12 of the (Hopefully) Good Novels I Forgot About: Here's Why. Talking about the books on my Kindle I've forgotten about. Text © Rissi JC

12 of the (Hopefully) Good Novels I Forgot About: Here’s Why

May 11, 2020 Rissi JC 22 Comments

There are always some titles we forget about. Whether it’s because they’re tucked on our shelf in a “second” row that we cannot see (if you’re like me and you use all that shelf space with double stacks) or another reason, we have them. For me, it’s a little bit different in that I rarely read books on my e-reader. I actually own a Kindle Fire and love it, though not for reading purposes. In fact, I actively avoid this. This is for a couple of reasons, one of which is I feel as though I spend enough time in front of a screen (doing all of this!), and so when I read, I don’t need to do the same. With all that in mind, it’s time to look at the books on my Kindle I forgot about!

LIST | A Few of the Popular Mothers We Love on TV

This realization happened recently when I was looking through the books I have in my Kindle cloud. Most of which I’ve completely forgotten about. Do I have immediate plans to read them? No, but this in no way means they aren’t good or that someday I won’t finally read them. For now, it’s just best to be realistic.

That said, let’s walk through some of the books on my Kindle I forgot about.

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: Kept by Sally Bradley

I remember reading that this book is very good way back when, but never did get around to discovering the truth of this for myself. Amazon | Goodreads

2: Sell Out by Tammy L. Gray

I’m super pumped about Tammy’s upcoming Bethany House release this summer, plus I’ve like other of Tammy’s novels. All this to say, I should read this one. You know, someday. Amazon | Goodreads

3: Georgia on Her Mind by Rachel Hauck

I’ve read several books by Rachel, and enjoy them, but this is one I have not. Here’s hoping someday I remedy this because who doesn’t love that title? Amazon | Goodreads

books on my Kindle
4: Love’s Refuge by Sandra Leesmith

A bloging friend used to talk a out this author’s novels a lot, I even bought this one in paperback by her (and see it in my Kindle cloud, too). Alas, it’s another of those I have never read. Amazon | Goodreads

5: Leaving Carolina by Tamara Leigh

Haven’t ever read a novel by this author (at least not that I remember), but I’ve been told she does write great stories! Why I haven’t read one, I cannot say. Amazon | Goodreads

6: Kiss Me Hard Before You Go by Shannon McCrimmon

I know virtually nothing about this one, but its cover art is cute, and it’d be a new-to-me author so that brings about some curiosity! From what I see it follows the life of a girl in the carnival. Amazon | Goodreads

7: Bookishly Ever After by Sarah Monzon

Don’t judge me, but I haven’t a clue what this one is about. Still, with that title, it’s got to be all types of cute, right? Amazon | Goodreads

8: The Brickmaker’s Bride by Judith Miller

It’s been years since I read a novel by this author. But I remember reading one I really enjoyed… just not the name of said book. Amazon | Goodreads

books on my Kindle

9: Blue Columbine by Jennifer Rodewald

Don’t really know what this one is about, but I’m pretty sure it promises an emotional roller-coaster kind of read that deals with addiction. Amazon | Goodreads

10: The Last Single Girl by Bria Quinlan

I don’t even remember adding this one to the Kindle ranks but it sounds cute; follows a girl who has one month to find love, only she discovers things aren’t that simple. Amazon | Goodreads

11: Intertwine by Nichole Van

Not sure what this one is about, but I feel like it’s a timeslip story – or maybe I’m dreaming? Amazon | Goodreads

12: A Sweethaven Summer by Courtney Walsh

I’ve never read any of Courtney’s ‘Sweethaven’ novels, but have read some of her others and enjoyed them. Here’s hoping I remedy this oversight sooner rather than later. Amazon | Goodreads

Have you read any of these? Do you want to? Which do you recommend? What about you, do you have a list of “books on my Kindle” you’ve forgotten about?? Comment all of your thoughts in the comments; I look forward to chatting.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

12 of the (Hopefully) Good Novels I Forgot About: Here's Why. Talking about the books on my Kindle I've forgotten about. #Kindle #Books #AmReading #TopTenTuesday Click To Tweet
PINTEREST PIN

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl and Top Ten Tuesday May 12: The Last Ten Books I Abandoned (this could be books you DNFed, books you decided you were no longer interested in, etc.), submitted by Claire @ Book Lovers Pizza*Altering this a bit to the Books I Forgot I Had (From My Kindle)

• Jess @ Jessticulates May 12, 2020 at 4:32 am

Great list! I use my Kindle fairly often and I’m still guilty of forgetting what I have on there. I haven’t heard of any of these, but I hope you enjoy them!

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:32 pm

Thanks, Jessica. I hope to enjoy these as well. :) Appreciate your visit.

• Lydia May 12, 2020 at 6:04 am

I hope you find time for these books soon.

My TTT .

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:32 pm

Thanks, Lydia; someday…! :)

• Paula Shreckhise May 12, 2020 at 10:55 am

I keep adding to my kindle with free books and have made it a goal to read at least one a month this year. I have read Bookishly Ever After! All three of this series are funny and cute.

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:35 pm

That’s a great goal/idea, Paula. Hope it works well for you! :)

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer May 12, 2020 at 12:52 pm

These are all new to me, so I’m no help there. Ha! I do use my e-reader fairly often, but I also have ebooks that I forget about. I made a Goodreads shelf with just books that are on my kindle so I don’t accidentally buy them in physical form, too. ;) This is a great idea for a post. I may have to steal it someday! <3

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: The Last Ten Books I Abandoned
    • Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:36 pm

Good idea, Dedra! I have some duplicates, too, but usually it’s only with books I’ve gotten free, especially if I decide to unahul the physical book. Please do! It’s always fun to see others posts on the same topic. :) Thanks so much for the visit.

• Louise @ Monstrumology May 12, 2020 at 12:55 pm

I constantly forget about books on my Kindle so I always try to make sure to include ebooks on my seasonal TBRs. Great list :)

Louise @ Monstrumology recently posted: Last 10 Books I Removed from My TBR
    • Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:37 pm

Me too! Appreciate your visit, Louise.

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense May 12, 2020 at 2:09 pm

I have a few kindle reads that I got for free or for a low price that I haven’t picked up either. I hope you get a chance to pick some of these up and they end up being enjoyable reads.

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:39 pm

I’ve gotten a good deal of mine on a sale or free as well, Alicia. I don’t make a habit of buying e-books for myself (though my mom does and reads hers all the time) because I know I just don’t read that way. Appreciate your visit! :)

• Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse May 12, 2020 at 2:40 pm

I have a ton of books on my Kindle that I have yet to read and forgot they were there. I hope you get to read these soon!

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:44 pm

SO MUCH YES! This is my issue as well, Deanna. :) Appreciate your visit.

• Greg May 12, 2020 at 2:53 pm

“best to be realistic.” Haha that sums up my attitude nicely! I have books I want to read but realistically, it may be forever til I get to them! I hope any of these that you do get to though are good ones! :)

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:44 pm

Thanks, Greg – I hope so as well, and I’m glad someone else can relate. :D Appreciate your visit.

• Brittaney B May 13, 2020 at 11:18 am

You have some good ones on your list. I enjoyed Kiss Me Hard Before You Go. Brian Quinlan’s books are fun, quick rom-coms. Nichole Van is a personal favorite and Intertwine is indeed a time traveling book and the first in a series. Sell Out is fantastic!

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:51 pm

Ooo! So glad to know all of these tidbits about the books you’ve read, Brittaney! Thanks for sharing; hopefully I’ll read some of them soon!! :)

• Brooke Lorren May 15, 2020 at 2:39 am

I haven’t read any of these, but I know what you mean. I tend to get books that I’ve thought about reading when they’re on sale for $1.99 on Amazon, and sometimes I forget I have them!

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:57 pm

I forget ALL THE TIME! Not sure this is a good thing, but I do recognize the issue, so who knows! Maybe I’ll start working through some of them. :)

• Heidi Robbins May 15, 2020 at 1:16 pm

Bookishly Ever After is totally cute and it’s a novella so it’s a quick read. I gave it 5 stars. Nichole Van is an amazing author, and I’ve read her other series, but Intertwine is also on my TBR. Same with Courtney Walsh, I’ve read most of her other books but the Sweethaven series is waiting on my Kindle. And I’m in the same boat as you with Tamera Leigh- haven’t read her yet but heard rave reviews from reader friends.

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:59 pm

Good to know about ‘Ever After,’ Heidi. I head Nichole is a great author, so I’m eager to read hers, and of course, someday I’ll have to try Courtney’s Sweethaven books as I too have read other of her novels. :) Hope we both enjoy these – and Tamara Leigh’s too! :)