Waiting on Wednesday: Edition Thirty-Two

October 8, 2019 10 Comments

Hello, happy readers! Welcome, and thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland. Time to join another WOW or CWW meme because, well, the news of my feature today was too exciting not to feature somewhere!

It’s Wednesday which means there’s another fun meme that bloggers enjoy taking part in. Today’s feature is all about the books we’re “Waiting On” with Can’t Wait Wednesday; a meme Finding Wonderland occasionally takes part in.

Organized by the lovely Tressa of Wishful Endings, here’s another edition of Can’t Wait Wednesday. Can’t-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we’re excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they’re books that have yet to be released as well. It’s based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. (Find out more here.)

Waiting on Wednesday: Edition Thirty-Two

Last time we joined a WOW / CWW meme, I went back to my reader roots with a contemporary. This week, I follow in those footsteps (sort of) with another royal romance (same trope) set in a fantasy (or dystopian), historical world (wrong genre).

This story is also written by an author who I have been anxiously awaiting a new novel from! It may not release until May of 2020 (!!), but after the excitement and cover reveal, I couldn’t not feature this one. Our highlight today is Kiera Cass’ new book, The Betrothed! Described as a “steamy” new romance duo (this is book one of her new duology), I’m a little iffy on this being so different than The Selection (because that’s the implication of the heralded promo from EW, who reveals the cover).

THE BETROTHED

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

Author: Kiera Cass | Publisher: Harper Collins
Genre: Fiction; Fantasy, Historical | Publication Date: 2020

Hollis Brite, a daughter of nobility has captured the heart of the king. But Hollis soon realizes that falling in love with a king and being crowned queen may not be the happily ever after she’s dreamed of. And when she meets a commoner with the mysterious power to see right into her heart, she finds that the future she wants is one she never thought to imagine. – Goodreads

Amazon | Goodreads

‘Downton Abbey’ Anticipation: The Five Things I Hope to See

Do you like royal fiction? Are you a fan of Kiera’s (controversial?) romances? What are your thoughts on the ‘Selection’ books, and do you like this new cover art?

PS: Before you go

you can enter the October Book Giveaway!

please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

Comment down below with your thoughts (do you like royal romances? what did you feature today? do you read fantasy fiction?), Waiting on / Can’t Wait Wednesday blog links or anything else bookish. I’d look forward to chatting all things bookish with you.

Waiting on Wednesday: Edition Thirty-Two. Taking a look at #newbook from a *favorite* #YALit author. #Fiction #CWW #Bloggers Click To Tweet

I’ll be glad to visit your blogs, too; it might take me a week to circle around. Still, I look forward to the visit.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland.

PSS: if you’d like to have Finding Wonderland’s new content sent to your inbox; sign up for our once (or twice) monthly round up of new content. (In order to sign up, an automated email will ask you to confirm a subscription via email.) If you’d like to have this newsletter sent to your inbox, you can enter your email address here.

• Ronyell (a.k.a Rabbitearsblog) October 9, 2019 at 5:28 am

I haven’t read any of Kiera Cass’s books yet, but they sound interesting! Great pick!

• Rissi JC October 14, 2019 at 5:33 pm

Hope you enjoy Kiera’s if you read them; to me there “mindless” fun, and that’s what I love about them. :)

• Lisa Mandina (Lisa Loves Literature) October 9, 2019 at 9:11 am

Um, I did not know this was a thing! I loved Cass’s first series, didn’t finish the second, although only because of time, not because I didn’t want to. Well, off to add this to my TBR!!! Thanks for alerting me to it!

Lisa Mandina (Lisa Loves Literature) recently posted: Lisa's Looking Forward To #34 - October 15th, 2019
    • Rissi JC October 14, 2019 at 5:33 pm

YAY! Hope you enjoy this one, Lisa. I know it’s one of those HIGH on my eventual TBR. :)

• Jenea's Book Obsession October 9, 2019 at 11:11 am

I didn’t know she had a new book coming out but it sure sounds good!

My CWW

• Rissi JC October 14, 2019 at 11:46 am

I’ve been waiting for her new book for what feels like YEARS now. Something new has been teased for so long – and the announcement just came last week, so of course, I had to feature it. :)

• Cindy October 9, 2019 at 1:05 pm

I haven’t had good luck with Charlie Holmberg. The only one of hers I really loved was The Plastic Magician. But you never know! Here’s my list. https://speedyreadercom.wordpress.com/2019/10/09/cant-wait-for-ayesha-at-last/

• Rissi JC October 14, 2019 at 11:47 am

Cool. Glad to know you enjoyed those, Cindy. :)

• Angela October 9, 2019 at 6:36 pm

I love books about royalty! I liked the original Selection trilogy, and I like this cover – pretty much any cover with a gorgeous dress will get me to take a second look!

• Rissi JC October 14, 2019 at 11:47 am

RIGHT!? SAME. So much same. I’m really excited about this one, so here’s hoping it’s good. :)