Top Ten Tuesday July 16

5 of the Auto-Buy Authors I Hope to Enjoy! | Top Ten Tuesday

July 15, 2019 34 Comments

Hello, there; happy new week and almost-Tuesday. Top Ten Tuesday July 16 is all about author love. (Which I am all about.)

That Artsy Reader Girl | July 16: Auto-Buy Authors

Top Ten Tuesday July 16

Sure bloggers, reviewers or (booktube) influencers may have an impact on readers and introducing them to new reads. However, it’s authors who deserve all the kudos. Without their creative imaginations, we wouldn’t have what we love and know as stories

Without them, we couldn’t step through a mysterious door into an icy world of wonderment; or we wouldn’t have the chance to hold a saber and fight off creatures trying to invade a kingdom. For some of us, maybe we wouldn’t be able to “see” Italy while travelling with a best friend, or we might not experience the adventures of four best friends as they prepare to spend their first summer apart.

I definitely have an auto-buy (must-buy-forever-and-always) list of authors, but since I will be sharing some of them in a video later (next month??), I thought instead I’d do something a tiny bit different. Today I’m sharing a list of five authors I haven’t read or have only read one book by, but own multiple books by. (Not sure this is wise when it comes to the wallet, but it’s fun.)

HERE WE GO!

5 Auto-Buy Authors | Top Ten Tuesday July 16

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: Ally Carter | I collected so many of Ally’s Gallagher Girls books (undoubtedly her more popular) before reading anything by her. I finally read All Fall Down. It’s tons of fun, so I’m curious to read more by her. On Goodreads

2: Kiera Cass | These books are my “guilty pleasure” reads. Unbelievably, I’ve only read books one and two – and maybe a novella or two…?? *draws a blank* Either way, I’m still hyped to read more of these and cannot wait to read whatever the mysterious upcoming novel by this author might be. On Goodreads

On Amazon: 5-book ‘Selection’ SeriesThe Selection (book one) | The Elite (book two) | The One (book three) | The Heir (book four) | The Crown (book five) | Happily Ever After (novella collection)

3: Irene Hannon | Once, I used to auto-buy all of Irene’s books. I still own many, have read a few, and am now very far behind on reading her more current publications. One I have read is Vanished. On Goodreads

4: Morgan Matson | I’ve only ever read ‘Amy & Roger’ by Morgan, but own all of (or most of) her releases. Started buying them prior to reading anything by her, and since they a: seemed liked my kind of reads, and b: were always hyped, I caved. Do you have a favorite by Morgan? I’m thinking I’ll read Second Chance Summer or Save the Date next on my Morgan Matson list. On Goodreads

BOOK REVIEW | The Selection by Kiera Cass – A Romantic YA Dystopian

5: Beth K. Vogt | Why I haven’t read more by her, I don’t know! One I read was excellent, while another wasn’t my favorite (though not because it’s not well written), and I feel like Crazy Little Thing Called Love would be so much fun. On Goodreads

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE

*no video ‘Top Ten Tuesday’ video this week; channel linked above

Talking about a *few* of the #authors I 'auto buy' and plan (??) to like! 5 of the Auto-Buy Authors I Hope to Enjoy! | Top Ten Tuesday Click To Tweet

Comment all the thoughts down below! Who is on your auto-buy list? Why are they; do they consistently surprise you or are their novels constant favorites? Is your auto-buy list “hype” induced? If you joined Top Ten Tuesday – or have a blog, please introduce yourself below. I’d be glad to visit your bookish spaces, too.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Greg July 15, 2019 at 11:18 PM

I have a few authors like that, where I’ve only read one or two of their books but I have more of their books on the shelf (or on the Kindle)!

Morgan Matson’s stuff always looks fun. :)

• Rissi JC July 15, 2019 at 11:27 PM

It’s a bookworm problem, right!? :) I’m hopeful I’ll read more of Morgan’s this year. Thanks so much for the visit, Greg. :)

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks July 16, 2019 at 12:13 AM

I love Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour, her Second Summer book, not so much. My TTT list

• Rissi JC July 16, 2019 at 7:53 PM

I’m a bit skeptical about “Second Chance Summer” just because its premise seems to promise a sad story. But I have heard it’s good… so here’s hoping! Thanks for the visit, Anne. :)

• Chrissi Reads July 16, 2019 at 12:15 AM

Ah yes, Morgan Matson is such a great writer. Wonderful list! :-)

• Rissi JC July 16, 2019 at 7:55 PM

I hope to enjoy more of her novels… soon! Thanks for the visit, Chrissi.

• Brooke Lorren July 16, 2019 at 1:42 AM

I haven’t read any of the books on your list yet, BUT I have authors like that. I own 2 or 3 VE Schwab books (haven’t read her stories yet) as well as one or two books by Kiersten White, and I’ve only read a short story by her so far.

Brooke Lorren recently posted: This Is How You Lose the Time War
    • Rissi JC July 16, 2019 at 7:56 PM

*high five* SO glad I’m not alone, Brooke. Sometimes I recognize my strange bookworm habits and wonder, “does anything else do this!?” :) Thanks for visiting!!

• Jess @ Jessticulates July 16, 2019 at 6:02 AM

Great list! I keep meaning to try Morgan Matson’s work, her books always look like so much fun. =)

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday | Auto-buy authors
    • Rissi JC July 16, 2019 at 7:58 PM

I agree! Here’s hoping we both enjoy the books we pick up from Morgan. :) Thanks for the visit, Jess.

• Genesis @ Whispering Chapters July 16, 2019 at 7:28 AM

I used to read Ally Carter a lot! I love her Gallagher Girls series!! I need to read Morgan Mason’s books for sure.

Genesis @ Whispering Chapters recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Auto-Buy Authors
    • Rissi JC July 16, 2019 at 7:59 PM

YAY! Glad to know you liked the GG series. I feel like I’d still enjoy them even though they’re now considered “old” releases – and probably not as “grown up” as YA tends to be now. :) Thanks for your visit!

• Candyce @ The Book Dutchesses July 16, 2019 at 8:09 AM

Morgan Matson is a lot of fun! I have only read one of her books so far, but I really enjoyed it. Ally Carter is also an author I need to give a try. Her books seem to be something I would love. And just like you I’ve only read the first two of The Selection series. I really need to continue.

Here is my TTT: https://thebookdutchesses.com/2019/07/16/ttt-88-auto-buy-authors-part-2/

Candyce @ The Book Dutchesses recently posted: TTT #88 | Auto-buy Authors Part 2
    • Rissi JC July 16, 2019 at 8:02 PM

Hope we both enjoy some of Ally’s novels (and the rest of the ‘Selection’ stories too!), and yay for Morgan Matson! I’m so glad to know you liked what you read by her. Appreciate you stepping by, Candyce. Thanks! :)

• Leelynn @ Sometimes Leelynn Reads July 16, 2019 at 8:29 AM

I absolutely love Kiera Cass! The Selection series was good! Although I think it was great as a trilogy. I didn’t read the novellas or the final book, but I bought them all lol. The Siren was my favorite from her. Great list!

Leelynn @ Sometimes Leelynn Reads recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Auto-Buy Authors
    • Rissi JC July 16, 2019 at 8:07 PM

SAME! Her books have been so entertaining for my reading preferences. I’m hoping her next novel comes out in 2020. Goodreads has been teasing us for WAY too long. :) Thanks so much for visiting, Leelynn.

• Melanie Parker July 16, 2019 at 8:41 AM

Not a huge Cass fan, not sure why. I have tried her stuff but she just doesn’t work for me. I would like to try Morgan at some point though! Hers look adorable!

• Rissi JC July 22, 2019 at 9:59 PM

Nothing wrong with this, Melanie. :) Hope we BOTH enjoy Morgan’s if and when we read them. Thanks for the visit.

• Poinsettia July 16, 2019 at 11:24 AM

I haven’t read any of these, but I think Ally Carter’s work sounds fun! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

• Rissi JC July 22, 2019 at 10:17 PM

I agree; her books do sound fun. :) Thanks for the visit.

• Brittaney B July 16, 2019 at 11:30 AM

Same on Morgan Matson.

• Rissi JC July 22, 2019 at 9:58 PM

Whew! Good to know I’m not alone. :) Thanks, Brittaney.

• Lydia July 16, 2019 at 12:06 PM

You did a great job with your list this week. It was nice to see someone else who only picked a few authors. :)

My TTT.

• Rissi JC July 22, 2019 at 9:56 PM

Thanks, Lydia! I thought it was better to limit the number since I’m going to be doing a video of my all-time “ride or die” auto buy authors soon. :) Appreciate your visit.

• RS July 16, 2019 at 4:37 PM

Oh boy, let this stranger babble about Matson at you, since she also made my list: I think Amy & Roger is still my favorite, but Since You’ve Been Gone would have been my favorite if I were more okay with the idea of people getting out of their comfort zone. I think that one has the strongest characters and a pretty cool plot. The Unexpected Everything has fantastic dog focus, plus some excerpts from a character’s fantasy novel, if you like that genre. And Second Chance Summer was the 2nd one I read, so I can vouch for it being a good choice at this stage. Though it definitely made me cry a lot.

(I would advise on the newest but haven’t read it yet)

RS recently posted: Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors
    • Rissi JC July 22, 2019 at 9:58 PM

Please do babble on! I’m all about good bookworm conversation here. :)

I remember liking ‘Amy and Roger,’ which is odd since I’m not the biggest road trip book fan. But it’s cute as I remember. So glad to read all of your thoughts on Morgan’s books. ‘Unexpected’ does look fun, and I think lots of people mention “Since You’ve Been Gone” as one of her strongest. :) Glad you stopped in!

• Lauren @ Always Me July 16, 2019 at 9:22 PM

I’ve liked what I’ve read of Carter so far. Great list! :)

• Rissi JC July 22, 2019 at 9:53 PM

Fabulous! I’m excited to read more by her for sure. :) Thanks for visiting, Lauren.

• Tracy @ Cornerfolds July 16, 2019 at 9:27 PM

I LOVE the first three books of The Selection but honestly hated the last three. I hope you love them all though!

Tracy @ Cornerfolds recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #246: Auto-buy authors
    • Rissi JC July 22, 2019 at 9:54 PM

Bummer! That’s always a disappointment for a read. Thanks – I hope so too. :) Appreciate your visit, Tracy.

• Kyra Morris July 17, 2019 at 4:46 AM

I’ve read a couple of Ally Carter books and really enjoyed them!

My TTT post!

• Rissi JC July 22, 2019 at 9:54 PM

SO GLAD, Kyra. They sure do sound fun. :) Glad you stopped in.

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads July 19, 2019 at 3:27 PM

I love Morgan Matson! I think Since You’ve Been Gone is my favorite by her so far, but I still need to read Second Chance Summer :)

• Rissi JC July 22, 2019 at 9:54 PM

Great to know this, Lindsey. Thanks for the recommendation. :) As always, glad to chat with you.