BECAUSE IT’S FUN. LET’S TALK FAVORITE FICTIONAL CRUSHES. SORT OF. Sharing some TV crushes or characters who I find really complex and interesting. © Rissi JC

BECAUSE IT’S FUN. LET’S TALK FAVORITE FICTIONAL CRUSHES. SORT OF.

August 30, 2021 26 Comments

So, here’s a question for you (hopefully one to put a smile on your face!), who are some of your favorite fictional crushes? Come on, you know you have one… or two! We all do, right? Since I love to have fun around here, I’m going to write about a few of mine. However as I sit here, late at night (like always), drinking chamomile tea and doing this website prep work (because why do it early in the day where ones brain presumable functions best), I’m in a conundrum.

LIST | THE ROMANCE OF EDDIE AND JAMIE FROM BLUE BLOODS (OTP FAVORITES!)
BECAUSE IT’S FUN. LET’S TALK FAVORITE FICTIONAL CRUSHES. SORT OF. #FICTIONALCRUSH #TVSHOWS #GOODTV #FAVORITECHARACTERS #BLUEBLOODS Click To Tweet

You see, I’m trying to decide something. Do I talk about bookish fictional crushes? Or do I go the easier route and talk about film or TV favorite crushes? This is a dilemma I’m not sure I’m exactly sure to answer. Typically I like to give myself more lead-in time to prepare if it’s not books but then on the other side of this I feel like I need to “collect” more book titles to have a good list and since I’m not really reading as much now, well, that’s a problem! SO. Guess we’ll go with TV and film? And to be honest, I can probably go with a “part 2” later where I will give myself more prep time. Let’s jump in.

FAVORITE FICTIONAL* CRUSHES

*Yes, I know fictional is mostly associated with fiction (novels)

These aren’t all “crushes” necessarily so much as dudes I find really interesting characters. But, yeah, let’s be real. Some are also crushes.

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: CHUCK BARTOWSKI from CHUCK

I mean… he’s just cute, right? Find digitally on Amazon Video

2: BILLY CRAWFORD from BURDEN OF TRUTH
OTP FAVORITES: 3 OF THE BEST JOANNA & BILLY MOMENTS FROM ‘BURDEN OF TRUTH.’ Spotlight of a Burden of Truth OTP favorite Joanna and Billy. © Rissi JC

Though he fights daemons of his own (which we don’t learn until later – and wow! It’s a lot) and has MANY thanks to a family who didn’t care about Billy or his siblings, I love the way Billy fierce loves and tries to truly be there for Joanna. Find the DVD set on Amazon

3: THE “BRAVE” UNIT from THE BRAVE

As a team or unit dynamic, I found all of these characters interesting. Sure I liked some better than others, but I was curious and excited to learn more about them only to be disappointed we didn’t get a second season. But I will confess, I did really like team leader Adam Dalton. I’m feeling as though, so far, I’ve already featured everyone on this list in similar lists. *shrugs* when they’re favorite characters, guys, I am loyal! What more can I say. Find digitally on Amazon Video

4: PATRICK JANE from THE MENTALIST

I feel as though this one will be controversial. I have this feeling basically no one likes Patrick…? I don’t know. However I just got done re-watching this show (because it’s just good and no one makes TV shows like this anymore) and I really like his character. Does he disguise himself in charlatan ways? Sure. Do I think he’s always as right as he acts? Nope. But I also don’t think he’s always wrong. He has keen observations and sometimes I think we need to hear that hard truth even if it hurts. Let’s be real, I also adore Agent Kimball Cho, too! Find digitally on Amazon Video

5: MIKE MCGUIRE from WHITSTABLE PEARL

I find this character super interesting. I love that he has a past which is why he’s broken, but also am respecting and enjoying the interesting he has in Pearl. Additionally, I love that somehow even with his broken heart, it’s like he’s pursuing her rather than the opposite. I cannot explain this well but it’s just this subtle and nuanced story that I’m hoping gest a second season. If not, then the story for him (again) ends with heartbreak. Find digitally on Amazon Video

6: DANNY MCNAMARA from BLOOD AND TREASURE

I have to be honest, I really like Danny. He’s not exactly what my impression of him is, and better yet, I LOVE that the first season put him on equal footing with his ex. I think that’s WAY better and should be the norm rather than the exception as so many TV shows or stories do today. Find digitally on Amazon Video

7: JAMIE REAGEN from BLUE BLOODS

Love this character and have found it really interesting to watch his growth from start to where we’re at now. Find digitally on Amazon Video

8: BILL WONG from AGATHA RAISIN

Pretty sure I’ve added him (and Chuck and Danny, too?) to a previous fictional crush list, but what I say! I really like the dude. He’s one of those boy-next-door kind of personalities that’s impossible not to like. Find digitally on Amazon Video

What about you? Who would make your favorite fiction crushes list? Who DID make your list? Do you have a bunch of favorites or just a select few? Let’s chat about them all! Comment all the thoughts below.

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you for visiting! Please, do come back soon.

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl August 30: Favorite Fictional Crushes

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks August 30, 2021 at 11:20 pm

I confess I haven’t seen any of these shows. But the photos make the men look crushable. My list of crushworthy Austen men

• Rissi JC September 6, 2021 at 10:33 pm

I used the right photos, then. ;) Thanks for the visit, Anne.

• Greg August 31, 2021 at 3:30 am

Oh dear haha I don’t know any of these, but Agatha Raisin I at least know as a mystery show! Several of these look fun though. :)

• Rissi JC September 6, 2021 at 10:35 pm

YAY! Hope if you ever see any of the shows you enjoy them, Greg. And thanks for visiting. :)

• Lydia August 31, 2021 at 6:16 am

It’s awesome that you picked the Brave unit!

• Rissi JC September 6, 2021 at 10:37 pm

LOVE that unit! I liked some characters more than others, but as a unit, they are awesome! Definitely characters I wish we’d gotten to know better. :)

• Angela August 31, 2021 at 6:22 am

I loved Patrick Jane! I could never tell when he was being serious or just leading the team on, but he was great.

• Rissi JC September 6, 2021 at 10:40 pm

I do too; and I think Patrick was definitely 100% different in the final season. He’d gotten his version of “peace” and so he isn’t as questionable in his motives. I’ll confess while it was nice to see him be at peace, I did miss that mischievous side of him. :) Thanks so much for visiting, Angela!

• Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! August 31, 2021 at 6:41 am

I don’t think I have met any of your crushes, but the team from Brave looks interesting.

When you get the chance, I hope you can stop by my post and check it out: https://readbakecreate.com/characters-i-would-love-to-have-a-drink-with/

• Rissi JC September 6, 2021 at 10:46 pm

I really liked “The Brave.” Sadly it only had a one season short-episode run. But it was still worth the watch. :) Thanks for visiting, Pam.

• Dini @ dinipandareads August 31, 2021 at 8:54 am

Yas, Patrick Jane ? That’s a face I haven’t seen in a while… Great picks!

• Rissi JC September 6, 2021 at 10:48 pm

I loved “The Mentalist,” and specifically Patrick! I feel like lots of viewers may not have liked him, so I’m glad to read some of you did; and I can confirm I still love him as I just finished a re-watch of the show. :) Thanks for the visit, Dini, as always.

• Lauren @ Always Me August 31, 2021 at 12:35 pm

I miss The Mentalist – that was such a good show. :)

• Rissi JC September 6, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Goodness, so do I! I really don’t think they make shows like this anymore. It had this unique ability to feel “small” with its cozy squad room and the places they travel but still be an interesting mystery PLUS some humor. They just don’t make them like that now. Thanks for visiting, Lauren!

• Melanie August 31, 2021 at 1:34 pm

Patrick Jane is also a favorite of mine. Loved that show. ?

• Rissi JC September 6, 2021 at 10:54 pm

YAY! I’m glad to know I’m not alone in liking him; as I re-watched the show, I thought so many wouldn’t have liked him. I do, but I get why some might not. :) Glad to have you visit, Melanie!! Thanks.

• Andie @ Books, Coffee & Passion August 31, 2021 at 4:49 pm

Patrick Jane and Danny McNamara! ? ? ?

Andie @ Books, Coffee & Passion recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Popular Romance Books or Series that I Didn’t Read Yet
    • Rissi JC September 6, 2021 at 10:56 pm

YAY! Another Patrick Jane fan, and yes! I quite like Danny, too. ;) Appreciate you stopping by, Andie. Thanks!

• Cindy Davis August 31, 2021 at 5:28 pm

I don’t really do fictional crushes so I tweaked the topic again this week.

Cindy Davis recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday-Summer Goals updated
    • Rissi JC September 6, 2021 at 10:57 pm

Always love a fun tweak on the topic. :) Thanks for the visit, Cindy.

• Jo August 31, 2021 at 5:31 pm

Ooh I should have thought of this as a twist on this week’s topic, good shout! I also diverged from this week’s topic, but went in a completely unrelated direction.

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #331
    • Rissi JC September 6, 2021 at 10:59 pm

Always love a fun topic twist; thanks so much for making time to visit here, Jo, I really appreciate it. :)

• bn100 September 1, 2021 at 10:45 pm

fun list

• […] LIST | BECAUSE IT’S FUN. LET’S TALK FAVORITE FICTIONAL CRUSHES. SORT OF. […]