possible that that was more a “me” problem than a problem with the book, I’ve encountered a lot of people who really enjoyed it!

• Rissi JC January 28, 2019 at 10:26 pm

I know this feeling all too well, Kelly. I just read a book that has been SO hyped in recent months, and yeah, it just wasn’t a me book. Hoping to read this one in 2019, and discover what all the book buzz is about. :)

Thanks so much for the visit!

• Marti January 22, 2019 at 8:41 am

I really want to read Starry Eyes! Save The Date has also been on my TBR for a long time.
    Hope you enjoy all of them once you read them!

• Louise @ Foxes & Fairy Tales January 22, 2019 at 9:30 am

The titles of the Rachel McMillan books sound like such fun!
    My Top Ten Tuesday this week.

• Cholla January 22, 2019 at 9:58 am

I still haven’t managed to read When Dimple Met Rishi either, so don’t feel bad!

HTML: Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Ashley S. January 22, 2019 at 12:20 pm

You’ve got so many books on your list that I want to read too. Rachel McMillan’s sounds awesome and I really want to read more from Liz Johnson. Great list! :)

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense January 22, 2019 at 1:09 pm

When Dimple Met Rishi and I Believe in a Thing Called Love are both fantastic reads. I hope you get a chance to read both soon.

• Brooke Lorren January 22, 2019 at 4:11 pm

When Dimple Met Rishi looks cute, as well as Maureen Goo’s books. When I’ll get to them is another whole story… hope you read them soon!

• Amanda @ Literary Counsellor January 22, 2019 at 4:54 pm

I have ‘Murder at the Flamingo’ on my list too! I love Rachel! She’s such a great writer. :)

• Lauren @ Always Me January 23, 2019 at 11:28 am

I’m hoping to read Alex Approximately very soon. Thanks for sharing. :)

Check out my TTT and my ARC review of Enchantée by Gita Trelease

• Jessica at Booked J January 25, 2019 at 5:02 pm

Here’s to hoping you get to as many of these as possible–and that you enjoy them! I’m right there with you on Alex AND Starry/any books by Jenn in the future. I hear nothing but good things about her and at this point, I feel like it’s going to take me forever to get to them BUT, I will. Also, Maurene Goo! I love her books. AND Sendaya Menon!

• Rissi JC January 28, 2019 at 10:43 pm

Thanks, Jessica – that’s my reader hope also.

Hopefully we both enjoy Jenn Bennett’s contemporaries. I’m optimistic I’ll pick one up in the near future. :)

Thanks a bunch for the visit.

• Nicole @ Nicole's Novel Reads January 25, 2019 at 11:55 pm

When Dimple Met Rishi and I Believe in a Thing Called Love are such cute books! I am glad you were able to read P.S. I Still Love You. I hope you get to read the first two books sometime soon.

• Chanel Monroe February 2, 2019 at 11:04 am

Save the Date and My Hope Next Door (and its sequel) are books I’ve wanted to read last year. There are quite a few I didn’t get around to, like Always, Never, Yours by Emily Wibberley, The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas and Just Look Up/Just Let Go by Courtney Walsh. Happy reading!