Color Me Happy! Novels with Colorful Titles. Talking about books with "color" in their titles. What are some of YOUR favorites? Text © Rissi JC

Color Me Happy! Novels with Colorful Titles

August 3, 2020 Rissi JC 36 Comments

When it comes to this world, we already are treated to a whole symphony of color from the moment we step outside. Whether we live in the city and see the bright yellow taxi cabs ushering people off to begin their days or in the country where the lush greens of the trees impress us, there’s color everywhere. When it comes to our reading, we already (hopefully!) see them as “colorful” with their many unique plots, stories and the characters that make us laugh or cry with the color that is their personality. With all of that to paint our world, we’re about to look at the novels colors in the title.

DISCUSSION | This is the Sound of ‘Folklore’ New Taylor Swift Ranked!

I set out to feature only books already on my shelf, and while I do accomplish this, golly, I didn’t realize how few I own with varying colors in their title. For a while there, it was touch and go if I’d manage to find 10 or so titles. Fortunately I did. If you want more great titles with colors in them, you can easily find them (and there seem to be a lot!), I just decided to stay with those I own.

Let’s get our color on!

NOVELS WITH COLORFUL TITLES

Sorted by author; a-z

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Still haven’t read this one, but someday I will (now that it’s no longer a “cool” read). Amazon | Goodreads

2: Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

This book sounds like so much fun! Kind of a What a Girl Wants or Princess Diaries-esque premise with a splash of mystery. Like I said, sounds fun! Amazon | Goodreads

3: Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley

Missed this one on my initial run-through of potential titles, but I’m glad I noticed it on Goodreads because it’s one I’d like to read soon…hopefully. Amazon | Goodreads

4: Coral by Sara Ella

A Little Mermaid re-telling (by the Grimm brothers – not the Disney one!), this novel is a must-add given its titles is solely a color. Amazon | Goodreads

5: Blue Ridge Sunrise by Denise Hunter

It’s been a minute since I read one of Denise Hunter’s contemporary novels. But I hear good things about this series. Amazon | Goodreads

6&7: The Red Door Inn and a Sparkle of Silver by Liz Johnson

The first of two authors that I feature two books from on this list. What can I say? When the titles fit the topic, we roll with it. ‘Red’ on Amazon | Goodreads ● ‘Silver’ on Amazon | Goodreads

8: Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

Pretty sure this is a classic one many would feature on lists. Amazon | Goodreads

9: The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery

Sometimes you just have to feature books back-to-back by the same author. Amazon | Goodreads

10: Blue Skies Tomorrow by Sarah Sundin

I’ve said this too many (??) times, but I love the novels by this author. This is one I haven’t yet read, but here’s to hoping I accomplish this in the not too distant future. Amazon | Goodreads

What about you? Which novels with colors in the title have you read or want to read? Do you own any such books? Have you read any of these? Comment all the things in the comment section. Let’s chat.

PINTEREST PIN

Color Me Happy! Novels with Colorful Titles. Talking about books with "color" in their titles. What are some of YOUR favorites? #BloggersTribe #BookNerd #BookLove #TopTenTuesday Click To Tweet

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl and Top Ten Tuesday August 4: Books with Colors in Their Titles

• Anna @ The Bursting bookshelf August 3, 2020 at 11:09 pm

If you do read The Red Queen – I would highly recommend skipping the last book. Great list!

My Top Ten Tuesday

• Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 12:01 pm

Good to know, thank you, Anna! I’m all about knowing little bookish piece of info like this. :)

• Michael @ The Book Lovers' Sanctuary August 4, 2020 at 12:37 am

Great list, thanks for sharing and Anne of Green Gables gives so many nostalgic feels!
    My TTT this week includes a whole rainbow 🌈 albeit with purple rather than indigo or violet.

• Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 12:58 pm

For sure! ‘Anne’ is forever a classic. Thanks for the visit. :)

• sprite August 4, 2020 at 1:29 am

I read Words in Deep Blue earlier this year and really liked it. I definitely think you should read it soon.

• Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 12:02 pm

Thanks! I look forward to reading ‘Words’; it seems like one of those reads I’d really enjoy. :)

• Patrick Prescott August 4, 2020 at 1:30 am

Color me happy with your choices. Red Queen seems to be a real favorite. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/08/ttt-080420.html

• Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 12:03 pm

Thanks. It was fun to put together – and I agree. I think “Red Queen” seems the ideal choice for this week. :)

• Jess @ Jessticulates August 4, 2020 at 2:39 am

Great list! One of these days I need to read Anne of Green Gables. I love the cover of Words in Deep Blue!

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday | Books with red in the title
    • Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 12:04 pm

I’m the same, Jess. Still haven’t read ‘Anne,’ but I grew up watching the movies, so… I should make the effort. ‘Words’ sounds really good so I’d like to read that one as well. :) Appreciate your visit.

• Chiara August 4, 2020 at 5:38 am

Red Queen has been super popular this week. Great list!

Here’s mine https://bookwormsanonymous.blog/2020/08/04/top-ten-tuesday-books-with-colours-in-the-title/

• Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 12:07 pm

It’s the perfect fit, and easy to add. :) Thanks so much for the visit!!

• Angela August 4, 2020 at 6:21 am

Anne of Green Gables made my list, too! I just recently read Little White Lies, but surprisingly it did not make my list!

• Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 12:07 pm

Anne is kind of a must to include in a topic like this. She’s classic and, well, who doesn’t love her character?? :) Thanks for the visit, Angela.

• kathyscottage August 4, 2020 at 7:01 am

Anne of Green Gables and The Blue Castle are all time favorites! Great list! And colorful! :)

• Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 12:10 pm

They’re ideal for the topic – and thanks! Gotta’ love some color. :)

• Lydia August 4, 2020 at 7:29 am

I really need to read Coral one of these days.

My TTT .

• Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 12:11 pm

It does sound really interesting, right? :) Thanks for the visit, Lydia.

• Poinsettia August 4, 2020 at 8:50 am

Nice list! Anne of Green Gables is a classic! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday

• Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 12:19 pm

Yes, yes it is! :) Thanks so much for the visit.

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer August 4, 2020 at 9:07 am

I just recently read The Blue Castle and really enjoyed it! Lovely list. <3

• Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 12:29 pm

So glad! Thanks for stopping by, Dedra. :)

• Vee_Bookish August 4, 2020 at 9:20 am

I loved Words In Deep Blue! I still need to buy a physical copy.

• Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 12:30 pm

Glad to know this! Thanks for sharing – and the visit! :)

• Jo August 4, 2020 at 11:13 am

The only one of these I’ve read is Red Queen and I actually wasn’t a big fan. It’s okay, but nothing particularly special.

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #275
    • Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 12:31 pm

I’ve heard this from other readers too, Jo. It’s definitely one of those books “hyped” books, but someday I’d like to give it a read. *shrugs* We’ll see if I do! ;) Thanks for the visit.

• Heather @RandomRedheadedRamblings August 4, 2020 at 2:34 pm

Red Queen was a good read but I never got around to reading the rest of the series, just for a change! Thanks for sharing your list.

• Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 12:31 pm

OhMyGoodness! This is often my bookworm dilemma too – I read the first 1-2 books in a series, and then don’t finish it. Glad I’m not alone. :) Thanks for the visit, Heather.

• D Hoisington August 4, 2020 at 4:48 pm
  • Leslie @ Mama Needs A Book August 5, 2020 at 9:47 am

I want to read Red Queen too. Definitely late to the party on that one.

My TTT

• Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 1:00 pm

Goodness, so am I, Leslie. There was SO much hype surrounding it, but I didn’t get in on reading it at the time, which perhaps, isn’t a bad thing. :) Thanks so much for the visit.

• Greg August 5, 2020 at 10:56 pm

Little White Lies is a fun title! And Anne of Green Gables is such a classic.

• Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 1:00 pm

For sure – on both counts! Thanks for stopping by, Greg.

• Paula Shreckhise August 9, 2020 at 7:08 am

I have read Sarah Sundin and Liz Johnson’s books but not Red Door Inn, although it is sitting on my shelf. Glitter of Gold and Sparkle of Silver were tops in my book. I’m waiting for my copy of Dazzle of Diamonds to show up.
    I will read anything by Sarah. She is a favorite author. I really need to read The Blue Castle.

• Rissi JC August 9, 2020 at 1:04 pm

Sarah’s books are always top quality. Love them. I’m not only behind on reading her backlist of titles, but also Liz’s. Someday I’ll catch up. :) Thanks for the visit, Paula.