When You Discover a New-to-You Author – Waiting on Wednesday: Edition 36

May 12, 2020 Rissi JC 18 Comments

Hello, everyone and welcome back to Finding Wonderland. Today we jump into the ‘Waiting on Wednesday: Edition 36’ or Can’t-Wait-Wednesday bandwagon. This time, we talk of a 2020 debut (well at least to me!) author.

LIST | A Few of the Popular Mothers We Love on TV

Waiting on Wednesday: Edition Thirty-Six

We step away from my favorite contemporary genre today to take a trip back to yesteryear with this historical WWI novel. I’m all about finding GOOD new-to-me authors, and this author’s novel sounds so interesting, plus she’s an Australian, which I don’t read often with an American publishing house.

THE WOMAN IN THE GREEN DRESS

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

Author: Tea Cooper | Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Genre: Fiction; Historical | Publication Date: June 2020

A cursed opal, a gnarled family tree, and a sinister woman in a green dress emerge in the aftermath of World War I.

After a whirlwind romance, London teashop waitress Fleur Richards can’t wait for her new husband, Hugh, to return from the Great War. But when word of his death arrives on Armistice Day, Fleur learns he has left her a sizable family fortune. Refusing to accept the inheritance, she heads to his beloved home country of Australia in search of the relatives who deserve it more.

In spite of her reluctance, she soon finds herself the sole owner of a remote farm and a dilapidated curio shop full of long-forgotten artifacts, remarkable preserved creatures, and a mystery that began more than sixty-five years ago. With the help of Kip, a repatriated soldier dealing with the sobering aftereffects of war, Fleur finds herself unable to resist pulling on the threads of the past. What she finds is a shocking story surrounding an opal and a woman in a green dress. . . a story that, nevertheless, offers hope and healing for the future.

This romantic mystery from award-winning Australian novelist Tea Cooper will keep readers guessing until the astonishing conclusion. – Goodreads

Amazon | Goodreads

When You Discover a New-to-You Author – Waiting on Wednesday: Edition 36. Featuring a new author find (to me!) today. #CWW #WOW #BookNerd #AMReading Click To Tweet

Do you like finding new-to-you authors? What types of historical fiction do you enjoy most?

Before you go

you can enter the MAY 2020 Book Giveaway!

Comment down below with your thoughts (what type of historical fiction do you like best; favorite era, author? have you read anything in this era that you love?), Waiting on / Can’t Wait Wednesday blog links or anything else bookish. I’d look forward to chatting all things bookish with you.

I’ll be glad to visit your blogs, too; it might take me a week to circle around. Still, I look forward to the visit.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland.

It’s Wednesday which means there’s another fun meme that bloggers enjoy taking part in. Today’s feature is all about the books we’re “Waiting On” with Can’t Wait Wednesday; a meme Finding Wonderland occasionally takes part in. Organized by the lovely Tressa of Wishful Endings, here’s another edition of Can’t Wait Wednesday. Can’t-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we’re excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they’re books that have yet to be released as well. It’s based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. (Find out more here.)

PS: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

PSS: if you’d like to have Finding Wonderland’s new content sent to your inbox; sign up for our once (or twice) monthly round up of new content. (In order to sign up, an automated email will ask you to confirm a subscription via email.) If you’d like to have this newsletter sent to your inbox, you can enter your email address here.

• Melanie May 13, 2020 at 12:03 am

This is on my “waiting on” list, too! Sounds amazing!

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:48 pm

YAY! Hope we BOTH enjoy. :)

• Jenea’s Book Obsession May 13, 2020 at 4:28 am

This is a one on to me and it sounds really good! Thanks for sharing it.

My CWW

• Literary Feline May 13, 2020 at 2:25 pm

Ooo! I am definitely interested in this one. I love historical fiction, especially set around the World Wars. I am adding The Woman in the Green Dress to my wish list. I hope you enjoy this one when you read it! Stay safe and well.

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:52 pm

I hope to enjoy this one as well. :) Appreciate your visit.

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:48 pm

I think so too. :)

• Davida Chazan May 13, 2020 at 5:45 am

While I’m unsure if the dress is right for the era, this does sound good. I love discovering new authors and I want to read more Australian authors as well.

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:49 pm

I think it sounds good, too!! I’m kind of selective about the historical fiction I read (because I like contemporary), but I’m always curious to try new authors when they’re books sound good! :)

• Stephanie @ Bookfever May 13, 2020 at 9:55 am

Oh my god this sounds absolutely amazing. And I’m just in love with that cover. Historical books are my favorite!

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:51 pm

I think so too, Stephanie! The cover IS pretty, and I’m hopeful the inside it just as good. :)

• Ronyell (a.k.a Rabbitearsblog) May 13, 2020 at 4:54 pm

Oooh! That cover looks beautiful! Great pick!

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:53 pm

Right? I agree, Ronyell! Hopeful the story inside is just as lovely.

• Barb @ Booker T's Farm May 13, 2020 at 6:20 pm

Sounds really good. I hope you love it!

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:56 pm

Thank you! I hope so too.

• Angela May 13, 2020 at 8:30 pm

Love the sound of this – and that cover, wow!!

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 3:56 pm

Right!? I agree. It sounds grand.

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense May 15, 2020 at 3:17 pm

Sounds like a novel you can easily get lost in. I hope it ends up being a good read!

• Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 5:10 pm

I’m hopeful this is what it will end up being. :) Thanks for the visit, Alicia.