All Time Favorite Books from the Last 10 Years | Top 10 Tuesday

May 27, 2019 27 Comments

All Time Favorite Books from the Last 10 Years | Top 10 Tuesday

May 27, 2019 27 Comments

After a week off from the famous book meme, which is unusual for Finding Wonderland, we’re back! It’s Tuesday again, so of course there’s another Top Ten Tuesday May 28 edition of the always fun meme:

That Artsy Reader Girl | May 28: Favorite Books Released In the Last Ten Years (one book for each year) (submitted by Anne @ Head Full of Books)

All Time Favorite Books from the Last 10 Years | Top 10 Tuesday May 28. Talking about favorite reads from the last TEN years! What makes your list? Text © Rissi JC

This topic is not only fun, but also REALLY interesting to put together. First off, because my Goodreads game isn’t up to par, it was difficult for me to figure out what books I read in what year. But I do have “best of” posts dating back to 2012, which does help. What makes things more interesting is looking back and seeing there are some books I probably wouldn’t mark as favorites from their respective year. Still, I don’t feel guilt over anything because at the time, these books were some of my very favorites.

One way I am breaking the rules is by featuring books from the first three years (2009, 2010, 2011) that I haven’t read. Why is this? Well, I think 2012 is the year I really became interested (again) in reading, and even though I probably read in these years, I don’t remember what I read. So, the first two books (from ’09, ’10, ’11) are novels published that I still want to read and am prepared to love.

Let’s have a look.

Top Ten Tuesday May 28

*titles listed from old to new, 2010 – 2019

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: Just Between You and Me (2009) by Jenny B. Jones | Yes there are still novels by Jenny I have yet to read. No I’m not proud about this. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday May 28

2: A Distant Melody and A Memory Between Us (2010), authored by Sarah Sundin | Sarah’s novels never cease to take me on a journey I never want to return from. Odd since her stories are set in a very turbulent time in history. Still, the truth is the truth. ‘Melody’ Amazon | Goodreads • ‘Memory’ Amazon | Goodreads

3: Digitalis (2011) by Ronie Kendig | Ronie’s novels are always amazing stories of courage and heroism, and the homage paid to the military is wonderful. Amazon | Goodreads

4: Submerged (2012) by Dani Pettrey | The novel that reminded me how much I do love a good contemporary romance/suspense novel. Oh, and this is still one of the best I’ve read all these years later. Amazon | Goodreads

BLOG POST | BEST OF 2012

5: Dear Mr. Knightley (2013) by Katherine Reay | A beautiful story that despite its title, is not a re-telling of Emma. (Although it is influenced by Jane Austen.) Amazon | Goodreads

6: Meant to be Mine (2014) by Becky Wade | This year was tough because I read a bunch by Susan May Warren and Hillary Manton Lodge, but it’s THIS novel I keep coming back to, and remembering fondly. Plus, its hero, yeah, he’s pretty cool. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday May 28

7: Falcon (2015) by Ronie Kendig | Another by Ronie, only this time I actually did read this one! Don’t remember specifics, but I know I liked it, plus, all the military heroes! Amazon | Goodreads

8: The Lady and the Lionheart (2016) by Joanne Bischof | A beautiful historical novel with reflections of Beauty and the Beast, and so much more! Amazon | Goodreads

9: TIE! The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck (2017) by Bethany Turner and True to You (2017) by Becky Wade | This one was impossible to choose from. I adored ‘Sarah Hollenbeck’ as a proper romantic-comedy that is perfection. Makes me all the more excited for her follow up. True to You is a charmer unlike any other, plus its heroine is BOOKISH! ‘Sarah’ Amazon | Goodreads • True to You Amazon | Goodreads

10: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (read in 2018) by Mary Ann Schaffer | Didn’t read this beautiful until 2018, but my oh my! It’s a keeper. Amazon | Goodreads

BLOG POST | BEST READS OF 2018

Bonus! 2019 | It’s still really way to early to determine a favorite of this year, but of course, there will be a favorites list at the end of this year. (Which is approaching WAY too fast.) Until then I cannot wait to read Becky Wade’s Sweet on You, and though it’s a new-to-me author, The Bookish Life of Nina Hill sounds fun!

Talking through ten years worth of reads. Sort of. Really, we're talking 10 *favorite* #reads from the past TEN years! What would make your list? All Time Favorite Books from the Last 10 Years | Top 10 Tuesday May 28 Click To Tweet

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE

*no video this week; channel linked above

Turning it over to you; what makes your ‘ten year’ favorites list? (I want to know about your favorites!) Have you been actively reading for ten (or more) years? Or do you go through some serious no-reading phases? Comment down below with all of your thoughts! If you joined Top Ten Tuesday – or have a blog, please introduce yourself below. I’d be glad to visit your bookish spaces, too.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Lauren @ Always Me May 27, 2019 at 11:23 pm

I haven’t read any of these – yet. I have some catching up to do! :)

• Rissi JC June 3, 2019 at 12:49 pm

I’m in the same boat, Lauren. It’s a problem. ;) Thanks for visiting!

• Greg May 28, 2019 at 12:01 am

Guernsey has caught my eye a few times at the bookstore, and with it being adapted now on Netflix I’m extra curious.

• Rissi JC June 3, 2019 at 12:56 pm

It’s really good, Greg. Let me know if you decide to read it. :) Thanks for the visit!

• Genesis @ Whispering Chapters May 28, 2019 at 5:35 am

I remember wanting to read Dear Mr Knightley! I hadn’t heard of the Guernsey novel until Netflix aired the movie!

• Rissi JC June 3, 2019 at 12:57 pm

I’d seen ‘Guersney’ around a LOT prior to the film, but it was Netflix’s adaptation that “made” me finally read the book. I’m glad I did. DMK is a delight from beginning to end. Let me know what you think if you read it. Thanks for the vsisit!! :)

• Brittaney B May 28, 2019 at 10:53 am

So many great choices, Rissi! The Lady and the Lionheart is always a winner in my book. I also love Jenny B. Jones stories and just finished re-reading Can’t Let You Go…yesterday. I’m really looking forward to reading Bethany’s and Becky’s new releases but always like re-visiting their older titles.

• Rissi JC June 3, 2019 at 1:14 pm

SAME! Loved Joanne’s beautiful fairy tale. I really need to read some of Jenny’s older books. Bought book one in her recently re-designed series, so hopefully that will be inspiring. I’d love to revisit some of Becky’s older titles. Hopefully someday I’ll sit down and actually do this!! Thanks for the visit, as always, Brittaney. :)

• Lydia May 28, 2019 at 12:16 pm

I think you did a wonderful job with your list. This week’s topic did take some thinking!

My TTT.

• Rissi JC June 3, 2019 at 1:15 pm

Thank you, Lydia. Glad you visited. :)

• Brooke Lorren May 28, 2019 at 1:03 pm

One of these days I hope to read a Becky Wade book. I’m like you in that in some of the earlier years I have fewer books to choose from.

Brooke Lorren recently posted: Favorite Books From the Last Ten Years
    • Rissi JC June 3, 2019 at 1:16 pm

I just didn’t keep track in earlier years, so it’s tough to remember what I was reading “way back then.” ;) Hope you enjoy Becky’s novels, Brooke. They’re always lovely. Appreciate your visit! :)

• Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog May 28, 2019 at 1:27 pm

Oh The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society was such a lovely book! Great list!

• Rissi JC June 3, 2019 at 1:17 pm

It is! So heartwarming. :) Thanks for the visit, Grace.

• Jess @ Jessticulates May 28, 2019 at 1:29 pm

Wow, I haven’t heard of most of these – I’ll have to check them out! Great list!

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday | Ten years of amazing books!
    • Rissi JC June 3, 2019 at 1:27 pm

Always find to find some potential new reads. Hope you find something to enjoy, Jess – and thanks for visiting! :)

• Beckie B. May 28, 2019 at 2:38 pm

Great list as always, Rissi! A Distant Melody made my best of list the year it released. I missed book 2 of that series, though. The only Sundin book I have not read. Must remedy that.

• Rissi JC June 3, 2019 at 1:28 pm

I have lots by Sarah I’ve yet to read (falling behind with my inspirational reads like Sarah Sundin, Elizabeth Camden and likely more!), but those I’ve read are WONDERFUL. Makes me excited to know I have more to enjoy by her. :) Thanks so much for the visit, Beckie.

• Anne@Headfullofbooks May 28, 2019 at 2:52 pm

Must read DEAR MR. KNIGHTLY I wonder how close it is to the original. My 10 years of favorites

• Rissi JC June 3, 2019 at 1:29 pm

Dear Mr. Knighley isn’t a re-telling of Austen’s story (which I love), but it is heavily influenced by her book. If you read it, Anne, let me know what you think. It’s SO good. :) Appreciate the visit.

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense May 28, 2019 at 3:54 pm

Still eyeing Dear Mr. Knightly, even if it’s only inspired by Emma.

• Rissi JC June 3, 2019 at 1:30 pm

It’s SO good, Alicia. Let me know what you think if you read it. :) Appreciate you stopping by, as always.

• Tressa @ Wishful Endings May 28, 2019 at 6:37 pm

So, so many of these are my favorites too. Great picks!

• Rissi JC June 3, 2019 at 3:34 pm

Thanks, Tressa; gotta’ love sharing all the favorites!! Appreciate you stopping by – always good to chat. Hope you’re doing well. :)

• Raya@Rayasreads May 28, 2019 at 11:36 pm

I haven’t actually read any of the books but they sound like my type of reads! :)

• Rissi JC June 3, 2019 at 3:44 pm

Hope if you do, you discover some new reads to enjoy!! :) Thanks for the visit, Raya.

• […] All Time Favorite Books from the Last 10 Years | Top 10 Tuesday […]