BOOKS THAT MAKE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD. Sharing some of the books that have made me LOL (and some I hope do!). Text © Rissi JC

BOOKS THAT MAKE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD

February 22, 2021 26 Comments

Laughter is good for the soul. Or so the saying goes. In many ways I do believe this. There’s nothing quite like real laughter, no matter if it’s the smallest thing to instigate it. Because laughter is never out of style, today we’ll take a look at some of the books that make me laugh out loud. Or at least the books I think did since I had to go back in the archives and try to remember my reactions while reading said books.

LIST | 20+ Titles to Read or Watch to Fill our ‘To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before’ Void

These might not make me laugh today (though I’m betting they would!), but look back on my review archives, they seem like the books that did evoke laughter as I read them. Sometimes I wonder if I’d re-read some of these books if my reaction would be the same. But then, other times, I’m glad I’m not a re-reader because I prefer to have my high opinion of the books. And I think that’s enough. In a list such as this I like to think I could create a list full of many titles (because shouldn’t most books make us laugh?), but as usual, I put these together last minute and therefore put pressure on myself. Despite this, I still strive for a decent selection and so without further ado, I present said list to you.

Not that long ago, I also created a pretty extensive list of funny happy books or books I hope are funny list, which is, for me, still pretty relevant!

BOOKS THAT MAKE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: Pretty in Punxsutawney, Laurie Boyle Crompton

Don’t remember specifics on this one, but I remember being curious and enjoying the plot. Amazon or Bookshop.org | Goodreads

2: 10 Blind Dates, Ashley Elston

This one follows a girl whose nosy family sets her up on 10 blind dates, which is, as we all know, the perfect fodder for comedy! Amazon or Bookshop.org | Goodreads

3: Tweet Cute, Emma Lord

Another one I cannot remember for certain, but feel like Emma’s 2020 novel had some laugh out loud moments! Amazon or Bookshop.org | Goodreads

4: Once Upon a Prince, Rachel Hauck

This is one of the rare novels I’ve read twice. I cannot remember for sure but I think it’s also one that makes me laugh – a lot! It’s also one of the books that I love WAY more as a book than adaptation. Amazon or Bookshop.org | Goodreads

5: A Girl’s Guide to the Outback, Jessica Kate

I almost didn’t include this one for one reason and that is, there are quite a few emotional issues in this novel that deals in tough (and sometimes SAD) issues. But there’s also some really joyful and hilarious moments. It’s these that earns this one its place. Amazon or Bookshop.org | Goodreads

6: Geek Girl, Holly Smale

I LOVE these books so much. They feature a younger heroine than most YA novels (I think she’s fifteen?), but the giggles are a plenty. Amazon or Bookshop.org | Goodreads

7: Made to Last, Melissa Tagg

To be honest, I don’t know which of Melissa Tagg’s books have made me laugh more. Might be this (her debut) or it may be one of her more recent releases. Either way I know she has SKILL in this area and I don’t think I feature this novel nearly as often as her others. Amazon or Bookshop.org | Goodreads

8: The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck, Bethany Turner

This book made me giggle SO much while reading it! It’s a fun, entertaining romance that is, for the inspirational genre, quite different from the norm. Amazon or Bookshop.org | Goodreads

9: Her One and Only, Becky Wade

To be honest, I feel as though there are more than one of Becky’s books that would fit on this list, however, if my memory serves me right, this one might be the better fit as it features a woman (in a bodyguard role) trying to protect a male client, which would make for some pretty great witty banter! Amazon or Bookshop.org | Goodreads

10: The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck, Kathleen Y’Barbo

I have this distinct memory of putting this title on a similar list already. Perhaps I’ve already done this topic? *shrugs* I don’t know, but either way, this book (and likely others by this author; yes I went through a reading-all-of-the-inspy-old-west phase) did make me LOL. A lot. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

BOOKS ON MY SHELF THAT I HOPE MAKE ME LAUGH

1: The Code for Love and Heartbreak, Jillian Cantor

This one looks like fun (as all of these do), but more than that, I love the idea of it being an Austen (Emma) re-telling. There’s nothing funnier than Emma Woodhouse’s not-so-subtle matchmaking! Bookshop.org | Goodreads

2: [Anything by] Melissa Fergunson

Both of Melissa’s books are on my shelf and they sound like SUCH fun. I cannot wait to read them both, and anticipate LOTS of laughs in store. Bookshop.org | Melissa on Goodreads

3: Save the Date, Morgan Matson

I mean, just the cover alone makes me hopeful this one will be hilarious! Bookshop.org | Goodreads

4: My Lady Jane, Jodi Meadows & Cynthia Hand & Brodi Ashton

This one always sounds HILARIOUS (a rarity I think for historical fiction)! That said, I still haven’t read this book, even all of these years later. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

5: I See London, I See France, Sarah Mlynowski

Zero idea if I’d like this one, but its title makes me laugh. I feel like that’s a decent start. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

6: The Tourist Attraction, Sarah Morgenthaler

I hope this one makes me laugh out loud because I love the sound of it, and am always and forever here for a solid romantic-comedy read! Bookshop.org | Goodreads

7: She’s the Worst, Lauren Spieller

This title makes me laugh, and the cover looks to convey this feeling too. That said, as it’s about sisters, I also have the feeling it’ll be a kind of sister story with heart, too. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

What did you include on your list? Have you read any of these? Do you prefer not to re-read to keep your first impression intact? What kinds of books make you laugh out loud? Comment all of your thoughts below; I’ve love to chat, and visit your web spaces too! (It may take me a while, but I’ll get there!)

PINTEREST PIN

BOOKS THAT MAKE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD. Sharing some of the books that have made me LOL (and some I hope do!). #TopTenTuesday #BookLove #BookTwitter #Books #BookWorm #Readers #Reading Click To Tweet

find us on social media: MeWe; Instagram; or Pinterest – and join Finding Wonderland’s NEW reader group on MeWe!

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

• Greg February 22, 2021 at 11:25 PM

These definitely look fun. Especially Tweet Cute!

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 1:58 PM

Right!? Gotta’ love a good hate-to-love romance. :) Thanks for the visit, Greg.

• Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse February 22, 2021 at 11:47 PM

#2 is on my TBR. I can’t wait to read it!

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 1:59 PM

Hope you enjoy “10 Blind Dates,” Deanna. :) As always, thanks for the visit.

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks February 23, 2021 at 12:29 AM

My Lad Jane made me laugh, too. I am making a list of funny books today. I just realized that I hardly ever read funny books and everything right now seems so serious. Here’s my list.

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 2:00 PM

That’s ok! We all like something different. I prefer funny (or more lighthearted reads) but I have Twitter book friends who prefer more serious fiction. Just a difference in reading taste. :) Thanks for the visit, Anne!

• Jess @ Jessticulates February 23, 2021 at 2:34 AM

Great list! I don’t think I’ve seen a single bad review for 10 Blind Dates.

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday | Funny book quotes
    • Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 2:01 PM

Really!? That’s fun! I don’t think I’ve looked up reviews for “10 Blind Dates,” but it’s certainly worth it as as fun read. :) Thanks for the visit.

• Lydia February 23, 2021 at 6:31 AM

I love the title for The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck.

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-made-me-laugh-out-loud/

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 2:03 PM

Right!? It alone gives a good (funny) first impression. :) Thanks for the visit, Lydia.

• Poinsettia February 23, 2021 at 8:14 AM

My Lady Jane is so much fun! It made my list this week, and it was actually the first book that came to mind when I did this topic. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 2:13 PM

I’ve heard GREAT things about “My Lady Jane,” now I just need to make the time to read it. ;) Thanks for the visit!

• Heather Dreith February 23, 2021 at 9:38 AM

Will definitely be checking in to most of these. I just finished a very funny, witty and romantic “box set” of Jane Austen adaptations by Gigi Blume. The set was called Backstage Romance. The first, the Pride and Prejudice adaptation called Love and Loathing, was my favorite, but all four were good. I’ll definitely re-read them. They are set in the world of theater and film and I found that delightful. Blume’s style is witty and her characters are entrancing.

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 2:14 PM

Oooo! The books you just read sound like all kinds of fun, Heather. Glad to know you recommend them; I’m always excited for a good Austen re-telling. :) Thanks for the visit.

• Jo February 23, 2021 at 9:44 AM

I keep hearing such good things about My Lady Jane.

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #304
    • Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 2:16 PM

Same. Now I just need to make the time to read it. Thanks for the visit, Jo! :)

• Stefani Tabakovska February 23, 2021 at 12:49 PM

10 Blind Dates sounds like so much fun! I should check it out :D Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/books-that-made-me-laugh-out-loud/

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 2:19 PM

Definitely! It’s super cute. :) Thanks for the visit, Stefani.

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads February 23, 2021 at 12:54 PM

Ten Blind Dates and Tweet Cute were indeed so funny! I also loved Save The Date and The Tourist Attraction, so hope you’ll enjoy! :)

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 2:19 PM

YAY! I’m hopeful “Tourist Attraction” is something I’ll really enjoy. I’ve been pretty excited about it for a while now. :) Thanks for the visit, Lindsey.

• Ashley S. February 23, 2021 at 2:08 PM

The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck was awesome. Bethany Turner never fails to deliver the laughs. :)

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 2:20 PM

‘Sarah Hollenbeck’ is indeed awesome; I agree. Such a fun read. :) Thanks for the visit, Ashley.

• Brooke Lorren February 23, 2021 at 2:18 PM

Loved Tweet Cute! I’ve heard the Lady Jane books were funny, although I haven’t read any of them.

• Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 2:24 PM

I haven’t read any of the Janie books either, Brooke, but they LOOK hilarious, and like you, I’ve heard they’re funny, too. :) Thanks for the visit.

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer February 26, 2021 at 11:08 AM

I’ve read Save the Date, My Lady Jane, and The Tourist Attraction, and I enjoyed all three! Especially My Lady Jane. Several others are on my tbr! I hope you get to read these three soon! <3

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Made Me LOL
    • Rissi JC March 1, 2021 at 3:33 PM

Thanks, Dedra!! I hope so too. Gotta’ love some good LOL books. :)