8 New Releases I’m On the Fence About | Top Ten Tuesday

February 4, 2019 24 Comments

8 New Releases I’m On the Fence About | Top Ten Tuesday

February 4, 2019 24 Comments
Top Ten Tuesday February 5

Hello, and happy Tuesday, readers and friends! Today’s Top Ten Tuesday February 5 is a unique topic (and fun!) that is actually a lot more difficult to put together than one might suspect.

That Artsy Reader Girl | Top Ten Tuesday February 5: Upcoming Releases I’m On the Fence About (these are the books you need help deciding if they’re worth adding to your TBR or not.)

Instead of ten, I decided to go with only eight to lessen the “burden” of coming up with that extra two titles. (#Lazy #BookBlogger.) I’ll be honest, I’m often swayed by a “pretty face.” So if a book’s design is striking (which is always our first impression of a story), I’m more likely to pick it up. That said, in the last 3 years (or so), I’ve tried to learn and understand what I like (genre, style). This year, I’ve also made a re-commitment to learn more about my favorites when it comes to books and reading.

I don’t see myself changing my book buying habits in the near future (meaning I’ll still buy them); but I do want to ensure (as best I can) that what I buy will be a “me” read.

With that said, let’s jump into today’s list, and discover together what I’m on the fence about.

Top Ten Tuesday February 5

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

Top Ten Tuesday February 5

1: The Hummingbird Dagger by Cindy Antsey (April) | This one really does sound like fun, but since I read so little YA historical, I’m skeptical that I’d actually read it. Amazon | Goodreads

2: The Beauty of the Moment by Tanaz Bhathena (February 26) | Don’t know much about this one, but given that I’ve seen it around on lists, etc., it sounds like something I’d enjoy. Amazon | Goodreads

3: Hope and Other Punchlines by Julie Buxbaum (May) | I really liked Julie’s What to Say Next, so when I saw a new novel with her name, I was curious. Though I think the plot sounds really interesting, I’m also wondering if I’ll like the bittersweet plot it seems to hold. Amazon | Goodreads

4: Tell Me Everything by Sarah Enni (February 26) | This is another one I know zippo about. I only recently saw it on a list, which is why I looked it up. Sounds emotional which is what makes me “iffy.” Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday February 5

5: Call it What You Want by Brigid Kemmerer (June) | Let’s be honest, this one caught my eye because of the Taylor Swift tune. #Truth. But it does sound like it may have an interesting, complex story. The “iffy” question is really more whether or not I’ll feel like a moody contemporary. Also, I’ve never read one of Brigid’s books. Amazon | Goodreads

6: Again, But Better by Christine Riccio (May) | I feel like this is one I’ll buy regardless because it’s so cool to know a booktuber is publishing a book. The only reason this book is on this particular list is because the synopsis is really vague. I’m hopeful I’ll adore this one though. Amazon | Goodreads

7: Virtually Yours by Sarvenaz Tash (June) | Oh, look! Another book I know virtually nothing about. Hence the reason it’s on my “iffy” list today. Still, it’s a contemporary romance, so I’m curious. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday February 5

8: If I’m Being Honest by Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broka (April) | This one sounds really cute, but since Emily and Austin’s Always Never Yours isn’t a five-star favorite, I’m a bit leery. That said, I am sure I’ll read this one at some point. Amazon | Goodreads

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE

*video publishes Tuesday afternoon; channel linked above

New #TopTen Tuesday meme fun! 8 New Releases I’m On the Fence About | Top Ten Tuesday February 5 Click To Tweet

Tell me, what upcoming books are YOU on the fence about? Or are you like me, and tend to be swayed by a “pretty face”!? Should I add any of these to my shelf? Share all the thoughts below! I’d love to chat with you.

If you joined Top Ten Tuesday – or have a blog, please introduce yourself below. I’d be glad to visit your bookish spaces, too.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Greg February 4, 2019 at 11:24 pm

The Julie Buxbaum caught my eye since it seems like I’ve heard good things about her books. Plus that title sounds like a lot of fun anyway! :)

• Rissi JC February 4, 2019 at 11:27 pm

I’ve only read one of Julie’s books so far, but I quite liked it. Here’s hoping this new one is equally good. :)

Thanks for the visit, Greg!

• Melanie Parker February 4, 2019 at 11:38 pm

I have the arc of Christine’s book but I’m pretty nervous about reading it. I want to like it. I really want to read The Hummingbird Dagger.

• Rissi February 4, 2019 at 11:57 pm

I really want to read (and like!) Christine’s book as well, Melanie; let me know if you do read it, and what ya’ think. Thanks for the visit. :)

• Chrissi Reads February 4, 2019 at 11:44 pm

Oh my goodness, Rissi! I can see so many books on here that I’m intrigued by. Let’s hope they live up to expectations.

• Rissi February 4, 2019 at 11:58 pm

Same. I’m hopeful I’ll end up liking all of these, Chrissi. Thanks so much – as always, for making Finding Wonderland a Top Ten Tuesday stop. :)

• Niamh @ nuggets of niamh February 4, 2019 at 11:51 pm

Again, But Better is one that I’m super interested in, not just because it’s by Christine but also because it’s set during college. There aren’t enough YA books with older protagonists! I’m definitely more inclined to pick up a book with a “prettier” cover but there are so many gorgeous ones around at the moment – it’s not healthy for my bank balance!

Niamh @ nuggets of niamh recently posted: Upcoming releases I'm unsure about // Top Ten Tuesday
    • Rissi February 5, 2019 at 12:02 am

I love the idea that Again, But Better is a college set novel. Makes it stand out a bit more. Hope we both enjoy Christine’s. Also, thanks! Glad I’m not the only one who is a pretty-cover-buyer. Although, I know what you mean when it comes to all the extra we spend to feed this habit. It’s trouble. ;) Thanks for the visit, Niamh!

• Lydia February 5, 2019 at 7:26 am

I’m curious about Call It What You Want, too.

This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

• Poinsettia February 5, 2019 at 9:20 am

I like the sound of The Hummingbird Dagger! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• Kayleigh February 5, 2019 at 10:56 am

The Hummingbird Dagger is one of my most anticipated releases of the year!
    I have all of Cindy Antsey’s books so far and have loved them.
    Her books are a great mix of Jane Austen and things like Keeping the Castle and I Capture the Castle.

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense February 5, 2019 at 3:06 pm

None of these are on my TBR, but I do like the sound of The Beauty of the Moment. Hope you enjoy any of the ones you decide to stick with.

• Brooke Lorren February 5, 2019 at 3:41 pm

I haven’t read Always Never Yours, although it sounded interesting. That book sounds interesting too. Some of these books sound interesting, but there are so many books out there that who knows when I’ll be able to get to the ones that merely “sound interesting” you know?

Brooke Lorren recently posted: Books That Have Been on My TBR the Longest
  • Cheryl Malandrinos February 5, 2019 at 5:23 pm

As you already know, If I’m Being Honest made my list too. I might give The Hummingbird Dagger a shot, because I love historical novels. I don’t think YA historical is that big of a genre, either.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

• Lauren @ Always Me February 8, 2019 at 5:31 pm

The Hummingbird Dagger sounds like it could be right up my alley. :)

Lauren @ Always Me