WHAT’S IN A NAME? NAMING A CHARACTER IN FUN BOOK TITLES! Sharing some book titles with a character name. All text © Rissi JC

WHAT’S IN A NAME? NAMING A CHARACTER IN FUN BOOK TITLES!

January 31, 2022 26 Comments

Hey, there! Back after a week (or is it two?) off from the book curating list game. Sometimes the topic doesn’t apply to me and other times I just need a break. I waver from LOVING the structure of knowing/having something to publish on a particular day of each week to just wanting to break the pattern. Most of the time I’m a fan of the former but once in a while I “need” that off week. However we’re back with book titles with names in them because doesn’t this sound fun!?

LIST | 15+ OF THE ROMANTIC COMEDY MOVIES TO WATCH
WHAT’S IN A NAME? NAMING A CHARACTER IN FUN BOOK TITLES! #BOOKISH #BOOKNERD #BOOKTWITTER #TOPTENTUESDAY #READER #READERS Click To Tweet

As I think about, without looking, my back list of bookshelf titles, I’m not sure many have a name in them. However as each week I try to only use books on my shelf (why I have this rule I don’t know), I’m going to again use that play book. This often means “repeats” on this sort of list far more often than intended, but you know, stuff happens and we’re just here to have fun with these… so let’s do that!

BOOK TITLES WITH NAMES IN THEM

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: FINLAY DONOVAN IS KILLING IT, ELLE COSIMANO

Just added this one to my shelf. I’d looked at it long ago and despite thinking it sounds as if it could be fun, I never bought it. Finally did and in fact literally just unboxed it in my fresh off the press filmed book haul (should be up on Thursday!). Have you read this mystery about a single mother? Shop on Amazon | Goodreads

2: REBECCA, DAPHNE DU MAURIER

Started this one over a year ago? Set it aside to watch the Netflix adaptation and didn’t pick it up again. Surprisingly what I read I did really enjoy, and anyone who knows my reading likes knows this is a grand departure from norm. Ideally I’d still finish this one but realistically who knows. Shop on Amazon | Goodreads

3: ALWAYS AND FOREVER, LAURA JEAN, JENNY HAN

Always and forever happy to include Lara Jean on any book list. Love her character so much. Shop on Amazon | Goodreads

4: JENNIFER, DEE HENDERSON

Don’t think I’ve ever this this “O’Malley Love Story,” but I did read the O’Malley series and really enjoyed them. Shop on Amazon | Goodreads

5: THE JANE AUSTEN SOCIETY, NATALIE JENNER

Much as I wanted to love this book, I just didn’t. Still, it’s a “me, not you” scenario since everyone and their mother does love this one. Curious, what did you love best about this one? Shop on Amazon | Goodreads

6: STONE, RONIE KENDIG

Haven’t read this one, but it looks quite different from the military fiction I’m used to reading from Kendig. This one follows a human trafficking plot, but still seems to have a grand hero and I’m here for this! Shop on Amazon | Goodreads

7: A BRIDE FOR DONNIGAN, JANETTE OKE

Ah, yes! What a flashback. Read these books years ago, so putting this one on a list is a reader history trip. Shop on Amazon | Goodreads

8: ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS, STEPHANIE PERKINS

Pretty sure this one will have wide and easy appeal for this list. I mean, it’s not only YA Lit famous, but it’s also a cute novel about a girl who attends school in Paris and the band of misfit friends she makes. Shop on Amazon | Goodreads

9: JO & LAURIE, MARGARET STOHL AND MELISSA DE LA CRUZ

I’ve talked about this one more than once. You guys know I like it. We’ll move on. Shop on Amazon | Goodreads

10: HADLEY BECKETT’S NEXT DISH, BETHANY TURNER

Fun, but not a favorite romantic comedy, this one is loved by many making it likely it’s a “me not you” scenario. Hadley is a chef looking to make a go of things in her career and having to deal with the reappearance of an ex-partner. Shop on Amazon | Goodreads

11: SEAN DONOVAN AND SOPHIE’S HEART, LORI WICK

It’s been years since I read a novel by Lori Wick and I often wonder if I’d still enjoy them. But these two have character names in them! One is part of a series that has a kind of western vibe and the other is a contemporary love story between a widower and a woman who unexpectedly walks into his life. The latter is a story that I, at the time, remember loving. Shop Sean Donovan on Amazon | Goodreads | Shop Sophie’s Heart on Amazon | Goodreads

Your turn – as always! Drop all of the books you’ve read form this list below. Do I have to read them or skip past? Which ones did you put on your lists like this? Which big ones am I missing? Comment all the comments below! Let’s chat.

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you for visiting! Please, do come back.

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl February 1: Books with Names/Character Names In the Titles (Submitted by BookLoversBlog and Lucy @ Bookworm Blogger)

• Rahayu February 1, 2022 at 12:27 AM

Whoa.. these are all new to me.. except Always and Forever Lara Jean, which I haven’t read it yet and also Anna and the French Kisses. Well, TTT always gives us a lot of books recommendation around the world

• Bookishallison February 1, 2022 at 1:02 AM

I didn’t even think of Always and Forever Lara Jean!

• Rissi JC February 7, 2022 at 7:25 PM

Always love Lara Jean as a character. YES! Have to love the different books we find visiting all the Top Ten lists. :)

• Mareli @ Elza Reads February 1, 2022 at 1:55 AM

I have only read Rebecca on your list and it’s one of my favorites!

Happy TTT!

Elza Reads

• Rissi JC February 7, 2022 at 7:26 PM

So glad! I fully intend to go read “Rebecca” in full. Just have to make the time. :)

• Marg February 1, 2022 at 2:09 AM

I loved Anna and the French Kiss! Such a lovely book!

• Rissi JC February 7, 2022 at 7:28 PM

Same! It was one of my most favorites at the time. :)

• Stefani February 1, 2022 at 2:35 AM

I’ve been hearing a lot about Finlay Donovan recently. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/30-books-i-want-to-read-before-i-turn-30/

• Rissi JC February 7, 2022 at 7:28 PM

Thanks, Stefani. Happy reading to you as well. :)

• Dini @ dinipandareads February 1, 2022 at 6:09 AM

Great picks! I focused on books that are still on my TBR so Rebecca also made it onto my list 😄 I totally forgot about The Jane Austen Society—I can’t wait to read that one!

• Rissi JC February 7, 2022 at 7:32 PM

Fun. Hope you enjoy “Rebecca” and ‘Jane Austen,’ too! As always, really glad to have you stop by, Dini. :)

• Lydia February 1, 2022 at 6:41 AM

I’ve never read Rebecca. What didn’t you like about it?

• Rissi JC February 7, 2022 at 7:34 PM

I actually did really like “Rebecca.” Or what I read of it. I just set it aside because I was lazy and didn’t want to wait on myself before seeing the Netflix adaptation. After that I never picked it up again. Someday I hope to. :) Hope you enjoy if you decide to read the book, Lydia.

• Carrie @ Reading Is My SuperPower February 1, 2022 at 9:52 AM

always a fun list from you, dear Rissi!

Carrie @ Reading Is My SuperPower recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: A Bunch of Series with Names in the Titles
    • Rissi JC February 7, 2022 at 7:35 PM

Carrie, hi! Thank you as always for the visit. :)

• Brittaney B February 1, 2022 at 10:35 AM

I started the audio version of Rebecca and quickly DNF’d it. I’m also in agreement with you on the Jane Austen Society. I liked it but didn’t love it. Since I just finished reading Stone, I can verify that it’s an addicting read. It’s less than three hundred pages so it’s quick. Although I did feel the ending left quite a few loose ends and the resolution happened too quickly. But I’m guessing it is a set up for future books in the series.

• Rissi JC February 7, 2022 at 7:38 PM

I feel like lots of people don’t like stories like “Rebecca” for a very specific reason. Totally fine. :) I think I see something “happier” than most readers. Sometimes it’s because of words (which I don’t discount) or sometimes if it’s a film, it’s based on how the actor plays the role. Glad I’m not the only one who felt the way I did about ‘Jane Austen.’ I wanted to like it SO much but then when I don’t like the books everyone is gushing over, I often feel it’s a “me” situation since I’m the odd one out. ;) My mom read “Stone” and we didn’t talk a lot about it, but she did like it. I’m for sure curious!! Loved reading your thoughts, Brittaney.

• Angela February 1, 2022 at 11:03 AM

Loved Rebecca, one of my favorite books!

• Rissi JC February 7, 2022 at 7:40 PM

So glad! I enjoyed what I read. Just need to (someday!) go back and finish it. :)

• Astilbe February 1, 2022 at 11:10 AM

Jo & Laurie looks like a good read!

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• Rissi JC February 7, 2022 at 7:44 PM

For sure! One of my most unexpected favorites EVER. :)

• Cindy Davis February 1, 2022 at 2:01 PM

Great list! I forgot about a few of these. Have a great week!

Cindy Davis recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Character Names
    • Rissi JC February 7, 2022 at 7:48 PM

Thanks, Cindy – you too. Hope you have a great new (this) week. :)

• […] LIST | WHAT’S IN A NAME? NAMING A CHARACTER IN FUN BOOK TITLES! […]

• Lauren @ Always Me February 1, 2022 at 9:42 PM

How did I forget to add Rebecca to my list? Great ideas!

Lauren @ Always me

• Rissi JC February 7, 2022 at 7:49 PM

I have this reaction way too often when I hop around to the Top Ten lists. :)