10 OF MY MOST RECENT READS (AKA, LET’S RECOMMEND SOME BOOKS!). Sharing ten of my recent reads! What have you been reading? Text © Rissi JC

10 OF MY MOST RECENT READS (AKA, LET’S RECOMMEND SOME BOOKS!)

May 3, 2021 25 Comments

Like I document time and again, I am a slow reader and for the past 7 months or so, it’s been worse. I know why this is (too much TV binging), and right now I’m learning to be okay with this. I’m even writing a post about being this kind of reader. Regardless, today we get to look at ten recent reads that went on my “read” stack.

LIST | 16 ROMANCE MOVIES ABOUT FALLING IN LOVE THROUGH LETTERS

These 10 reads are all pretty different. There’s some historical and contemporary, plus YA, too. Needless to say, while contemporary is my #1 go-to, I do have a few others I enjoy as well. Let’s meet these ten reads!

10 OF MY MOST RECENT READS

10 OF MY MOST RECENT READS (AKA, LET’S RECOMMEND SOME BOOKS!) #BookLove #Readers #Bloggers #TopTenTuesday Click To Tweet

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: TWELVE DATES OF CHRISTMAS, JENNY BAYLISS

A woman tries to find true love by going on twelve dates, only to find love may be closer than she thinks. Still not the secular season read I was hoping for (I haven’t found it among any I’ve read), this is one of the better ones; plus it’s set in England! Amazon | Goodreads

2: JO & LAURIE, MELISSA DE LA CRUZ & MARGARET STOHL

Reimagines the Little Women story in an alternative universe (after Jo publishes part one of her novel) where Laurie’s love may not be quite so unthinkable. Charming, romantic and thoroughly entertaining, this is THE YA historical I didn’t know I needed. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

3: CHASING SECRETS, LYNETTE EASON

A woman, whose past is tragic, must fight back when an old family enemy tries to destroy her remaining family. The final novel in Eason’s ‘Elite Guardians,’ Haley’s story is fast with hints of romance, too. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

4: ALWAYS AND FOREVER, LARA JEAN, JENNY HAN

The conclusion of Lara Jean’s love letters cumulates with prom, a family vacation and a senior trip, all while the question of a long-distance relationship looms. One of THE sweetest YA novels with a romance I can support. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

5: IN A FAR-OFF LAND, STEPHANIE LANDSEM

Intrigue, secrets and 1930s Hollywood is the components that make up this novel; a dazzling and page-turning novel of intrigue and forgiveness. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

6: NEW YEARS KISS, LEE MATTHEWS

A girl who is sent to stay with her grandmother finds herself and maybe love for New Year’s Eve! Fun and full of cute festive cheer, this one makes me smile! Bookshop.org | Goodreads

7: PUDGE & PREJUDICE, ALISON K. PITTMAN

A teenager in the 80s moves and meets an obnoxious student who happens to be the best friend of the boy her sister falls in love with. A cute little Pride and Prejudice re-telling, this one is a fun read. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

8: WHEN TWILIGHT BREAKS, SARAH SUNDIN

At the risk of her own safety, a woman reporter fights against the wrong mentality in WWII Germany. Well written with expert craft, this is another winning, albeit heavy, historical novel from Sundin. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

9: LET IT BE ME, BECKY WADE

A man is interested in a kind-hearted teacher whom he comes to realize is the same woman his best friend is silently crushing on. This one is a bit of a “cheat” in that I’m still reading this one, but so far, it’s sweet, and as it’s Becky Wade, I have zero doubt it’ll be good. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

10: IS IT ANY WONDER, COURTNEY WALSH

Two best friends end up back on Nantucket just before their shared thirtieth birthday and their promise to each other. With its cover art, and Nantucket setting, this is pretty much an ideal beach read. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

What would make your most recent list of “read” books? Were they good or bad? Have you read any of these; did you like them? Comment all of your thoughts below!

Thank you for visiting! Come back soon.

PINTERST PIN

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl May 4: My Ten Most Recent Reads (maybe share a one-sentence review to go with?)

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks May 3, 2021 at 11:29 PM

I love the idea of Jo and Lauire in an alternative universe. Do they get together? My TTT last ten books

• Rissi JC May 10, 2021 at 10:11 PM

It’s always fun to read a book with characters in an alternate kind of story, and Jo & Laurie is like the historical novel I didn’t know I needed! And yes, they do! It’s such a sweet romance. :) Thanks for visiting, Anne.

• Greg May 4, 2021 at 12:55 AM

I like a good Christmas read at times, even if it’s not Christmas! :) These all look like a lot of fun.

• Rissi JC May 10, 2021 at 10:10 PM

Fun! I usually only read Christmas at Christmas or in the fall, but if you read this one, let me know what you think. :)

• Jess @ Jessticulates May 4, 2021 at 4:32 AM

Great list! When Twilight Breaks sounds really interesting.

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: #WyrdAndWonder Top Ten Tuesday | My recent fantasy reads
    • Rissi JC May 10, 2021 at 10:06 PM

‘Twilight’ is a FABULOUS read, Jess!

• Lydia May 4, 2021 at 5:57 AM

I’m so glad you liked Jo & Laurie. I’ve been curious about that one. :)

• Rissi JC May 10, 2021 at 10:06 PM

It’s just a lovely, almost “relaxing” kind of YA novel. And I loved that! Thanks for the visit, Lydia. :)

• Angela May 4, 2021 at 6:38 AM

I love Pride & Prejudice retellings, so I’ll have to check out Pudge & Prejudice!

• Rissi JC May 10, 2021 at 10:05 PM

YAY! Let me know what you think when you do, Angela!

• Danielle Grandinetti May 4, 2021 at 8:29 AM

I can’t wait to read Let it Be Me!

Here’s my TTT post: https://wp.me/po307-1OV

• Rissi JC May 10, 2021 at 10:01 PM

SAME! I haven’t made any progress in the book yet, but I’m eager to read more. :)

• Astilbe May 4, 2021 at 9:03 AM

It sounds like I need to read When Twilight Breaks.

• Rissi JC May 10, 2021 at 10:00 PM

It’s a FABULOUS read! Hope you enjoy if you read it. :)

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads May 4, 2021 at 12:47 PM

Twelve Dates of Christmas is on my TBR, glad to hear you enjoyed it! And the Lara Jean books are always great :)

• Rissi JC May 10, 2021 at 10:00 PM

YES! Lara Jean’s books are always sweet and fun and ideal. Hope you enjoy ‘Twelve Dates.’ Let me know what you think if you get the chance to read it. Appreciate your visit, Lindsey, as always. :)

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer May 4, 2021 at 5:28 PM

I shared in my TTT that I watched more than I read in April, too. :) I adored Always and Forever, Lara Jean! It was my favorite of the series. Pudge and Prejudice is on my tbr. I’m happy to see you enjoyed it. Great post!

• Rissi JC May 10, 2021 at 9:59 PM

YAY for LJ and Peter; their story is always my favorite. Also, Pudge and Prejudice is pretty dang cute (let me know what you think) and I feel you on that TV binge. :D Thanks for the visit, Dedra!

PS: I think I’ve said this before, but just to let you know, for some reason when I visit your website, I cannot comment. That’s why I haven’t been visiting your website. :/

• Allison @ BookishAllison May 4, 2021 at 11:05 PM

Always and Forever Lara Jean is such a good book! It is the perfect way to wrap up such a fun series. I hope you enjoy! :)

• Rissi JC May 10, 2021 at 9:57 PM

I 100% agree, Allison! While I’d always love more of LJ and Peter, I’m always pleased that this is their end. :) Thanks for the visit!

• Brooke Lorren May 4, 2021 at 11:49 PM

I haven’t read as many books lately either. I did like Jo & Laurie; that one I listened to via audiobook.

• Rissi JC May 10, 2021 at 9:54 PM

I thought “Jo & Laurie” was so sweet! Definitely one I’d like to give a re-read someday. :) Thanks for the visit, Brooke.

• Stefani Tabakovska May 5, 2021 at 6:26 AM

Well, I haven’t really read any of these but you had me fooled for a second I kept reading Pride and Prejudice there. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/my-ten-most-recent-reads/

• Rissi JC May 10, 2021 at 9:52 PM

Funny how when something is so famous we cannot reconcile a different (but similar) name, right!? :) Thanks for the visit, Stefani.

• […] LIST | 10 OF MY MOST RECENT READS (AKA, LET’S RECOMMEND SOME BOOKS!) […]