Anytime Mother’s Day rolls around, for most of us, there’s always that last minute dash of deciding what to do or what gift to wrap for her. For me this doesn’t mean not caring, but rather here’s how it goes down. 3-4 weeks out from Mother’s Day I’ve got it together and am all “oh, I need to make a card and put together some of my mother’s favorite things!” Next thing I know, we’re a week out and it’s that mad, last-minute dash to make a card (I still haven’t) and finish gathering her favorite things for a little Mother’s Day gift box. This then leads me to our now, and some fun things to do with mom.💐20 SIMPLE THINGS YOU CAN DO FOR OR WITH YOUR MOM FOR MOTHER’S DAY💐 #MOTHERSDAY #IDEAS #GIFTIDEAS #FUNTHINGS #20THINGS #ACTIVITIES #THINGSTODO Click To Tweet
Everyone likes something different when it comes to Mother’s Day. I’ve heard people say they want to spend it away from their kids. I’ve seen women wanting to be pampered. Then there’s the mothers like mine who request or want nothing but to spend the day with family and still, somehow, manages to do a great deal of work. Despite her being someone who likes no fuss, I have to take this moment to shout her out because she’s a special person who is also an important part of my life. So… thank you, mom… for your patience, hard work, listening, and love. You’re the best.
As we are approaching Mother’s Day, we’re going to compile a list of 20 things (or make a run at it) of things, some simple, some requiring more planning, you can perhaps plan or put together to help in celebrating your mom.
FUN THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH MOM
- AT HOME MANICURE find all the gel nail things (base, color, topcoat) on places like Amazon, and do each other’s nails sans using phones.
- ATTEND a SHOW if you have a playhouse or some local company putting on a show, consider getting tickets. Plays and shows can be a really good time especially if the show (story) is good to begin with.
- BOOKSTORE SHOPPING with COFFEE and CONVERSATION if you both or mom likes books, spend the day or take a day trip to the closest local bookstores and chat about your favorite or current reads.
- DO THE LAUNDRY (FOR THE DAY) sometimes this can be a nice thing for mom not to have to keep up with.
- GARDEN with HER if mom loves to plant flowers, bring over some plants and spend the day outdoors planting pretty things.
- GIFT HER A JOURNAL if she likes journaling, find a nice journal, and write ten things you love about her on the first page.
- GO to an ART SHOW if you like art or just enjoy appreciating other people’s art.
- GO to a MUSEUM because sometimes there’s cool things to see.
- GO to the BEACH for the day, only don’t forget all the proper accessories like a fun floppy hat!
- HAVE a MOVIE MARATHON this is fun if you both enjoy movies or just have new movies to catch up on.
- HIKING and CONVERSATION if mom likes nature, find a pretty trail, leave the cell phones behind and enjoy conversation.
- MAKE HER FAVORITE DESSERT which is something I have done off and on through the years.
- MAKE DINNER FOR MOM and give her your attention for dinner conversation.
- PUT ASIDE THE PHONE and enjoy the conversation and connection for a day. Sometimes that’s all mom wants. (Are you sensing the theme here? *smile*)
- SEE a MOVIE OUTDOORS because if you both enjoy movies, this can be a fun way to enjoy one.
- SPEND the DAY CRAFTING if she enjoys creating things, find a project and spend the day doing it together.
- SURPRISE her by taking her to a class; what does she enjoy? Dancing? Art? Yoga? Cooking? Spend one day doing some activity she enjoys with her.
- TAKE a DAY TRIP if you have something cool close enough like an experience or a small concert or a cool spa.
- TAKE her to the FARMER’S MARKET if you enjoy spending time together and she likes to cook, this is, from what I hear, a great place to find good quality things.
- TREAT her to a SPA DAY but only if she enjoys being pampered!
- WALK AROUND DOWNTOWN if you live close enough to a downtown area that has neat shops or just a cool atmosphere, and mom likes shopping, consider making a day out of it and walk through local shops.
Whatever you decide to do, make sure you’re doing it with each other and having conversation. Society lacks human interactions and sometimes, whether we recognize this, that’s a small step towards changing or challenging something. Plus, if you’re like me, you may be surprised how much good conversation. fun things to do with mom
What about you? What sorts of things do you and your mom or best friend or mother figure enjoy? Would you pick any of these fun things to do with mom? Which ones would you throw out? What would you add? Comment below. Let’s keep the ideas going.
PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE
Thank you for visiting; please return again soon