Bookish and Life Things I’m the Most Grateful For

November 26, 2019 32 Comments

Hello, readers and friends. Welcome to Finding Wonderland, and a little list of bookish life things I’m grateful for.

As we rush towards Thanksgiving, like I do each year, I think about all of the many things I have to be grateful for. But in the hustle of our daily lives, I think we tend to forget about the things we do have to be thankful for; and golly, we have a lot.

How I Decorate: A Simple and Sparkling Décor Guide

From the places we love, to the books we read, and the people in our lives who never give up, the list seems endless, and yet, these are the important things we so often misplace or forget. Today, on this eve (of an eve) of Thanksgiving, a time of reflection and to remember these many things, we share a small (but sincere) list of the people and things I’m grateful for.

Bookish and Life Things I’m the Most Grateful For

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: [The Talents of] Authors

As a bookworm, it should come as no surprise that authors would be on a reader’s list. Without their creativity, hard work and patience, would we have as much fun as we do? I think not.

2: [Bookshelves of] Books

I mean, really, as a reader, is the addition of books (which really could go under ‘authors’) this really a surprise? Whether I have ten or 100, I’m grateful to have a collection of books in which to adventure.

3: Community of Book Bloggers

This community is amazing. I know I’ve read that there’s drama sometimes, but I feel fortunate that the people who share their bookish excitement or comment on a discussion post published here don’t seem interested in that scene. Instead, we’re all just a group of readers who love to talk all the bookish and fangirl things. Even if it sounds odd, I’ve learned so very much from this blogging journey, and best of all, “met” so many amazing people.

4: [Here’s to] You

This ties into the third thing on the list, but really, I am so very thankful for everyone who reads this little space, and takes the time to visit, comment and share their thoughts – thank you for hanging out here.

5: [It’s all in the] Simple Things

I’m not sure if it’s silly or not, but it’s the everyday, simple – and yes, silly, things that I sometimes find the best smiles in, though to say I’m thankful for them is perhaps not the best use of the word. Either way, after a day (you know we all have them), I love things like Hallmark movies, my favorite cup of mocha (using this term lightly since I kind of make up my own thing), a favorite song (I have a thing for music recently), a good laugh, feeling happy with a writing project, new nails, or just a Netflix binge, I’m learning and enjoying the joys that is in the everyday, simple things.

6: [Land of] Freedom

I’m so grateful for my home. I’m so grateful to live where I can make a choices, even ones like . And most of all for the people who fight to keep this land safe.

7: [Last but Not Least] Family

I know I don’t tell them often, but I cannot express how thankful I am for my family. They put up with my quirks and love me unconditionally. It’s something I never have to question because of the values they instilled in me as a child, and now the ways they love me through good, and bad days; encourage creative pursuits; offer advice; and in general, just put up with me. *grin*

That Artsy Reader GirlNovember 26: Thankful Freebie (Linking up with Top Ten Tuesday)

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE

*no Top Ten Tuesday video this week; channel linked above

YOUR TURN! What things or which people in your life are you most grateful for? Did you create a list? If so, how did you create it; books that you’re thankful for? People? Or the places, people and things that you’re grateful for? I want to read all the thoughts! If you have a blog or joined in the Top Ten Tuesday meme, leave your links below. It may take me an entire week, but I’d love to come by and visit your bookish spaces.

Book and Life Things I'm the Most Grateful For: Top Ten Tuesday November 26. Talking about a FEW of the things I'm most thankful for. #BookLove #Bookish #BookNerd #TopTenTuesday #Grateful Click To Tweet
Book and Life Things I'm the Most Grateful For: Top Ten Tuesday November 26. Talking about a FEW of the things I'm most thankful for. Text © Rissi JC

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer November 26, 2019 at 12:40 am

Life really is about the simple things, isn’t it? That’s where the best things come from. :)

Great post! Here’s my TTT

• Rissi JC November 30, 2019 at 3:11 pm

It is indeed – and well said, it’s in these simple moments the best things come from. :) Thanks for the visit, Dedra.

• Greg November 26, 2019 at 1:01 am

Family, freedom, books, and the blogging community… all your picks though are fantastic. So true! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

• Rissi JC November 30, 2019 at 3:14 pm

Indeed; gotta’ love this bookworm community. Thanks for the visit, Greg – and same to you. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

• Jess @ Jessticulates November 26, 2019 at 5:08 am

Great list! I agree, the book community is so friendly and welcoming – it’s definitely one of the nicest online communities to be part of.

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday | Thank You for the Music
    • Rissi JC November 30, 2019 at 3:15 pm

It definitely is, and I love this. Makes it all the more fun to hang out here. :) Thanks for the visit, Jess.

• Lydia November 26, 2019 at 6:33 am

I love the simple things in life, too.

My TTT.

• Rissi JC November 30, 2019 at 3:16 pm

They’re the best things in life. :) Thanks for the visit, Lydia.

• Jessica Baker November 26, 2019 at 7:10 am

We really do have so much to be thankful for!! But like you said, we need to be thankful of the little things too. I think sometimes I forget.

PS – I love Hallmark movies too, but I don’t think my daughter is thankful for them ;)

• Rissi JC November 30, 2019 at 3:33 pm

YES! SO much. I think in our day to day lives we forget this, so it’s always nice to reflect. :)

YAY for Hallmark. ;) They’re just so much fun. Appreciate the visit, Jessica.

• Megan Oneail November 26, 2019 at 7:53 am

I am endlessly grateful for bookshelves full of books :) :)

• Rissi JC November 30, 2019 at 3:34 pm

Same. They’re the best. :) Appreciate you visiting, Megan.

• Susan (Bloggin' 'bout Books) November 26, 2019 at 9:12 am

When you really take time to evaluate the goodness in your life, it’s amazing how many blessings you can find! All of the “little” things – family, friends, community, health, freedom, etc. – are really so BIG when you think about it :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

• Rissi JC November 30, 2019 at 3:40 pm

YES! So well said. :) Thanks so much for the visit, Susan – and same to you. Hope you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving.

• Cholla November 26, 2019 at 9:55 am

This is an amazing list. Especially #5. Someone once asked me what the most romantic thing my husband ever did for me was and I couldn’t answer them. Why? Because he’s constantly doing little things for me. They’re never anything big or dramatic, but they matter more to me than flowers or diamonds. But, I’m weird, too, so… :)

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Rissi JC November 30, 2019 at 3:41 pm

Aww, that’s not unusual at all. I love that story. It’s all about the little things in life. We sometimes take those and the things we have to be grateful for granted. It’s always nice to reflect on all of these things. :) Thanks for the visit. :)

• Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse November 26, 2019 at 10:06 am

I love this list! I am grateful for so many things on it. I don’t know what I would do without talented authors.

• Rissi JC November 30, 2019 at 3:48 pm

SAME! Where would we be without the talent of authors? Their imagination is amazing! :) Thanks for the visit, Deanna.

• Meaghan Gerard November 26, 2019 at 10:37 am

I’m also grateful for finding the blogging community.

• Rissi JC November 30, 2019 at 3:49 pm

SAME! It’s the best. :) Thanks for the visit, Meaghan.

• Lisa Mandina (Lisa Loves Literature) November 26, 2019 at 11:55 am

Awesome post! So many things that are similar to my list. You can see mine in the link below!

Lisa Mandina (Lisa Loves Literature) recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Thankful Freebie
    • Rissi JC November 30, 2019 at 3:51 pm

Thanks, Lisa. It was fun to put together. :) Appreciate your visit.

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense November 26, 2019 at 12:22 pm

I’m so glad I could be a part of this community and like you, I have learned so much from so many amazing people. Happy Thanksgiving!

• Rissi JC November 30, 2019 at 4:03 pm

SAME! It’s one amazing place. :) Thanks so much for the visit, Alicia – and same to you. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

• Nikki @The Nigh is Dark and Full of Books November 27, 2019 at 5:57 am

Authors are the best! It’s so important to acknowledge all their hard work. Sometimes we all just get so worked up about the books themselves, that we don’t even think about the authors writing them. Also the community is so amazing. The best part of having a book blog is all these lovely, supportive people to interact with! :)

Nikki @The Nigh is Dark and Full of Books recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #18 || Book Bloggers I’m Thankful to
    • Rissi JC December 3, 2019 at 12:38 pm

Right? I agree – and it is important. :) Ditto. This community is pretty cool. Gotta’ love all the fun bookish conversation we have with everyone. Appreciate your visit, Nikki. Thanks!

• Aj @ Read All The Things! November 27, 2019 at 9:55 am

I love the book blogging community. I didn’t have bookish friends before I started my blog. I was alone with my book obsession. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

• Rissi JC December 3, 2019 at 12:41 pm

So glad you’ve met some great bookish friends here, Aj. That’s the best. :) Hope you too had a great Thanksgiving, and as always, thanks for the visit.

• Brooke Lorren November 27, 2019 at 1:16 pm

I need to just sign my name to the end of this post because I agree with everything you wrote here. Happy Thanksgiving!

• Rissi JC December 3, 2019 at 12:41 pm

So many things to be grateful for. :) Thanks for the visit, Brooke.

• Jessica at Booked J November 27, 2019 at 4:17 pm

I am so happy you have these things to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you have a wonderful week!

• Rissi JC December 3, 2019 at 12:42 pm

So many great things to be thankful for. :) Appreciate your visit, Jessica – and you too. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.