Dear Santa: This is My Novel Wish List 2019!

December 23, 2019 24 Comments

It’s that most wonderful time of year again. Time for festive cheer, and for some of us, a most important task: writing those letters to Santa. This year, as we do every year, I’m sharing my little ‘Dear Santa’ letter in the usual bookworm style of a novel Christmas wish list!

What to Know about ‘Double Holiday,’ a Hallmark Romance

What always amazes me is how difficult it is each year to piece this list together. As is the normal landscape of these annual wish lists, I’m still unsure if this means there are fewer books publishing that I’m interested in, I buy too many books for myself or I’m learning that I’m more content in life than I realized. Ideally I’d like it to be the latter, but I’m nervous it’s the proceeding reason.

Either way, it’s still fun to make a little bookish wish list for Santa, and despite the fact that this is getting to him quite last, he is, after all Santa Claus. Something tells me, he could still see this.

Dear Santa: This is My Novel Wish List 2019!

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

novel christmas wish list

1: Deadly Little Scandals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

I haven’t yet read this series – or come to think of it, anything by Jennifer, but these sound like so much fun, and since I do own book one, why not wish for the complete duo? Amazon | Goodreads

2: Virgin River by Robin Carr

Since this was adapted as a Netflix series (and I promptly binge watched it because I’m a Netflix junkie), I’m now quite curious about the novel. Amazon | Goodreads

3: Hearts, Strings and Other Breakable Things by Jacqueline Firkins

Totally forgot about this one until making this list. I remember seeing the cover art, and reading the synopsis and thinking it sounds like a fun, and cute read that’d make an ideal lighthearted binge-read. Amazon | Goodreads

4: What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon

I’ve seen much high praise for this historical (or rather time slip) novel. It looks interesting, and while I’m not an avid historical fiction reader, I make exceptions from time to time. Amazon | Goodreads

5: Together Forever and Searching for You by Jody Hedlund

Read book one in this historical fiction series that centers on the orphan trains, and thought it was really quite good. All of which reminds me someday… I should go and read the follow up books. Together Forever on Amazon | GoodreadsSearching for You on Amazon | Goodreads

6: Murder in the City of Liberty by Rachel McMillan

Oh, look! Here we feature yet another title I haven’t yet read book one in this 1920s era mystery duo, but I suspect it’s a good one. Amazon | Goodreads

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE

*no Top Ten Tuesday video this week; channel linked above

That Artsy Reader Girl December 12: Books I Hope to Find Under My Tree

What books (or other bookish things) made your wish lists this year? Have you read any I mention? Do you want to? Share all the bookish thoughts in the comments. If you have a blog or joined in the Top Ten Tuesday meme, leave your links below. It may take me an entire week, but I’d love to come by and visit your bookish spaces.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

Dear Santa: This is My Novel Wish List 2019! Talking my novel Christmas wish list 2019 in this #TopTenTuesday weekly publication. What's on YOUR list? #BookNerd #Bookish #ChristmasBooks Click To Tweet
Dear Santa: This is My Novel Wish List 2019! Talking my novel Christmas wish list 2019 in this Top Ten Tuesday weekly publication. What's on YOUR list?

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Kait December 23, 2019 at 11:48 pm

Ooh these are all amazing books! Deadly Little Scandals and Little White Lies were some of my FAVORITE reads this year! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! Happy Reading! :)
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

Kait recently posted: My Favorite Books of 2019
    • Rissi JC December 30, 2019 at 6:45 pm

Thanks, Kait! I hope so too. Hopefully I’ll enjoy them once I finally make time to read these two. :) Appreciate your visit.

• Jess @ Jessticulates December 24, 2019 at 5:43 am

Great list! What the Wind Knows sounds really interesting, I hope you enjoy all of these when you get to them. Merry Christmas!

• Rissi JC December 30, 2019 at 6:49 pm

Right? I’ve had a blogging friend recommend Amy’s books so someday I plan to read some of them! That’s a reader goal anyway. :D Thanks so much for visiting, Jess, and same! Merry Christmas to you as well. :)

• Davida Chazan December 24, 2019 at 6:39 am

Okay, so… about “Murder in the City of Liberty” by Rachel McMillan… this is the second book in the series, and if you haven’t read the first one, you will surely get lost with this one. I made that mistake and I’m afraid, I couldn’t finish this at all. (Okay, there were other reasons why I didn’t like this book, including an inaccuracy about Chicago that really pissed me off.) If you like this kind of stuff, read the first one before you read this one.

• Angela December 24, 2019 at 7:07 am

I actually try not to buy too many books for myself anymore, knowing someone is always going to ask what I want for Christmas or my birthday. I keep a list just for that reason!

• Rissi JC December 30, 2019 at 6:52 pm

That’s an excellent philosophy, Angela. I confess I don’t have this kind of restraint, but I SHOULD learn to. :D Thanks so much for the visit!

• Lydia December 24, 2019 at 7:42 am

I had the same problem with this prompt. You did a good job with your list.

My TTT.

• Rissi JC December 30, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Thanks, Lydia. Appreciate your visit.

• Dini @ dinipandareads December 24, 2019 at 8:01 am

Great list, Rissi! I haven’t heard of half of these but I’ve been seeing Hearts, Strings and Other Breakable Things quite a bit recently. I’ve also got What the Wind Knows on my TBR :)

My TTT post

• Rissi JC December 30, 2019 at 6:56 pm

YAY! Hope we both enjoy “What the Wind Knows.” I hear great things, and also, didn’t ‘Heart, Strings’ look cute? Gotta’ love a fun new contemporary! :) Thanks for the visit.

• Chai @ Like Chai Tea December 24, 2019 at 8:58 am

Ahh so many good titles here. I’ve been wanting to read an Amy Harmon book for a while now. Virgin River sounds interesting though. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

• Rissi JC December 30, 2019 at 7:00 pm

I hear AMAZING things about Amy’s books, and I agree. Virgin River has promise! Merry (belated) Christmas to you, Chai. Hope your season was lovely. Thanks for visiting!

• Brittaney B December 24, 2019 at 10:48 am

I haven’t had time to read Murder in the City of Liberty yet, but it’s on my list! What the Wind Knows was one of my favorite books of the year. It’s so well written and I was really drawn into the story.

• Ashley S. December 24, 2019 at 11:03 am

Great list! I’ve read a few Jennifer Lynn Barnes books and loved them. I still need to read this series though. Hope you enjoy it! Merry Christmas! :)

• Nikki @TheNightisDarkandFullofBooks December 24, 2019 at 1:33 pm

I love the graphics you made for this! I’ve heard great things about that first book to Deadly Little Scandals. Duologies are always nice. Series but not too much of a commitment. I hope you receive some of these and have a great Christmas!

Nikki @TheNightisDarkandFullofBooks recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #23 || Books I Hope to Find Under my Tree
  • Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense December 24, 2019 at 2:21 pm

I haven’t picked up a Jennifer Lynn Barnes novel in a while. I need to get back to that author. Hope you get some of these. Merry Christmas, Rissi!

• Brooke Lorren December 24, 2019 at 3:34 pm

Merry Christmas! I tend to buy (pre-order) all the books I really have to have too, so it was harder to come up with a list of wanted books for my parents. Hope Santa brings you what you’re hoping for.

Brooke Lorren recently posted: Books I’d Like to Haul in 2020
  • Poinsettia December 25, 2019 at 11:31 am

I like the sound of Murder in the City of Liberty! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

• RS December 25, 2019 at 2:24 pm

I haven’t read Virgin River but I’m definitely here for the Netflix series (…which I also haven’t watched yet) because Martin Henderson. I’m trying very hard not to get caught in the paralyzing “book or TV first?” spiral because I’ve had a year to try checking out the book first and THOUGHT I had decided to stick with show, but who knows. I’ll probably end up wanting to read it regardless.

I feel the same way as you about What The Wind Knows. It doesn’t call to me as much as some of her older novels, but it is one of the few my library actually has, so I might try it.

RS recently posted: Top 10 Book Buys of 2019
  • Dedra @ A Book Wanderer December 28, 2019 at 10:32 am

What the Wind Knows sounds like a great read. It’s on my tbr as well. I hope you get these soon!

Happy Holidays!