It’s Friday so we have our Pop Culture News Edition Twenty-Four drumroll here and ready. Because why not end the week on some silly pop stories that maybe will make us laugh or as is sometimes the case, to roll our eyes.
This go-round there is TV news (ALWAYS), a pop culture reunion we all love and controversy about… hard work? Like, dude, how did we get here? Working hard is controversial!? Huh. Let’s read on and see what other stories we can dig up!
POP CULTURE NEWS EDITION TWENTY-FOUR
1: HULU NEW SERIES
Hulu has a new series called Career Opportunities in Murder and Mayhem, featuring Mandy Patinkin (from Homeland), the series sounds as though it could be trying to jump off of the success fellow Hulu series ‘Only Murders’ has enjoyed. The quick, and brief line of description reads, in part, as follows: “Patinkin will star as Rufus Cotesworth, the world’s once-greatest detective, who aims to discover the truth at all costs alongside his protégée.”
2: JESS RETURNS TO TVPOP CULTURE NEWS EDITION 24: IMDB TV SHOWS, RAZZLES + HARD WORK? #POPCULTURE #CULTURE #IMDBTV #JENNIFERGARNER #HILARYDUFF Click To Tweet
For anyone who adored Jess from Gilmore Girls and later This is Us, you might like to see this. Milo Ventimiglia is to star in a new ABC pilot as a con man who falls for a CIA agent! The official synopsis (at this date) reads: “A night of passion leads to love between con man Charlie (Ventimiglia) and undercover CIA officer Emma, who are unknowingly on a collision course professionally. While Charlie ramps up the ‘family business’ so he can get out for good, Emma’s closing in on the vengeful criminal who holds Charlie’s family debts in-hand — forcing them to reckon with the lies they’ve told so they can save themselves and their families from disastrous consequences.”
What do we think?
3: PUT IN THE WORK, DARLING
I’m honestly not sure if I’ve said this before or not, but I’m no fan of the Kardashian clan. This is true both in that I don’t follow their lives/careers nor do I find the snippets I do see about them fascinating. However, recently Kim Kardashian is in the controversial news again because she recently made comments in a Variety interview saying you have to get your “f-ing a** up and do the work.” She also says that ‘It seems like nobody wants to work these days’ and you have to surround yourself with people who also love to work and what they do, further saying “no toxic work environment.” I agree with her in that NO ONE WANTS TO WORK and it’s stripping our society of good attributes.
Working teaches us so much, and developing a GOOD work ethic is full of positive lessons too. While it may not always be easy, I think her statements about toxic work environments do have validity. However I feel like we also live in a society where someone like me may see something as a nuisance, others would claim as being toxic. We also live, sadly, in an age of crying wolf too often.
4: WESTERNS MAKING A COMEBACK?
Not only is CW developing a Walker origin story TV show (which I talked of before) that will follow Abigail Walker, a woman from the East who loses her husband while travelling west. BUT now IMDb TV has announced they’ve picked up a ½ hour western that is described as a “period comedy.”
The plot says it will follow Polly, “a high-society young woman in the 1800s who travels out West in search of a husband — only to discover that she has been catfished by a teenage boy.” Sounds like it could be fun.
- If you’re really into Instagram, you are likely one of the 1.5 million people who liked this photo Jennifer Garner posted of she and Mark Ruffalo. Presumably from the set of their new Netflix film, The Adam Project, she captioned the post “13 Going on 30 Reunion,” in part. Photo: Jennifer Garner Instagram
- The AMAs were this past week, and earlier this week we shared some of the fashion. Did you see any red carpet looks you liked?
- Netflix renews and cancels Never Have I Ever. The show will be back for a fourth, and final year. Are you sad or do you feel this will be a good way to wrap things?
- After Demi Lovato stepped down as lead star from her EP led series ½-hour comedy Hungry, Ariel Winter has been cast.
- Speaking of NBC’s upcoming Hungry pilot, the network also made news by cancelling Ordinary Joe.
- Could Hilary Duff possibly be making new music? In a recent interview promoting her new and recently renewed How I Met Your Father TV show, the topic of music came up. Her last album released in 2015, and after sharing how busy she is and that motherhood is so important to her, Duff, in part said, “I’m getting a little tired of listening to the old stuff. So I don’t know. I think that it’s bubbling and I haven’t started yet … but it’s maybe … it’s in the works.” Also, speaking of News about Duff, she also recently in an interview mentioned Lizzie McGuire! According to a New York Post article she said “I don’t love to talk about this because the internet seems to explode whenever Lizzie stuff is brought up, but it’s not dead and it’s not alive. I think there’s always a possibility there.” She goes on saying, “It’s always going to be somewhat interesting to people to see where she ended up.“
Did you see any of these stories catch your eye this week? Do you agree or disagree? Which stories did you read about this week? Comment all of your comments below! Let’s chat.
PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE
Thank you for visiting! Please, do come back soon.