DYNAMIC DUOS! SEVEN FUN AND FAVORITE CHARACTER DUOS. Sharing a few dynamic character duos. Just for fun! All text is © Rissi JC

DYNAMIC DUOS! SEVEN FUN AND FAVORITE CHARACTER DUOS

February 22, 2022 31 Comments

When it comes to making lists, I’ve either got more ideas than I know how to organize and put together. Or I’m in this struggle phase that goes bust and doesn’t work. However, at the last minute, I’m rushing to put together something curated because I have this odd personality quirk that is hard to let something go if it feels like a “to-do” task. Thus today there’s a list of dynamic character duos from books, or at least they originated in books.

NETFLIX REVIEW | ‘THE WOMAN IN THE HOUSE ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE GIRL IN THE WINDOW’
DYNAMIC DUOS! SEVEN FUN AND FAVORITE CHARACTER DUOS #TOPTENTUESDAY #BOOKS #BOOKCHARACTERS #ELIZBETHBENNET #HAWKEYE #BLACKWIDOW PEGGYCARTER #AGENTCARTER Click To Tweet

You see, the reason I’m saying they “originate” in books is because most of these characters are not people I’ve met in books. Instead they are characters I only know from TV or film because while I do make it a rule, more recently, to try and read a book before seeing the film, once upon a time I never did that. So, this is where we’re at; in a place where I know and love some dynamic duos from literature but haven’t actually met them on the pages. Still, there good characters so let’s move on.

DYNAMIC CHARACTER DUOS FROM BOOKS

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: ELIZABETH & JANE BENNET

We love a good sister duo! These two are great and certainly memorable characters we love. Find film digitally on Amazon | Add book on Goodreads

2: PEGGY CARTER & JARVIS

Technically these two aren’t from a book per se, but they are comic book characters, so I’m making these two from Agent Carter (former ABC show) work. Plus, is there any crime-fighting duo cooler than these two? Find the show digitally on Amazon

3: GIL GRISSOM & SARA SIDLE

Love these two from CSI. (And yes, I realize they have no connection to a book.) Sadly, we don’t see them together too often on screen in a personal sense, but I love them as teammates and as teammates. Of course their story isn’t over, it’s just that I’m still “in progress” watching this. Find show digitally on Amazon

4: SHERLOCK HOLMES & JOHN WATSON

Never read the books, but I’ve seen the BBC series and of course, do enjoy the RDJ feature adaptations, too. They’re great characters and despite Sherlock’s brash manner, we still like him. Find the BBC series digitally on Amazon | Add book on Goodreads

5: NATASHA ROMANAFF & CLINT BARTON
Top Ten Tuesday November 27 | DYNAMIC DUOS! SEVEN FUN AND FAVORITE CHARACTER DUOS. Sharing a few dynamic character duos from books. Just for fun! All text is © Rissi JC

These two aren’t a team in the sense that they make up the whole of the Avengers, but they are paired off a lot, where their friendship in the Avengers world grows, and I love how easy-going their friendship is. Find film digitally on Amazon

6: ANNE SHIRLEY AND DIANA BERRY
Top Ten Tuesday November 27

We love a good bestie duo, and Anne and Diana are among the very best. I’d also add Anne and Gilbert, too! Those two are dynamic and we love ‘em so much. Find film (DVD) on Amazon | Add book on Goodreads

7: OLIVER QUEEN AND FELICITY SMOAK
2020 tv ships

Not many die hard Olicity shippers around anymore, but I’m not one of them. Last I saw them (which was in the third season or so), I still adore these two both as members of Team Arrow, fighting-for-the-good against villains, and as a couple. If there is a fault line in their coupling, this lies directly on the doorstep of the writers. I would also point to Oliver and Diggle as a great duo, too! I love their friendship even their tougher times. Find show digitally on Amazon

What about you? Who are your favorite dynamic duos in fiction? Do you know them from the books or do you, like me, rarely read the books they’re from? Do you root for any of these? Which ones make your lists? Comment all the comments below. Let’s chat.

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland. Please, do come back soon.

• Michael @ The Book Lover's Sanctuary February 22, 2022 at 2:28 AM

Aww Oliver and Felicity! Loved them in the first couple of series… less so later on.
    These are the character duos that I loved and found dynamic!

• Rissi JC March 14, 2022 at 12:36 PM

Ugh! That’s never fun when characters disappoint later on. I have that feeling a lot with shows too. Sometimes change can be for the better though. Sorry Oliver and Felicity disappoint. I cannot remember when I stopped watching, but someday I’d like to wrap up the seasons. Thanks for visiting, Michael.

• Mareli @ Elza Reads February 22, 2022 at 5:43 AM

Anne and Diana yes! They were bossom friends you know… Sherlock and Watson very almost made my list too, but then I’ve decided to rather go with twins in literature.

Happy TTT!

• Rissi JC March 14, 2022 at 12:38 PM

YES! We love a good character duo and Anne and Diana are some of the best. :) Thanks so much for the visit.

• Lydia February 22, 2022 at 6:19 AM

Anne and Diana are the perfect pick!

Lydia recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Dynamic Duos
    • Rissi JC March 14, 2022 at 12:38 PM

YES! They’re classic. :)

• ShootingStarsMag February 22, 2022 at 8:12 AM

I ADORE Sherlock and Watson in the BBC Sherlock series. So good.

Lauren

• Rissi JC March 14, 2022 at 12:45 PM

Same! They’re the best.

• Brittaney B February 22, 2022 at 8:25 AM

Anne and Diana made my list today too!

• Rissi JC March 14, 2022 at 12:45 PM

They are the best! Such good friends even when they annoy each other. :)

• Cholla February 22, 2022 at 9:35 AM

I loved the original CSI! Also, Sherlock and Watson are my favorite. <3

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday . Thank you!

• Rissi JC March 14, 2022 at 12:46 PM

I’m still currently in progress watching CSI for the first time, but it’s really good. :)

• Mervi February 22, 2022 at 12:30 PM

I loved Oliver and Felicity when they were together, but not when the writers tore them apart. Instead, I love the relationships on the Flash: Barry and Iris, Barry and Cisco, Cisco and Caitlin, and of course Barry and Joe.

The relationship between Clint and Natasha in the Marvel movies is very interesting and much more nuanced than in the comics, where they had a romance and when it fell apart they’re just teammates.

I loved Agent Carter and was very disappointed when it was canceled. Jarvis and Peggy make a great team.

• Rissi JC March 14, 2022 at 12:54 PM

I really liked the relationship and bond between Barry and Joe. I haven’t watched The Flash in YEARS, but when I did, they were two of my favorites. I loved Oliver and Felicity what I saw (still need to go back and watch the rest of Arrow), but I was so sad about what writers do based on the spoilers I read through the years. Always sad when writer’s do that.

Same. I wish Agent Carter was still around. Such a good little show. :)

• Mervi March 14, 2022 at 3:08 PM

“Oo, really!? I don’t think I got the impression of romance in the Marvel movies with Natasha and Clint, but that IS interesting!”

No, sorry. Only the comics have a romance between Natasha and Clint. In the Marvel movies, they are best friends, without a romance. I actually prefer the movie version of their relationship.

• Rissi JC March 14, 2022 at 3:30 PM

Right. Totally meant that you don’t get a romance-y feel in the movies, but it’s super interesting that the comics present that. :D Not that I’d have minded if the films went that way because I do love a good romance. ;) Natasha seems to be a character the writer’s aren’t sure who to possibly pair with early on. She has these moments with Clint, Steve and eventually Bruce. It’s interesting for sure.

• Cindy Davis February 22, 2022 at 1:44 PM

You have some great picks on your list! I LOVED watching CSI and was so sad when it ended. I never got into any of the spin-offs. I couldn’t think very well along these lines so I tweaked the topic this week.

• Rissi JC March 14, 2022 at 12:59 PM

I actually watched CSI: NY first a few years ago. It’s only been recently I started to watch the original for the first time. I’m quite enjoying it though. :)

• Cindy Davis March 14, 2022 at 3:35 PM

That’s awesome. I may have to try CSI: NY someday!

Cindy Davis recently posted: Laurel's Dream
        • Rissi JC March 14, 2022 at 4:57 PM

If you do, let me know what you think. :)

• Jo February 22, 2022 at 2:28 PM

Yes, Holmes and Watson are a classic duo! I was so sad that Agent Carter was cancelled so early, it seemed to have so much more promise.

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #356
    • Rissi JC March 14, 2022 at 12:59 PM

Right!? I agree, Jo; Agent Carter was a really good one. Why do they always cancel the best ones!? Thanks so much for the visit!

• Rosina @ Lace and Dagger Books February 22, 2022 at 3:34 PM

This definitely would have been easier if I’d included duos from other media. I love Clint and Natasha too!

• Rissi JC March 14, 2022 at 1:04 PM

Sometimes we just have to go outside the book rules. :) Thanks so much for visiting, Rosina!

• Laura February 22, 2022 at 6:03 PM

Oh my gosh! So many amazing duos! All really great shows! Here’s my list: https://www.literacious.com/2022/02/22/top-ten-tuesday-dynamic-duos/

• Rissi JC March 14, 2022 at 1:09 PM

We love a good amazing duo. :) Thanks for the visit, Laura.

• Rae @HerSerialLife February 23, 2022 at 1:57 PM

What a fun take on dynamic duos, I love it! I miss Oliver & Felicity so much…!

Rae @HerSerialLife recently posted: Top 10 books I read with the best dynamic duos | #TTT
    • Rissi JC March 14, 2022 at 1:13 PM

Same, Rae. I still need to go back and finishing watching “Arrow.” Someday! Thanks for visiting.

• RS @ The Idealistic Daydream February 28, 2022 at 12:40 AM

GSR, represent!! I haven’t watched the show since season 13 was airing, but I look forward to one day hopping ahead to the revival so I can Bask. They came along at just the right time to pretty much permanently impress a fondness for age-difference relationships in my fiction (as well as anything that we’d now consider a power imbalance, which can be tricky to find because we condemn boss/employee relationships in real life — with good reason — but also… *gestures impatiently* LOOK AT THEM.)

RS @ The Idealistic Daydream recently posted: Top Ten Book Twins (Part II)
    • Rissi JC March 14, 2022 at 1:21 PM

For sure love those two! They’re some of my favorites, but also… I really like most everyone on that show. I think I’m on season 12 or 13 right now. First time I’ve watched this show but I’m also curious about the revival. :) Thanks so much for visiting. :)

• […] LIST | DYNAMIC DUOS! SEVEN FUN AND FAVORITE CHARACTER DUOS […]