10 Novels from My Go To Favorite Genre | Top Ten Tuesday

June 3, 2019 33 Comments

10 Novels from My Go To Favorite Genre | Top Ten Tuesday

June 3, 2019 33 Comments

Hey, fellow readers and friends. Today we get to talk about a subject I’m quite happy about: a favorite genre! That’s a topic I’ll never tire of. The official Top Ten Tuesday June 4 topic reads as follows:

That Artsy Reader Girl | June 4: Books From My Favorite Genre (You pick the genre, and give us your ten faves.)

Top Ten Tuesday June 4

I feel as if I talk about my favorites ALL THE TIME. Not that this is bad because, well, that’s in part what’s great about the bookworm community. (We all relate, right!!) Still, I decided to share ten books from my favorite genre (because I’m simple and love contemporary) that I have a: not yet read and b: own. The answer as to “why” is anyone’s guess. (Also, yes, there are a million and one others that could be on this list too.)

Here we go. Today Finding Wonderland presents Ten Novels from My Favorite Genre that I haven’t read.

Top Ten Tuesday June 4

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: A Billion Reasons Why by Kristin Billerbeck | I added this one because I was sure I hadn’t read it, but then, the other day, I looked at my copy and the spine IS creased, so… maybe I DID read it? I’m confused. Amazon | Goodreads

2: A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro | Why I haven’t read this one, I cannot explain. I own it and the sequel, and as a Sherlock adaptation fan, I should have already discovered this one. Amazon | Goodreads

3: The Inn at Ocean’s Edge by Colleen Coble | Like so many authors on this list, Colleen is an author I used to keep current with. Now, I’ve fallen behind and I haven’t read one of her books in far too long. Amazon | Goodreads

4: So Not Happening by Jenny B. Jones | Why I haven’t read these books, I cannot answer! I adore Jenny’s unique humor, and now that she’s re-released these in shiny new covers (which I’m buying as paperbacks appear), there’s no legit reason NOT to read them. Amazon | Goodreads

5: Diamonds are Forever by Michelle Madow | This series is far from a favorite, but I did read the first two books, so I’d like to finish the series (plus it is IN my favorite genre). Likely I have long since forgotten all the drama that goes on, but again… I have book three, so I do want to read it. Amazon | Goodreads

6: Sway by Amy Matayo | In addition to Amy’s just-released The Waves, this is another one I’ve yet to read. Amazon | Goodreads

7: Save the Date by Morgan Matson | I cannot believe I’ve yet to read another novel by Morgan Matson (read Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by her). This one has mixed reviews, but I still think it sounds fun! Amazon | Goodreads

All Time Favorite Books from the Last 10 Years | Top 10 Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday June 4

8: Austenland by Shannon Hale | Not sure I’d get through this since I’ve seen the film, but I 100% love this story (and movie!!), so I’d like to give it a chance to charm me. PLUS, it’s super short, so… there’s that. Amazon | Goodreads • You can rent or buy Austenland digitally on Amazon Video.

9: Reclaiming Nick by Susan May Warren | Just one of many by Susan I’ve yet to read. Amazon | Goodreads

10: Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West | Ah, Kasie West. A fitting way to end my list as I adore her novels. (Also, is anyone surprised I included one by her on the list?) Amazon | Goodreads

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE

*no video this week; channel linked above

Talking the books I'd *like* to read from my favorite genre! What's on your list? 10 Novels from My Go To, Ride or Die Favorite Genre | Top Ten Tuesday June 4 Click To Tweet

Turning it over to you; how did you spin this week’s topic? What genre is your favorite? Did you feature those you’ve read within a genre or those you want to? Comment all the thoughts down below! If you joined Top Ten Tuesday – or have a blog, please introduce yourself below. I’d be glad to visit your bookish spaces, too.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Greg June 3, 2019 at 11:44 pm

I like what I’ve read of Shannon Hale, and Austenland sounds like a lot of fun! And Listen To Your Heart looks like a great summer read. :)

• Rissi June 4, 2019 at 12:21 am

Austenland does indeed sound fun. I really (really) like the movie, so here’s hoping. :) Thanks so much for the visit, Greg.

• Chrissi Reads June 4, 2019 at 12:46 am

I had mixed feelings about Save The Date but on the whole it was enjoyable!

• Rissi JC June 4, 2019 at 12:00 pm

That’s what I hear, Chrissi; everywhere I look there’s mixed thoughts, but it looks fun, so I’m curious!! :) Appreciate you stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

• Brooke Lorren June 4, 2019 at 1:15 am

I have many books that I want to read and own yet haven’t read yet too. And there was another book sale I saw on Twitter Sunday so I bought six more books.

When I went to the Colorado Teen Literature Conference, I got a copy of Listen to Your Heart. Hopefully I’ll get to it this summer since it looks like a summer read.

Brooke Lorren recently posted: Fantasy Books (Top Ten Tuesday)
    • Rissi JC June 4, 2019 at 12:01 pm

At least we all relate, right!? I relate to all the books I own and have to read AND buying more books too. It’s a problem. ;)

Kasie’s books are always lovely, and I agree. It looks like an ideal summer read. Thanks for the visit, Brooke. :)

• Kirstie @ Upside-Down Books June 4, 2019 at 2:02 am

Ahh I so need/want to read A Study in Charlotte, too! It’s been low-key on my radar for what feels like forever. This week I did 10 fantasy novels you haven’t read yet (because oh my goodness I love fantasy and wowee are there so many out there that people haven’t heard of!) You can check it out here!

• Rissi JC June 4, 2019 at 11:49 am

Doesn’t it sound fun, Kirstie!? I’m curious about it especially since I adore the BBC adaptation (and CBS’) of Sherlock. There are indeed TONS of fantasy books. I should make the effort to give more a chance, but when I like a genre, I tend to go back to it. It’s a reader comfort thing I think. :) Thanks so much for the visit!!

• Sim @ Flipping Through the Pages June 4, 2019 at 3:02 am

My favourite genre is contemporary too 😃 I have shared some YA contemporaries this week.
    I want to read Save the Date too. Hopefully soon ☺️

Sim @ Flipping Through the Pages recently posted: My 10 Favourite YA Contemporary Books
    • Rissi JC June 4, 2019 at 12:02 pm

*high five* Glad to meet a fellow contemporary fiction reader. :) Hope we BOTH enjoy Save the Date, Sim.Thanks for stopping by.

• Carmen June 4, 2019 at 4:42 am

Contemporary used to be my favourite genre, but over the years I fell out of love with it. I have quite a few contemporaries on my summer TBR, so hopefully, I`ll love this genre again.

Carmen recently posted: TTT: My Favourite Fantasy Books
    • Rissi JC June 4, 2019 at 12:05 pm

Nothing wrong with this, Carmen. Hope you do enjoy the contemporary reads on your TBR. :) Thanks for visiting.

• Jess @ Jessticulates June 4, 2019 at 5:33 am

Great list! I haven’t read any Morgan Matson, but her books always sound like the perfect summer reads. I need to check her out!

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday | My favourite fantasy novels
    • Rissi JC June 4, 2019 at 12:06 pm

Right?! I agree, Jess. Morgan’s books always have that “summer vibe.” Appreciate you making Finding Wonderland one of your Top Ten Tuesday stops. :)

• Lydia June 4, 2019 at 6:05 am

Yeah, I’ve heard good things about Save the Date. Hope you like it if you read it.

My TTT.

• Rissi JC June 4, 2019 at 12:19 pm

Thanks, Lydia. Me too. Appreciate your visit. :)

• Brittaney B June 4, 2019 at 9:46 am

Sway is the book that made me an Amy Matayo fan and its’ still my favorite of her titles. Same with Jenny B Jones series. I loved her feisty heroine and her snarky interaction with her editor/crush. Sooo good. I haven’t read Colleen Coble’s newer series, but I am absolutely loving her covers. They have been so gorgeous!

• Rissi JC June 4, 2019 at 12:26 pm

Really? That’s awesome. I’ve liked all of the books by Amy that I’ve read although they always take me on such an emotional roller coaster! Cannot wait to meet Jenny’s feisty Bella. Love these new covers, too. :)

Thanks, as always, for the visit, Brittaney. Always enjoy chatting with you.

• Cholla June 4, 2019 at 9:46 am

I like your take on this today. I also have A Study in Charlotte and haven’t read it yet. And I love anything Holmes-related so why I haven’t read it is a mystery (haha).

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Rissi JC June 4, 2019 at 12:35 pm

SAME. I really like the ‘Sherlock’ varaitations or those I’ve seen I do. Here’s hoping we both read and enjoy this one soon!! :) Appreciate your visit.

• Alison @ Story-eyed Reviews June 4, 2019 at 10:09 am

I want to read so many of these!! Austenland has been on my TBR for forever, this just makes me want to finally get around to reading it. Thanks for the great list!

My TTT: https://storyeyed.blog/2019/06/04/top-10-tuesday/

• Rissi JC June 4, 2019 at 12:36 pm

Thank you for visiting, Alison. :) Hope we both read and enjoy Austenland. It’s quite short, so I feel like I should be able to get through it with haste. :D

• Tracy @ Cornerfolds June 4, 2019 at 10:11 am

I haven’t read any of these, but I’ve heard wonderful things about Save the Date! I hope you get to read some of them soon!

Tracy @ Cornerfolds recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #241: Favorite YA fantasy
    • Rissi JC June 4, 2019 at 12:36 pm

Save the Date sounds like SO much fun. I’ve seen mixed thoughts, but I’m still curious so it remains on my must-read TBR. :) Thanks for the visit, Tracy.

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense June 4, 2019 at 10:32 am

Listen to Your Heart was so sweet. It is definitely amongst my top Kasie West novels. Great list!

• Rissi JC June 4, 2019 at 12:47 pm

I’m SO glad to know this, Alicia!! Kasie’s novels are always so fun. Hopefully I’m prioritize it this summer. :) Thanks for the visit, Alicia, as always.

• Leelynn @ Sometimes Leelynn Reads June 4, 2019 at 10:37 am

I love the “disorder” of your post actually! It kept me guessing and I have to read your initial post to see what it’s about but I love it! Also, I just couldn’t get into Listen to your Heart for some reason. I did get some ways into it, but I stopped listening to it so I don’t even remember anymore. However, I definitely need to read A Study in Charlotte, and even more so now that you mentioned it as well. Awesome post! I love it!

Leelynn @ Sometimes Leelynn Reads recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Books From My Favorite Genre
    • Rissi JC June 4, 2019 at 12:52 pm

Nothing wrong with not caring for a novel, Leelynn. I’ve loved what I’ve read by Kasie, so I’m hopeful this book will be equally as entertaining. Hope we both enjoy ‘Charlotte.’ It sounds so fun!! Thanks for the visit.

• Beth Erin June 4, 2019 at 10:45 am

I’m glad I’m not the only one with shelves of books I’d LOVE to read. Let’s not even talk about all those ebooks on the Kindle. Have we reached the point of “impossible to run out of good books to read” yet?! Hmmm… I’m sure I’ll never find out, lol! My TTT features ten authors of my favorite genre and setting.

• Rissi JC June 4, 2019 at 12:56 pm

You most certainly ARE not, Beth Erin. I have WAY too many unread books on my shelf. Makes me realize I need to stop buying NEW books every month, and skip a month here or there in order to “keep up.” Or try to. ;) No, I don’t think we’re reached that phase at all. It’s both a good and bad thing. ;) Thanks for the visit!!

• Steph@paigesofbooks June 4, 2019 at 12:19 pm

Nice take on the theme! I want to read A Study In Charlotte, Save the Date, and Austenland as well.

• Heidi Robbins June 4, 2019 at 12:19 pm

I have so many books on my shelf I need to get to! My too-long Netgalley shelf is constantly taunting me though, so I tend to put non-review books on the backburner.

• Chanel Monroe June 4, 2019 at 9:19 pm

So many books from your list are on my TBR as well. I would love to read So Not Happening, The Inn at Ocean’s Edge and Save the Date this summer…if possible.