Bon Voyage! Let’s Take a Book Trip Around the World

March 27, 2018 32 Comments

Most of the locales we’re about to visit with today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic would require a passport. But fortunately, when it’s done in bookworm style, all we need is a little imagination. So let’s take a book trip around the world 2018 edition.

That Artsy Reader Girl March 27: Books That Take Place In Another Country

Bon Voyage! Let’s Take a Book Trip Around the World. Sharing seven books that take us on an adventure. Text © Rissi JC

(This post does contain affiliate links, which means – at no extra cost to you, I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through a link. Read the disclosure page for details.)

There are so many amazing places books and their respective authors visit. Not only that, but unless we’re talking Panem or The Glade, most of the places leave their reader wanting to visit. Or that’s what a good book does. Today we’re taking a little trip around the world which fortunately only requires a touch of imagination. Below are ten such stories that can take us on
an imaginative journey.

The books I’ve collected below (which only number to seven this week) consist of books that while they a. have a place on my bookshelf or b. are “armchair adventures” I’d really like to read, they aren’t books I have read. Where is this reasoning coming from? Well, from the future schedule that asks us to talk about the books that awaken the travel bug in us. Ergo, that seemed like the better topic to chat about the stories I have read that awakens the armchair adventurer in me.  Here we go… let’s go adventuring, shall we?

Book Trip Around the World 2018 Edition

1: The Heir and the Spare by Emily Albright | This has been a novel I’ve been curious about for quite some time. I’m so not a real-life royal aficionado, but when it comes to fiction or TV movies (hey, Hallmark Channel!), I’m all about a good royal romance. This one sounds cute – and is the only one not on my bookshelf. Amazon | Goodreads

2: Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey | Ah, 19th century London. What an interesting place this would be to visit! Although if I’m being honest, I don’t think I’d want to live in this world. But in this world where spies and lies collide (complete with some Jane Austen vibes mayhap?!), I might be willing to join the excitement. Amazon | Goodreads

3: Romancing the Throne by Nadine Jolie Courtney | Another “royal” story. Only this one is contemporary, though it does still take place across the pond in Sussex. This one sounds really fun with its reality TV story twist. Amazon | Goodreads

4: Wanderlost by Jen Malone | A European bus tour sounds like an interesting “place” for a novel to take us. Plus, this story just sounds adorable – and after months (years?!) of saying I’d like to read this novel, perhaps I finally will this spring. Amazon | Goodreads

5:  Wish You Were Italian by Kristin Rae | …and here we have another one that’s been on my list for way way too long. But it also looks like a super cute read that’s titular setting is sure to provide some moments of exploring a new city. Amazon | Goodreads

6 & 7: Love and Gelato and Love and Luck by Jenna Evans Welch | Love and Gelato is on my bookshelf and one I’ve also been meaning to read for far too long. That cover is adorable, and Jenna’s follow up novel (releasing this spring) also looks and sounds darling.   Love & Gelato on Amazon | Goodreads ▪ Pre-order Love & Luck on Amazon or Add on Goodreads

There ends another edition of Top Ten Tuesday. How did you spin your list this week? What sorts of books did you feature? What “book trip around the world 2018” would you take? Did you use ones you’ve read, or simply “overseas” adventures no matter their status on your TBR? Tell me all about the bookish fun. I look forward to chatting with you all.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

amateur graphic designer. confirmed bookaholic. bubbl’r enthusiast. critical thinker. miswesterner. social media coordinator. writer.

• Amanda Holmes March 27, 2018 at 4:01 AM

I've only read Love, Lies, and Spies on your list. Weird.;) I will have to check into the others!

• Rissi March 27, 2018 at 4:43 AM

Did you enjoy 'Spies,' Amanda? It sounds like such a fun read! :)

Thanks so much for visiting.

• Kay Wisteria @HammockofBooks March 27, 2018 at 4:13 AM

Haven't read any of these, but really want to read Love and Gelato! It just sounds so cute! Great list and happy reading :)

• Rissi March 27, 2018 at 4:44 AM

I agree. Doesn't it sound darling? Precisely the kind of read I enjoy over those long and humid summer months. :)

Thanks for visiting, Kay.

• Anne Bennett March 27, 2018 at 4:46 AM

LOVE AND GELATO is such a good-sounding story. I want to read it. My TTT

• Rissi March 27, 2018 at 5:05 AM

Me too, Anne! Here's hoping we both read Love and Gelato, and that we enjoy. :)

Thanks so much for visiting.

• Anonymous March 27, 2018 at 5:10 AM

I've had my eye on Wish You Were Italian for a while now. You've picked some great choices. :-)

• Rissi March 27, 2018 at 5:20 AM

Same goes for me, Chrissi. It looks darling, and over the summer months, those are the best kind of reads. :)

Appreciate you making Finding Wonderland a Top Ten Tuesday stop. :)

• Mariela Silva March 27, 2018 at 5:46 AM

I haven't read any of these books . I love how you did the covers.
    My TTT.

• Rissi March 30, 2018 at 8:24 PM

Thanks, Mariela. Hope you enjoy some of these if you do read them. :)

Appreciate you visiting.

• Greg March 27, 2018 at 7:42 AM

Love, Lies and Spies does look fun, and 19th century London… yup! Wanderlost looks great- seriously, busing or backpacking through Europe would be so amazing. And I'm really looking forward to Love & Luck!

• Rissi March 30, 2018 at 8:29 PM

Doesn't it? It looks so fun! Definitely one I'd like to read soon. Here's hoping.

Hope we both like all of these books – including Wanderlost and Love and Luck. Gotta love fun "travel bug" stories.

Thanks for visiting!!

• Amber Holcomb March 27, 2018 at 12:44 PM

So fun! I need to read Love & Gelato too. :) The covers for that book and the next one are so darling!

~ Amber

• Rissi March 30, 2018 at 8:33 PM

Aren't they darling, Amber? Gotta love cute rom-com book covers. :) Here's hoping I actually read Love and Gelato this summer; and that you also enjoy this one.

Appreciate you visiting, friend – hope you're doing well. :)

• Astilbe March 27, 2018 at 1:42 PM

I haven't read any of these books yet. It's always cool when that happens on a Top Ten Tuesday post. It's like wandering into an entirely new section of a bookstore or library. :)

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• Rissi March 30, 2018 at 8:34 PM

Right? I agree. So many new possibilities. Hope you discover some new potential reads. :)

Happy reading – and thanks for visiting!

• Flipping Through the Pages March 27, 2018 at 4:55 PM

I haven't read any of these titles but Love & Gelato is on my TBR for so long. Every time I see that cover, it makes me happy. It is so cute :)I hope you get to read all of these soon :)

My TTT: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/03/ten-books-that-take-place-in-another-country/

• Rissi March 30, 2018 at 8:43 PM

Me too! Each time I see the book it's a mood changer. It's just so cute – and I've zero doubt, the inside is sweet too. Hope we both read Love and Gelato soon.

Appreciate you visiting, as always. :)

• Flavia the Bibliophile March 27, 2018 at 5:24 PM

Such a great list! And ahhhh I love the aesthetic of your site! Signing up for email updates right now! :D

• Joann Downie March 27, 2018 at 7:21 PM

I want to read Love and Gelato, I think that'll be a nice read!! I hope you get to enjoy these when you get to them!!

• Rissi March 30, 2018 at 8:44 PM

I agree, Joann. It seems like it'd be such an easy, relaxing kind of read. :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Shannon/ It Starts at Midnight March 28, 2018 at 12:33 AM

Wanderlost is one of my faves, definitely worth the read! Love & Gelato is cute too, definitely nails the Italian setting! Hopefully Love & Luck will be cute, too. Great choices!

• Rissi March 30, 2018 at 10:57 PM

How fun. That's part of a good "abroad" story. It has to do its setting justice. :)

SO looking forward to reading the two you mention, and here's hoping we both like Love and Luck.

Thanks for visiting, Shannon.

• Ronyell (a.k.a. Rabbitearsblog) March 28, 2018 at 10:07 AM

Awesome list! I need to read these books!

Here’s my TTT!

Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

• Rissi March 30, 2018 at 10:58 PM

Fun! Hope you discover some new reads, Ronyell. :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Lauren Stoolfire March 29, 2018 at 12:48 AM

I've had my eye on those first two on your list – I'll have to give them a try! :)

Lauren @ Always Me

• Rissi March 30, 2018 at 10:59 PM

Indeed! Let me know what you think if/when you read them, Lauren. I'm curious.

Thanks for visiting. :)

• Tracy March 29, 2018 at 1:41 AM

These are all new to me, but Love, Lies, and Spies definitely looks interesting! Great list!

• Rissi March 30, 2018 at 11:00 PM

Hope you can discover some potential new reads, Tracy. :)

Thanks so much for reading.

• […] long ago we talked about bookish spaces with the topic ‘Books That Take Place In Another Country.’ This week, we again talk book places, only this go-round it’s about bookish worlds we’ve […]