The Fall 2020 Novels I Hope to Enjoy! Walking through the fall TBR 2020 titles I plan to read; what’s on your list books? Text © Rissi JC

The Fall 2020 Novels I Hope to Enjoy!

September 21, 2020 Rissi JC 16 Comments

Well, here we are. On the cusp of autumn and with its arrival comes another round of crisp, cool air (at least in the Midwest) and the opportunity to again share new TBR hopefuls. In this case, specific to the season, so it’s a fall 2020 TBR reading list.

LIST | 20+ of the Best Autumn Movies to Watch (+ Where to See Them!)

So. Before we get into today’s new TBR, I’ll just say this, I did something. Something that I’m always loathe and bookish “fearful” to do. That is, I went back and looked at my summer TBR and to add insult to injury I filmed it as last week’s newest booktube video. It’s always painful to look back on these TBRs because I know myself. Meaning I never, if ever, read very many books on any TBR, despite the fact that I do enjoy creating them. But this go-round I did, and you know what…

Out of 17 books (between the main list on this web space and the mini summer TBR add-on video), I did read 10 of them.

For me, this is pretty dang impressive.  So, in the same Summer Reading Wrap Up video I film, I also talk about three (two that I don’t mention below) fall TBR hopefuls. If you want to see which books I did read and which additional fall reads I might get to, you can see that in the new video. In other queries, should I make this a habit; taking a look back at my TBR progress? It could be scary OR quite fun. Thoughts?

This list is going to mostly be made up of books on my shelf, minimal upcoming/new releases, and in an effort to be better, I’m also carrying over a few of the books I didn’t get to from my summer TBR. Let’s have a look.

Fall 2020 TBR Books

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: The Inheritance Games, Jennifer Lynn Barnes

This first pick is kind of a “wild card” read just because I’m not sure it’s going to be a read I’d like. That said, it does have an interesting premise so it’s staying on the list. At least… for now. Amazon | Goodreads

2: The Code for Love and Heartbreak, Jillian Cantor (October)

This one sounds cute on its own, but the best thing about it? It’s a modern Emma re-telling – and I am ready to be dazzled by said cuteness, and just all around, all HERE FOR IT. Amazon | Goodreads

3: Jo & Laurie, Melissa de la Cruz and Margaret Stohl

One I’m carrying over from my aforementioned summer TBR.  Sometimes one needs to read a ship-that-might-have-been novelization; hoping this one is good. Amazon | Goodreads

4: Until I Met You, Tari Faris

Received this one from the publisher, so it’s a must-read on this TBR – even if nothing else gets read, this one must. It’s a contemporary about a librarian who, excited to run a small town library, discovers their idea of a functioning library is very different than hers. Amazon | Goodreads

The Fall 2020 Novels I Hope to Enjoy! Walking through the TBR titles I plan to read (*hopefully*); what’s on your list of #MustRead books? Text © Rissi JC

5: The Vanishing Stair, Maureen Johnson

Since I did manage to read Truly Devious (from my summer TBR), I figure adding this one to the list is only logical. Which book in this trilogy do you like best? Amazon | Goodreads

6: The Ghost and the Goth, Stacey Kade

Pretty sure this has been on my list for years at this point. But a: it looks like the ideal autumn read (quick, easy and topically fun) and b: it’s reaching the point not where a girl needs to read it or add it to the unhaul pile. Amazon | Goodreads

7: Meg & Jo, Virgina Kantra

I mean, I think any Little Women-esque story is ideal as a cozy autumn time read. Amazon | Goodreads

8: The London Restoration, Rachel McMillan

Yet another book I failed to read from my summer TBR. But its plot and setting really sound more conducive to this season anyway, so… we’ll stay that’s a good thing. Amazon | Goodreads

9: Of Curses and Kisses, Sandhya Menon

Seems like an ideal autumn-time read; a modern re-telling of Beauty and the Beast set in a Boarding school! Yes, please! Amazon | Goodreads

10: Instant Karma, Marissa Meyer (November)

Never read a novel by Meyer, but this contemporary sounds (and looks!) way too cute to let pass by. Amazon | Goodreads

11: Recommended for You, Laura Silverman

This one just sounds darling, and has a kind of autumn-esque vibe with its bookish themes. For some reason those types of stories always put me in mind of fall. Amazon | Goodreads

12: Moment of Truth, Kasie West

This is my last (*sniff*) novel by West until she releases something new. I’m actually all caught up (far as I know) on her backlist, so now I have to watch for each new release. I’m quite sad (and mad!) about this. Amazon | Goodreads

Ok, over to you, all. What fall 2020 TBR books are on your list? Are any of these books you’ve read and enjoyed (or not liked)? Do you see any you also want to read? Comment all of your thoughts down below.

PINTEREST PIN

The Fall 2020 Novels I Hope to Enjoy! Walking through the #FallTBR titles I plan to read (*hopefully*); what’s on your list of #MustRead books? #AmReading #BookWorm #FallReads #FallReading #TopTenTuesday Click To Tweet

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl and Top Ten Tuesday September 22: Books On My Fall 2020 TBR (or spring if you live in the southern hemisphere)

• Natalie September 22, 2020 at 12:40 am

Getting through 10 out of 17 ain’t bad. That is pretty impressive and you should definitely feel proud. I’m hoping I can do the same with my Fall tbr. Happy reading! Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post.

• Taylor @ plantyofpages September 22, 2020 at 12:53 am

YESS I am dying to read Recommended for You and The Inheritance Games. I just got the first in the mail last week so next time I am craving a contemporary, it will be the first thing I pick up! I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the two books :)
    Here’s my Fall TBR if you’d like to give it a look!

• Greg September 22, 2020 at 1:06 am

I hope The Inheritance Game turns out to be good! And I hope Kasie West keeps putting out good new books! :)

• Kay @ Hammock of Books September 22, 2020 at 1:07 am

Of Curses and Kisses is super cute, and ahhh I’m dYING to read Instant Karma!! happy reading <3

Kay @ Hammock of Books recently posted: Top Ten Fall 2020 Releases On My TBR!
  • Lydia September 22, 2020 at 7:48 am

Now I want to read Meg & Jo, too.

My post .

• Brittaney B September 22, 2020 at 9:44 am

Congrats on finishing so many of your Summer TBR books! That’s quite an accomplishment and not one I can claim. If you are reading Jo & Laurie, I wouldn’t recommend the audio version. That’s the one I chose. I was disappointed overall in the story, but felt it had more to do with the narrator.

• Jess @ Jessticulates September 22, 2020 at 10:11 am

Great list! I love YA thrillers so I really need to give Truly Devious a try.

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday | My Autumn 2020 TBR!
  • Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse September 22, 2020 at 10:42 am

Moment of Truth wasn’t my favorite West novel, but it was cute. It’s hard to be caught up on a favorite author, but also very rewarding. I hope you enjoy it!

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer September 22, 2020 at 11:44 am

10 is a great number! I’m always scared to look back, too. :) Instant Karma is one I want to read. I love Marissa Meyer!

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Books on My Fall 2020 TBR
  • Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads September 22, 2020 at 12:47 pm

Oh this looks like a great fall TBR! I’m also looking froward to Instant Karma, as well as The Code For Love And Heartbreak and Recommended For You. I also like the cover for The Inheritance Games!

• Angela September 22, 2020 at 3:23 pm

I haven’t read Little Women yet, but I enjoyed Meg & Jo!

• Poinsettia September 22, 2020 at 3:40 pm

I think Of Curses and Kisses sounds good too! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense September 22, 2020 at 8:34 pm

I am very curious about The Inheritance Games. Hope you enjoy all these!

• Brooke Lorren September 28, 2020 at 11:09 pm

I liked Jo & Laurie. Of Curses and Kisses is good too and will be great for autumn (or even winter, if you don’t get to it right away).

Brooke Lorren recently posted: Fall 2020 TBR