A New Season and a Fun Winter To-Be-Read Plan

December 16, 2019 28 Comments

Hello, readers and friends. Welcome to another lisicicle (is this still a thing?). This go round, it’s all about those seasonal TBRs, specifically, the winter to-be-read novels that are in my reading plans.

Thanks to publishers, I have quite a few ARCs, so instead of looking at the new books coming or picking books from my bookshelf (a bookish habit I wish to return to), I’m featuring the said ARCs. For me, it’s these that should receive priority. This is why I’m trying to limit myself to those on this TBR in the hopes I’ll read them, and perhaps (for once!) accomplish reading all of the books on a seasonal TBR. Of course, if I manage to read one or two others in-between “work” reading, I won’t complain.

Let’s take a closer look.

A New Season and a Fun Winter To-Be-Read Plan: Winter TBR 2019

winter TBR

1: We Met in December by Rosie Curtis

Really I don’t see myself getting this one in the “read” column of 2019, but I still have reader dreams to do so. Still this one is a personal buy, so it doesn’t have priority status. Amazon | Goodreads

2: The Solid Grounds Coffee Company (February 2020) Carla Laureano

CANNOT WAIT to read the third (and final, I think) novel in Carla’s ‘Supper Club’ novels. They’ve been such a pleasant surprise. Amazon | Goodreads

3: The Map from Here to There (January 2020) by Emery Lord

Why I haven’t read this yet I cannot explain; SO excited to return to the lives of these characters. Amazon | Goodreads

4: Tweet Cute (January 2020) by Emma Lord

I’ve actually started this one, but had to put it aside to read some Christmas-y reads for a read-a-thon I joined. It’s quite charming, and fun to read something by a new-to-me author. Amazon | Goodreads

5: Finding Mr-Better-Than-You (January 2020) by Shani Petroff

Read my first novel by Shani earlier this fall titled My New Crush Gave to Me. Needless to say, given how fun it was, I anticipate reading something else from this author. Amazon | Goodreads

6: Seconds to Live by Susan Sleeman

This one has intrigued me since the moment I saw the cover. Thanks to the publisher, I have a copy, and am quite eager to read it. UPDATE: This is also my current “active,” #AmReading book. Amazon | Goodreads

7: How to Speak Boy (January 2020) by Tiana Smith

This one sounds really fun and cute, but beyond this, I know little of it. Amazon | Goodreads

8: Royally Yours (Novella Collection) by Melissa Tagg, Betsey St. Amant, Liz Johnson and Katie Clark

Ok, so this is a personal purchase, but I’ve read the first two (of four) novellas in this collection and I’m eager to return to its charming world. Hoping that I’ll still enjoy them despite the fact I won’t get them read by Christmas. Amazon | Goodreads

9: If For Any Reason (February 2020) by Courtney Walsh

I read about 20-40 pages of this one earlier this  month before I “had” to set it aside to read seasonal books in the spirit of the season and for blog article “research.” I look forward to returning to this one because it seems like a lovely little story full of escapism. Amazon | Goodreads

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE

*no Top Ten Tuesday video this week; channel linked above

That Artsy Reader Girl December 17: Winter TBR (*Linking up with)

Here we go; it’s YOUR TURN! What made your new winter TBR!? Are you planning to read all the new releases? Or do you plan to read books from your bookshelf? Comment down below with all the bookish thoughts. If you have a blog or joined in the Top Ten Tuesday meme, leave your links below. It may take me an entire week, but I’d love to come by and visit your bookish spaces.

A New Season and a Fun Winter To-Be-Read Plan: Winter TBR! What's on your #amreading winter 2019 #TBR?? Come by and share! #TopTenTuesday #BookNerd Click To Tweet
A New Season and a Fun Winter To-Be-Read Plan. Talking new seasonal (winter TBR) reading plans. What do you want to read? Text © Rissi JC

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Brooke Lorren December 17, 2019 at 2:19 am

I have a Tweet Cute ARC so I’m looking forward to reading it. My Winter TBR is a mixture of new books and books I picked from the TBR lottery.

Brooke Lorren recently posted: ABC Book Challenge – X
    • Rissi JC December 17, 2019 at 12:33 pm

It’s really cute so far. Haven’t finished it yet, but I’m hopeful. :) Enjoy your winter TBR – and that sounds like a fun way to make a plan. Thanks so much for the visit, Brooke.

• Rissi JC December 17, 2019 at 1:32 pm

Thanks for the visit.

• Jess @ Jessticulates December 17, 2019 at 5:24 am

Great list! I feel like I keep seeing Tweet Cute everywhere – I’ll have to check it out. Happy reading!

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday | My Winter 2019 TBR!
    • Rissi JC December 17, 2019 at 1:32 pm

It’s crazy cute (so far). Hopefully I’ll get back to it in the next 10 days or so. :) Appreciate your visit, Jess.

• Astilbe December 17, 2019 at 6:23 am

How to Speak Boy does sound interesting.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• Rissi JC December 17, 2019 at 1:33 pm

Doesn’t it? Gotta’ love a unique contemporary. :) Appreciate your visit.

• patrick prescott December 17, 2019 at 8:06 am

Not familiar with any of them. Enjoy them over the winter while trying to stay warm. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2019/12/ttt-winter-tbr-list.html

• Rissi JC December 17, 2019 at 1:33 pm

Thanks! I certainly hope to. Appreciate you visiting.

• Lydia December 17, 2019 at 8:15 am

Tweet Cute has been on a few lists this week. I hope you like it once you get back to it.

My TTT.

• Rissi JC December 17, 2019 at 1:39 pm

It’s so sweet, and thanks, Lydia. I hope so too. :) Appreciate your visit.

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer December 17, 2019 at 9:47 am

I’m feeling like the only one who hasn’t picked up We Met in December. I’m thinking maybe I’ll save it for December 2020. ;) Happy Reading!

• Rissi JC December 17, 2019 at 1:43 pm

I haven’t picked it up to read yet, Dedra, but am HOPING I’ll start it in December, and read the bulk of it in January. I mean, after all, who says Christmas has to be over immediately after December 25!? ;) I relate SO much to holding off on reading seasonal reads until the next one. It’s a choice I’m quite familiar with. Thanks so much for the visit.

• Kathy Garza December 17, 2019 at 10:03 am

Merry Christmas Rissi. Great list of reads!

• Rissi JC December 17, 2019 at 1:50 pm

And to you as well, Kathy. :) Thanks for stopping by.

• Heidi Robbins December 17, 2019 at 11:42 am

You have some great picks! My main goal is to get caught up on writing reviews for the books I read over Thanksgiving. I’ll be reading When I Come Home Again by Jenifer Rodewald, An Uncommon Woman by Laura Frantz, The Way of the Brave by Susan May Warren, and Powerplay by Heather B. Moore. I’m sure I’ll be sneaking in some Christmas novellas as well ;)

• Rissi JC December 17, 2019 at 1:53 pm

Good for you! I have some reviews I too need to write, but alas, as of yet, I haven’t managed it. Someday I must read all of the Susan May Warren novels I haven’t read. At least, that’s the goal. *fingers crossed* Oh, and yes! I too am all about sneaking in some seasonal reads. :) Appreciate your visit, Heidi.

• Louise December 17, 2019 at 11:51 am

Tweet Cute sounds adorable! I’ll have to add it to my list :)

Louise recently posted: My Winter 2019/20 TBR ❄️
    • Rissi JC December 17, 2019 at 1:54 pm

Right? Sounds SO cute methinks. :) Appreciate your visit, Louise.

• Krystianna December 17, 2019 at 1:24 pm

Great list! Tweet Cute sounds so good but I still haven’t gotten around to reading it either. :/
    Krystianna @ Volumes and Voyages

Krystianna recently posted: Top Ten Books on My Winter TBR List
    • Rissi JC December 17, 2019 at 2:08 pm

Hopefully I finish it soon, and you find it as good as it sounds, Krystianna. :) Thanks so much for the visit.

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense December 17, 2019 at 2:17 pm

Tweet Cute was a really enjoyable read and I’m sure you will enjoy it when you return to it.

• Rissi JC December 19, 2019 at 3:07 pm

SO glad to know this, Alicia. I’m definitely most curious to (finish) read this one. :) Appreciate your visit.

• Angela December 17, 2019 at 7:17 pm

I asked my library to buy We Met in December, so now I’m just waiting for it to come in!

• Dini @ dinipandareads December 18, 2019 at 2:40 am

Great list of books, Rissi! I hope that you enjoy all of them 😍Finding Mr. Better-Than-You sounds awesome (and I just heard about her other book from another TTT post I just read lol) . Tweet Cute is high up on my want list and I can’t wait for it! Happy reading :)

My TTT post

• Nicole @ Nicole's Novel Reads December 20, 2019 at 10:43 am

I am currently reading The Map from Here to There and I am enjoying it so far. I loved The Start of Me and You and I was super ecstatic when I found out Emery was writing a sequel. I hope you enjoy all the books on your Winter TBR list. Happy holidays!

• Rissi JC December 30, 2019 at 6:40 pm

OHMYGOSH!!! I have this one on my TBR, and cannot believe I haven’t picked it up yet. It sounds like SO much fun. Here’s hoping I accomplish reading this one soon. Thanks for the visit, Nicole; hope you had a very merry Christmas. :)