NEW SPRING 2021 TBR PLANS: 10 OF THE BOOKS I’D LIKE TO READ

March 15, 2021 29 Comments

In a matter of a few days, a new season will be here. A season to awaken and grow that is spring. While this is the season where everything comes alive again (and believe me, I cannot wait for the trees to be full and lush!), it’s also a new opportunity to make some new Spring 2021 TBR plans.

LIST | 14 OF OUR MOST FAVORITE IRISH FILM & BOOK CHARACTERS

Same goes for each new seasonal TBR I create which is to say that I rarely if ever actually make it through TBRs I curate. For some reason I still have such fun creating them and so I keep on doing it, whether its because I’m a glutton for punishment (because I get kinda mad at myself if I look back on the list or just because I cannot help it, I don’t know. Either way, honestly, I do enjoy the making of part. Like with most recent seasonal TBR lists, I’m going to work with books already on my shelf (mostly) rather than upcoming releases in the hopes it will inspire me to read more shelved titles. Here we go.

SPRING 2021 TBR LIST

1: Shadow and Bone, Leigh Bardugo

Adding this one just because of the upcoming show, but to be honest, this may not be one I get through because I’m not a fantasy fiction reader. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

2: Chasing Secrets, Lynette Eason

I’ve read a few chapters in this one, but this is one of those “vintage” titles on my shelf that I’m ashamed to say I still haven’t read, especially given I read and enjoyed the first three novels in the series. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

3: 10 Truths and a Dare, Ashley Elston (May)

Adding this one because I read Ashely’s 10 Blind Dates and I have hopes this one too would be a “me” kind of read. Amazon | Bookshop.orgGoodreads

4: Meg & Jo by Virginia Kantra

Totally carrying this one over from my spring 2020 (and likely other TBRS, too) list. Why? Well, I FINALLY read Jo & Laurie, and guys, I’m in this place of GIVE ME ALL OF THE RE-TELLINGS! That said, I’m not sure this will be a “me book” because I have visions of certain changes authors may make to this story (which is, of course, Little Women), and I’m not into them. But I don’t know that to be a fact for this story, so for now, I’m optimistic. Amazon | Bookshop.orgGoodreads

5: In a Far-Off Land, Stephanie Landsem (May)

This historical novel is a title that the publisher kindly sent me an ARC of. Needless to say, I plan to read it for review closer to its release date. It sounds so glamourous (and maybe a tiny bit scandalous, too). Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

NEW SPRING 2021 TBR PLANS: 10 OF THE BOOKS I’D LIKE TO READ. Sharing a few of the books I would like to read! Text © Rissi JC

6: Everything We Keep, Kerry Lonsdale

Don’t really know a thing about this book (presumably I did at one time), but it’s on my shelf and feels like something I could enjoy. Only way to find out is to actually read the book! Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

7: The Tourist Attraction, Sarah Morgenthaler

Pretty sure I had this one on my winter TBR (not sure because I simply cannot go back and take a look see), but it’s definitely one of the contemporary romcoms that I think sounds and looks like fun! It takes place in a tiny tourist town where we meet a woman who becomes smitten with the tiny town in Alaska and the diner owner who makes her blush. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

8: The Meet-Cute Project, Rhiannon Richardson

Recently added this one to my shelf, and you guys, it sounds and looks WAY too cute! Needless to say, I’m eager to read this one because I’m all about a good rom com. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

9: Let it Be Me, Becky Wade (May)

There are a few upcoming releases I have to place on this list simply because I know they’ll be books I reader more promptly than other upcoming releases. Becky’s follow up sequel will be one of these. So looking forward to what she has planned for Leah and Sebastian – and a love triangle! Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

10: Moment of Truth and Sunkissed (May), Kasie West

Love the books by Kasie West so adding her last and upcoming release is kind of “automatic.” Moment of Truth has been on multiple of my other lists, but Sunkissed is coming this spring! Needless to say, I cannot wait for a new book from her. Moment of Truth Amazon | Bookshop.orgGoodreadsSunkissed Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

What’s on your spring 2021 TBR list? Do you have new releases or backlist titles? Do you follow your TBR plans? Comment all of your thoughts below. I’d love to chat with you!

PINTEREST PIN

NEW SPRING 2021 TBR PLANS: 10 OF THE BOOKS I’D LIKE TO READ. What's on your #TBR list? #SpringTBR #BookLovers #Readers #Reading #AmReading #MustRead #NewBooks @KasieWest @BeckyWadeWriter @LynetteEason + MORE! Click To Tweet

find us on social media: MeWe; Instagram; or Pinterest – and join Finding Wonderland’s NEW reader group on MeWe!

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl and Top Ten Tuesday March 16: Spring TBR

• Greg March 15, 2021 at 11:25 PM

I rarely make it through the TBR’s either ha. I think they’re more guidelines than anything at this point. Oh, well. :)

I love the look of Chasing Secrets!

• Rissi JC March 15, 2021 at 11:42 PM

Good way to look at the (attempts) of reading through a TBR, Greg. :)

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks March 16, 2021 at 12:46 AM

This looks like a great batch of books. Enjoy. My TTT list

• Rissi JC March 16, 2021 at 12:43 PM

That’s the hope! Thanks, Anne. :)

• Elena @ ElenaSquareEyes March 16, 2021 at 3:28 AM

I’m not great at sticking to TBR’s either but I enjoy looking back on them and seeing how many times a book might appear on them or when I actually got around to reading some of the books! :D
    Some of the Grisha books are on my TBR this season too, definitely thinking the upcoming Netflix series has gotten people more interested in them again. Happy reading!

• Rissi JC March 16, 2021 at 12:45 PM

Right? There’s just something about TBRs that always end up meaning I won’t read them all. That said, I still have fun. LOL, me too; it’s always funny to me to see how many times I put the same book on the seasonal TBRs. I don’t think the Grisha books will be “me” kind of reads, but I do want to give them a fair shot and see if I can enjoy. :) Thanks for the visit, Elena.

• Stefani March 16, 2021 at 3:31 AM

I’m reading Shadow and Bone myself in anticipation of the TV show. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/upcoming-readathons-and-spring-tbr/

• Rissi JC March 16, 2021 at 12:45 PM

AWESOME! Hope you enjoy them, Stefani. :)

• Jess @ Jessticulates March 16, 2021 at 3:51 AM

Great list! I’ve heard good things about The Tourist Attraction.

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday | My Spring 2021 TBR
    • Rissi JC March 16, 2021 at 1:14 PM

Same! Hoping I enjoy it after all of this (on my part) hype. :D Thanks for the visit, Jess.

• Angela March 16, 2021 at 6:38 AM

Meg & Jo was a really great read – hope you enjoy all of these!

• Rissi JC March 16, 2021 at 1:15 PM

YAY! I’m so glad to know this, Angela. Thanks for sharing. :)

• Astilbe March 16, 2021 at 7:16 AM

I hope you like The Tourist Attraction.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• Catherine@basedonthebook March 16, 2021 at 9:07 AM

I really liked Shadow and Bone – thought it was an easy-ish read for fantasy as it’s first person? Meg and Jo sounds good – I just read a modern re-telling that was a graphic novel, ‘Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy’ – bit cheesy but really good!

• Rissi JC March 16, 2021 at 1:22 PM

Good to know, Catherine! I’m not a fantasy fiction reader so I like the sound it it being an easier read. Hope you enjoy Meg & Jo. It’s a charming historical read that I didn’t know I needed. :) Appreciate your visit.

• Lydia March 16, 2021 at 9:30 AM
    • Rissi JC March 16, 2021 at 1:30 PM

Good to know, Lydia. It sounds good… but sometimes makes me a bit skeptical, too. Thanks for the visit! :)

• Danielle Grandinetti March 16, 2021 at 9:31 AM

I enjoyed Let it Be Me! I can’t wait for the next book in the series.

• Rissi JC March 16, 2021 at 1:31 PM

I’m so glad to read this, Danielle. :) Looking forward to reading this one. Appreciate your visit.

• Leslie @ Books Are The New Black March 16, 2021 at 10:05 AM

Great list of books. I am so bad at keeping to my TBR’s but they are fun to create! I always like to look back and see how terribly I did. It is part because I am a mood reader. haha. Have a wonderful week and happy TTT!

• Dini @ dinipandareads March 16, 2021 at 10:10 AM

Great list! I’ve been thinking about re-reading Shadow & Bone and then Six of Crows before the show comes out. I’ve been saying that for a long time though and it still hasn’t happened yet… But maybe this time ? I hope you enjoy all these books! Happy reading!

• Molly @ Molly's Book Nook March 16, 2021 at 11:12 AM

I want to reread Shadow & Bone before the show comes out! You may not like it much if you’re not into fantasy. I’d be interested in your review! It’s been so long since I’ve read it lol.

Molly @ Molly's Book Nook recently posted: Books I Want To Read ASAP
  • Jo March 16, 2021 at 11:13 AM

The only book I’ve read of these is Shadow and Bone, and if you’re not massively into fantasy then it’s probably a good one for you, it’s a fairly straightforward fantasy, the world isn’t too complicated or difficult to follow, and it’s quite short. I wasn’t a massive fan but that’s more because I do read a lot of fantasy and Shadow and Bone felt like a quite cliche YA fantasy.

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #307
  • Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse March 16, 2021 at 1:23 PM

I forgot to add West’s book to my list this week, but I want to read it.

Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My Spring 2021 TBR
  • Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads March 16, 2021 at 3:12 PM

The Meet-Cute Project sounds so cute! I want to (re)read Shadow and Bone before the show comes out too, hope you’ll still enjoy it even if it’s not really your genre :) Happy reading!

• Susan (Bloggin' 'bout Books) March 16, 2021 at 6:49 PM

I finished listening to LITTLE WOMEN last month, so I’m ready for all the retellings! Although, like you, I’m a little worried that they’ll take liberties I (not to mention Louisa May Alcott) don’t approve of. Such it is with retellings. I hope you enjoy your picks!

Happy TTT!

Susan

• Lauren @ Always Me March 16, 2021 at 7:09 PM

Shadow and Bone was a lot of fun. I hope you’ll end up liking it. That Netflix series looks like it will be great!

Lauren @ Always Me

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer March 20, 2021 at 12:38 AM

I finally read The Shadow and Bone series and the Six of Crows duology at the end of last year. I enjoyed the second and third book in S&B more than the first, but I did still enjoy it. But Six of Crows was so much better. I’m eager to reread it sometime soon! And I loved The Tourist Attraction–and all the books in the series! Happy reading!

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: My Spring 2021 TBR