When Friday hits around here, we try to take a mostly lighthearted approach content and look at some of the culture-y or pop culture news that made the rounds. There some OK stories this week and some that feel silly. But again, that’s part of the goal… so let’s have fun with that. Pop culture news edition thirty-seven
LIFESTYLE | THE GOOD, BAD & COLORFUL TRENDS OF SUMMER 2022POP CULTURE NEWS EDITION THIRTY-SEVEN: THE WEEKLY ROUND-UP #BRADPITT #POPCULTURE #CULTURE #CALLMEKAT #THESUMMERITURNEDPRETTY #AMAZONPRIME #CHANNINGTATUM #ANGELINAJOLIE Click To Tweet
So I’m not really sure of everything we’ll find since I have most of my “research” to do yet. However I always hope to find some interesting stories that aren’t terribly politically charged. Although to be honest, nearly everything today is political, largely due to the outcry social media makes. But I digress. It’s Friday. We’re ready to have some fun and look at some of the stories that apply to that rule of thumb. Here we go. Let’s jump in.
POP CULTURE NEWS EDITION THIRTY-SEVEN
1: ANOTHER SHOWRUNNER SHAKE-UP
Do you watch the comedy Call me Kat? Based on the British comedy Miranda, the show follows a 40-year-old woman running her own business whose mother consistently tries to set her up. Turns out the show’s showrunner, Alissa Neubauer is leaving after only one season in that role. About to return (this fall) for its third season, the show will now have its third showrunner in its very short run. Maria Ferrari will take on that role who, reports say, previously worked with series star Mayim Bialik on another project. Joining her will also be Jim Patterson
2: MR. SMITH V. MRS. SMITH
Could art imitate life? Brad Pitt has, reportedly, filed a lawsuit against Angelina Jolie over “intentionally” harming their vineyard according to papers. It goes on to say that she sold her half to “inflict harm” presumably much of this ties into their ongoing divorce battles. Additionally, this all comes in the wake of Johnny Depp’s successful trial against Amber Heard. Now the question becomes, could their turn as the bitter rivals Mr. and Mrs. Smith (in that film) play out in a courtroom? Honestly I don’t care for either one of them but I do like some of the films they’ve been in.
- Amazon Prime will debut its period dramedy about the Peaches (aka their A League of their Own adaptation) this summer. It has an official date of August 12
- Ahead of its June 17 premiere, also with Prime, Amazon has renewed The Summer I Turned Pretty for a second season. For those who’ve read the books, what do you hope season one covers?
- Channing Tatum recently made remarks about the daughter he and ex-wife Jenna Dewan share. He says that he and Jenna have always “met eye to eye” in regards to daughter Everly following in their footsteps. Neither of them wants her to be in Hollywood as a child and until she’s eighteen, they want her to enjoy her childhood and not be in any kind of spotlight. Have to say, I respect this and good parenting.
- There’s a planned upcoming biopic about Madonna’s early career days and so far, Julia Garner seems to be the favorite – even by Madonna! Would you watch this?
- During an event honoring her, Julie Andrews interviews turned to The Princess Diaries and in response to being asked if there could be a third installment, she replied, “I think it would be too late to do it now.” Sad as this sounds, I’d guess she’s right. The only thing we could see in the someday near future is a re-make.
Ok, your turn! Did you see any of these? Did any make you happy, sad or annoyed? What do you think of the possible Pitt vs. Jolie outcome? Comment all the comments. Let’s chat.
Thank you for visiting; please do come back soon.