January 9, 2018 37 Comments

Hello fellow Top Ten Tuesday-ers and readers. Today marks the end of something. Something the bookworm book blogger world has been able enjoy for these past seven years. Before we talk about what this is, let’s have a look at the official topic from Broke and Bookish January 9: Ten Books We Meant To Read In 2017 But Didn’t Get To (and totallyyyy plan to get to in 2018!!)

Eight Books from 2017 I *Really* Meant to Read and Instead Allowed to Gather DUST!! Talking books I meant to read in 2017. © Rissi JC

Today’s bittersweet. Today is the last Broke and Bookish Top Ten Tuesday. After seven years, the ladies at the bookish haven have chosen to close their blog. Fortunately for those of us who so enjoy this meme and have fond memories from our time participating, Jana (one of the Broke and Bookish ladies) of That Artsy Reader Girl has decided to carry the meme over to her  personal blog.

To the ladies of Broke and Bookish, thank you for creating and hosting this meme for these many years. It’s been a lovely place to meet new bloggers and bookworms to say nothing of the fact it’s a darn fun meme. Thank you Jana for taking Top Ten Tuesday. We’re glad to have you continue the tradition. We’ll look forward to January 16th’s topic and our first Top Ten Tuesday with That Artsy Reader Girl!

Speaking specifically about today’s topic, we’re taking a look at those books we really meant to read in 2017, but alas did not. I suspect I could talk about a great deal more than seven, but since it’s 2017, I though picking seven was a good a place as any to hit “stop” on.   Let’s have a look.

BOOKS I MEANT TO READ IN 2017 (BUT DIDN’T)

1. The One, the Heir and the Crown by Kiera Cass | Why I haven’t finished these novels is a mystery. I so enjoyed The Selection and find them to be really entertaining stories; plus they’re my kind of tailor-made kind of guilty pleasure reads. The One: Amazon | Goodreads; The Heir: Amazon | Goodreads; The Crown: Amazon | Goodreads

2. Murder on the Moor and Death at Thorburn Hall by Julianna Deering | Julianna’s novels are always delightful. Sadly I haven’t read ‘Moor’ yet and because I’m a turtle reader, I will have to skip ahead and read ‘Thorburn’ next. Still, the former is on my 2018 reading list. Murder on the Moor:Amazon | Goodreads; Death at Thorburn Hall: Amazon | Goodreads

3. Chasing Secrets by Lynette Eason | Completing Lynette’s dynamic Elite Guardian series is something of a must for me. Hopefully sooner in 2018 rather than later. Amazon | Goodreads

Eight Books from 2017 I *Really* Meant to Read and Instead Allowed to Gather DUST!! #TopTenTuesday #FWarchives Click To Tweet

4. Wait for Me by Caroline Leech | As I’ve read very little YA historical, this book really interests me! Add in the fact that the story also sounds interesting, and of course, I’m making this one a 2018 priority. Amazon | Goodreads5. The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord | I remember being so stoked to have Emery’s new book on my shelf. Though I didn’t get it read in 2017, that excitement remains. Amazon | Goodreads

6. When Tides Turn by Sarah Sundin | Reading Sarah’s 2017 release was something I had the best of intentions to read in 2017. Sadly, I did not accomplish this. Amazon | Goodreads 7. Just Look Up by Courtney Walsh | Yet another book I had every good intention of reading in 2017. But on the plus side, it’ll be another fabulous book I can enjoy in 2018. Amazon | Goodreads

8. P.S. I Like You by Kasie West | 2017 is the year I discovered Kasie West novels, and I look forward to discovering more of her books in 2018. This one being high among them. Amazon | Goodreads

Ps; to everyone who visited last week’s Top Ten Tuesday, and left comments… thank you. Life happens, and unfortunately I didn’t get replies to them any sooner than today.  As always, I read and enjoyed each one; thanks for your continued comments,
and to those of you who have been a longtime Finding Wonderland reader, thank you for your support.

These are a few of the 2017 releases I meant to read in 2017. Tell me about the books you fully meant to read in 2017, but never did. I’d love to learn more about them (and perhaps discover more to add to my 2018 TBR. A TBR I suspect is going to spiral out of hand – rapidly.   Leave your Top Ten Tuesday links below. It will probably take me a week before I swing by to visit, but I look forward to discovering your lists and the books you meant to read in 2017.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

• Lauren Stoolfire January 9, 2018 at 5:12 AM

I should really try more of the Drew Farthering books. Happy reading, Rissi!

• Rissi January 9, 2018 at 5:24 AM

They're SO fun, Lauren – and thanks!! You too. Appreciate you stopping by. :)

• Anonymous January 9, 2018 at 5:42 AM

Wait For Me is such a good read. I enjoyed it! I hope you like these books when you get around to them.

• Rissi January 9, 2018 at 6:49 AM

I'm so glad, Chrissi! It's one I'm really excited to (someday) read, so hearing it's good makes me all the more excited. :)

Thanks, as always, for visiting.

• Greg January 9, 2018 at 8:01 AM

Chasing Secrets looks good, I should look into that series. And I always like to see the Julianna deering books, it always reminds me I need to get back on track with that series!

• Rissi January 13, 2018 at 3:51 AM

Doesn't it? I really liked Lynette's previous books in this series, so I'm hopeful this too is amazing. :)

I'm reading the newest book in Julianna's series now and as one would expect, it's fabulous.

Thanks for visiting, Greg.

• Georgiana Teglas January 9, 2018 at 10:38 AM

I have heard some mixed things about the Selection series and I am a bit worried that the main character is annoying, but they do look like some guilty pleasure books. Good luck with your reading plans for 2018!

Beauty Nerd

• Rissi January 13, 2018 at 3:54 AM

America… can be a bit annoying (The Selection). BUT they are such fun books I forgive her her wavering on the guy she wants to ultimately chose. That's the annoyance for me. :D

Thanks so much for stopping by, as always.

• Beckie B. January 9, 2018 at 12:49 PM

I share a couple on your list. My reading eyes are bigger than my reading time!

• Rissi January 13, 2018 at 3:55 AM

Same, Beckie – glad we're not alone. :)

Appreciate you visiting!

• Ronyell (a.k.a. Rabbitearsblog) January 9, 2018 at 1:57 PM

Awesome list! I need to read the Sun is also a Star soon!

Here’s my TTT!

Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

• Rissi January 13, 2018 at 3:55 AM

Fun! Here's hoping we can both read and enjoy 'Sun' this year. :)

Appreciate you visiting.

• Jess @ Jessticulates January 9, 2018 at 2:20 PM

Great list! I think I might have to check Wait for Me out, it sounds very interesting. Hope you manage to get to all of these in 2018!

• Rissi January 13, 2018 at 4:03 AM

Thanks, Jess – me too! And Wait for Me is definitely high on my must-read list. :)

Appreciate you stopping by.

• Poinsettia January 9, 2018 at 2:54 PM

I haven't read any of these, but I'm definitely going to be looking some of them up. My tbr list is just getting longer and longer! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• Rissi January 13, 2018 at 4:06 AM

Mine is too – and it'll only continue to grow as the months of 2018 pass. :)

Thanks so much for visiting.

• Brittaney January 9, 2018 at 4:07 PM

Ooh, I forgot to add the Drew Farthering books to my list this week. I'm so far behind on those.

• Rissi January 13, 2018 at 4:07 AM

I still have to read the one immediately prior to this just-released title, Brittaney, but knowing I wouldn't have the time, I'll confess: I skipped it. For now! That's one I'll have to return to read at some point since I do love these characters. :)

Thanks so much for visiting!

• Hanne T January 9, 2018 at 7:08 PM

Keira Cass is on my TBR, but I haven't read any of her work. The two by Julianna Deering also look rather intriguing–I'll have to check those out!

• Rissi January 13, 2018 at 4:08 AM

Kiera's books are so fun, Hanne! Hope if/when you read them, you enjoy. Same with Julianna's books. They're great historical mysteries. :)

Glad you stopped by.

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads January 9, 2018 at 7:11 PM

I think PS I Like You is my favorite Kasie West so far, so I hope you'll enjoy it! I still have her two latest books to read so I'll get on that in 2018 :) Oh, and I still need the read The Heir and The Crown as well. Hope you'll get to all these in 2018, Rissi!

• Rissi January 13, 2018 at 4:11 AM

Thanks, Lindsey – me too! I have a feeling I will most definitely enjoy 'PS.' I have Kasie's just-released book from Harper and am excited about her story releasing this summer too. Anytime her name is on the cover, I take a closer look. :)

YAY! Here's hoping we both read those final 'Selection' books in 2018.

Glad to have you stop by, Lindsey!! :)

• Captivated Reader January 9, 2018 at 7:30 PM

Nice list of books!! I hope you read them all in 2018!! Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/01/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-meant-to.html

• Rissi January 13, 2018 at 4:18 AM

Thanks. Me too. :)

Appreciate you visiting.

• Jo @ Booklover Book Reviews January 10, 2018 at 1:29 AM

Oh dear, reading all these great lists is just adding to my reading wishlist. Julianna Deering's titles sound right up my alley – off to investigate further :)

• Rissi January 13, 2018 at 4:20 AM

I know the feeling, Jo… I do hope if you do read Julianna's that you find them as lovely as I do. They're fabulous stories. :)

Thanks so much for visiting.

• AJ Sterkel January 10, 2018 at 2:57 AM

I hope you get a chance to read all these!

Aj @ Read All The Things!

• Rissi January 13, 2018 at 4:22 AM

Thanks, AJ. Me too.

Appreciate you visiting. :)

• Shannon/ It Starts at Midnight January 10, 2018 at 3:04 AM

I need to read The Names They Gave Us and Every Sun a Star, too! They're both on my "must read soon" bookshelf hah. I really liked Wait for Me, so I hope you do, too! Hope you get to read all these soon!

• Rissi January 13, 2018 at 4:24 AM

*wipes brow* I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read these super popular books… yet. Thanks, Shannon. :)

YAY! Glad to see some good words for Wait for Me. I haven't read much about this one (either way) but am interested in reading more YA historical. This one seems a great place to start.

Appreciate you visiting, Shannon.

• Alicia AKernelofNonsense January 10, 2018 at 3:57 AM

I'm going to take the opportunity to praise The Sun Is Also a Star whenever I can. I loved that book so much. Nicola Yoon made me believe in this story so much. P.S. I Like You is probably my favorite Kasie West book. I hope you enjoy both!

• Rissi January 13, 2018 at 4:26 AM

YAYYAYYAY! I welcome you praising it, Alicia. Makes me all the more excited – and think I should move it to the top of my must-read-ASAP books. :)

Wonderful. 'PS' needs to join 'Sun' then.

As always, glad to have you stop by! :)

• Andréa Lane January 11, 2018 at 4:29 PM

WOW! Somehow your list of 7 books just added about 17 to my goodreads list. You have good taste in books ;)

• Rissi January 13, 2018 at 4:27 AM

I know this feeling all too well, Andrea. Part of visiting other's amazing blogs usually causes me to come away with new books to order/add to my TBR. It's one of those #BookwormProblems, right?? :)

Thanks so much for visiting!

• Amanda Holmes January 12, 2018 at 4:44 AM

I actually finished Sarah's book just this past week! It was a little slower paced, but I still enjoyed it.
    Kasie's is a must!
    I actually just picked up Wait for Me from the library.:)

• Rissi January 13, 2018 at 4:28 AM

So glad to hear this, Amanda – for both Sarah's and Kasie's. Looking forward to discovering the stories inside both of these.

Cool. Let me know what you think of Wait for Me. :)

Appreciate you visiting!

• […] The One, The Heir and The Crown by Kiera Cass | Yes, I realize (again) I recently featured these books on a Top Ten Tuesday, but that doesn’t change the fact that these are books I’d really like to read. Especially […]