Hey, there! It’s Friday, we have arrived and of course, to accompany that in this small space we have our usual “pop culture news edition thirty-two” because why not end the week with some stories in the pop culture-y world? It’s sometimes a struggle to find some that I think is interesting or worth mentioning and this week has been one of those weeks.POP CULTURE NEWS EDITION THIRTY-TWO: CAST FOR A SEQUEL TV SHOW + A TEEN HEARTHROB’S FAITH #CHADMICHAELMURRAY #JUSTIFIED #HALLMARK #HALLMARKIES #POPCULTURE #CULTURE Click To Tweet
Despite this and any petty complaining I may do, I still go on the search to find stories because that’s what we do – and one never knows! You may find something you didn’t expect. So, let’s discover together what’s making a few (or lots?) headlines from the week.
POP CULTURE NEWS EDITION THIRTY-TWO
1: CASTING COMES TO DETROIT
A while back we talked about the sequel series to the FX series Justified which will see the return of Justified’s primary character Raylan Givens. The show starts with marshal Raylan still in Miami (which is where the final episode saw him) who is taken to Detroit to work on a case. The show doesn’t look to feature prior Justified characters outside Raylan however a whole slew of cast has been announced in the last week. This cast list will include Aunjanue Ellis; Marin Ireland; Boyd Holbrook; Adelaide Clemens; Norbert Leo Butz; Vondie Curtis-Hall; and Victor Williams. Finally Vivian Olyphant who is star Timothy Olyphant’s daughter will also be playing daughter to his Raylan Givens.
The book also reportedly doesn’t feature Raylan’s character so this will be promoting a little different plot.
2: FORMER TEEN HEARTHROB IS A CHRISTIAN
Sometimes you read about the stars of Hallmark films who are super selective about the roles they take because of their faith. I’ve read this or similar things about people like Alexa PenaVega or Candace Cameron Bure. However, one star I didn’t know this about is Chad Michael Murray. An article recently appeared where he says he “I stick to the things I believe in” and that over 22 years, things have come across his desk but that if it’s something “that I don’t necessarily feel is what I believe or what I’m selling — then that’s not for me.”
He further said, in a Fox interview, “I get up every day and I put that spiritual armor on, read the Bible and do some devotionals and then get ready to go to work,” and that he and his wife who share two children, “keep the pack together” promoting a traditional lifestyle. It was super interesting to read and made me like him more.
3: SUMMER IS (ALMOST) HERE
The trailer for Jenny Han’s The Summer I Turned Pretty dropped. Set to debut on Prime in June, the series follows a girl caught up in a love triangle with the two boys she grew up with (the sons of her mother’s best friend). The video doesn’t give much away but fans of Taylor Swift will love to hear her latest 1989 drop ‘This Love (Taylor’s Version)’.
- Described as a “romantic comedy,” instead of ABC this summer, the series Maggie will drop all of its episodes on Hulu July 6. The show follows the titular character as a woman who can see the future and eventually when she starts to see snippets of her own life, things get “complicated.”
- If you’re into true crime or just following real-life crime stories, Lifetime is poised to adapt The Gaby Petito Story with Thora Birch directing and playing a role as well.
- There’s more Hallmark deals going on. This time it’s for Luke McFarlane who has signed a multi-picture deal. Next up, he’ll appear on the network in June.
- Peacock (the NBC streaming service) has cancelled Saved by the Bell, the revival only had two seasons. Did you guys watch this? I never did.
- If you like CBS’ The Equalizer, you’re in luck! It has not one but two additional season renewals.
- In MORE TV news, CW is bringing back more The Waltons revival after their remake of The Waltons: Homecoming. This time it will be a Thanksgiving episode and will air in November with Bellamy Young returning and Richard Thomas, who I guess narrates the films.
- Ben Feldman and Missi Pyle join Rachael Leigh Cook in a new Netflix romance called A Tourist’s Guide to Love. No word on its release yet, but filming just began in April so I suspect it’ll be a while yet.
- NBC has ordered the Quantum Leap reboot to series. Will you watch?
- One of my comfort favorites Sweet Magnolias got a third season order from Netflix – and this reminds me, I still have to watch the second season!
Your turn, as usual. Which of these stories interest you? Did you see any through the week? Which ones did you find more interesting or which ones hadn’t you seen before today? Did you know that about Chad Michael Murray? Are you a Justified fan? Comment all the comments! Let’s chat.
PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE
Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland; please do come back soon.