A LIST OF PRIOR SEASONAL TBR BOOKS I DIDN'T MAKE TIME TO READ. A LIST OF PRIOR SEASONAL TBR BOOKS I DIDN'T READ. ALL TEXT IS © RISSIWRITES.COM

A LIST OF PRIOR SEASONAL TBR BOOKS I DIDN’T MAKE TIME TO READ

July 25, 2022 26 Comments

Sometimes looking back at past lists or work is kind of like a reality check we didn’t know we needed. Other times it just sinks us deeper into a hole of realizing what a very unsuccessful reader we are. For me, especially now, it’s probably the latter reaction but nonetheless, we do love lists so why not look back at seasonal TBR books I didn’t read? Seems sort of dangerous but let’s do this thing anyway!

LIST | FOREVER OTPs! LEAST TO MOST FAVORITE JANE AUSTEN COUPLES

Since I know I won’t have read any books on my most recent TBRs, I think I’ll look back a bit farther than all of my most recent seasonal lists. That way, there’s more of a chance that I’d have read some of the books on my lists and it won’t have to be a copy and paste situation. Plus, this way maybe more variety too! Let’s get to looking back at our old TBRs.

SEASONAL TBR BOOKS I DIDN’T READ

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

THE LITTLE LADY AGENCY, HESTER BROWNE

from the spring 2019 TBR

This is one of those books I pulled off my shelf. Since I adore Browne’s The Runaway Princess, I really want to read more by her, but alas, haven’t made the time to do so. Amazon | Goodreads

THE CODE FOR LOVE AND HEARTBREAK, JILLIAN CANTOR

from the winter 2020 TBR

Adding this one because it’s a contemporary YA re-telling of Jane Austen’s Emma, and I am HERE FOR THIS! Amazon | Goodreads

A LIST OF PRIOR SEASONAL TBR BOOKS I DIDN'T MAKE TIME TO READ #TOPTENTUESDAY #READER #READERS #READING #AMREADING #READGOODBOOKS #BOOKLIST #TBRS #TBR #BOOKSTOREAD Click To Tweet
DEAREST JOSEPHINE, CAROLINE GEORGE

from the winter 2021 TBR

This one earned some pretty good reviews. I did buy it when it released, but haven’t read it. I have this hope that it’d give me the same kind of “feels” (though obviously a different story) as Jo & Laurie did earlier this year. It follows a character who finds a novel from someone in the 1800s in which she seems to play heroine, and their intertwining stories. Amazon Goodreads

JANE IN LOVE, RACHEL GIVNEY

from the winter 2020 TBR

This one sounds fun, and as it’s a newer book on my shelf, I figured I may as well include this one! Amazon | Goodreads

MOMENTS LIKE THIS, ANNA GOMEZ & KRISTOFFER POLAHA

from the summer and fall 2021 TBRs

I’ve been excited about this book for a while now. (I like Kristoffer as a frequent Hallmark Channel leading man.) I don’t know much about the book (it has good Amazon reviews), but it sounds interesting and of course, I finally just ordered it with a Bookshop.org order that I try to convince myself is for Father’s Day gifts. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

WE’LL ALWAYS HAVE SUMMER, JENNY HAN

from the summer 2020, 2021 TBRs

Read books one and two, so now it’s time to complete the trilogy with the final novel. Plus, I’m curious about the upcoming Prime TV series based on the novels. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

MEG & JO, VIRGINA KANTRA

from the fall 2019, spring 2020 TBR

I mean, I think any Little Women-esque story is ideal as a cozy autumn time read. Amazon | Goodreads

BACK TO YOU, JESS MASTORAKOS

from the winter 2020 TBR

Like I said, I wanted some light-hearted romances on this list for early 2021 content. Let’s see if this will help in my content planning, plus I’m a softie for military romance. Amazon | Goodreads

THE TOURIST ATTRACTION, SARAH MORGENTHALER

from the spring 2021 TBR

Pretty sure I had this one on my winter TBR (not sure because I simply cannot go back and take a look see), but it’s definitely one of the contemporary romcoms that I think sounds and looks like fun! It takes place in a tiny tourist town where we meet a woman who becomes smitten with the tiny town in Alaska and the diner owner who makes her blush. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

WOULD LIKE TO MEET BY RACHEL WINTERS

from the summer 2020 TBR

Like Sarah’s rom-com, this is another I’ve seen some good reviews on. Luckily I have it on my shelf. Plus, who doesn’t love the idea of a romance that “acts out” various iconic romantic-comedy scenes just to inspire creativity? Amazon | Goodreads

Over to you. How many seasonal TBR books haven’t you read? Are you one of the AWESOME readers who clears their TBRs? What’s your best tips? Do you like seasonal TBRs? Have you read any of these? Comment all the comments below. Let’s chat.

Thanks so much for making the time to stop here! Always appreciate your comments; my apologies for not being more prompt in responding and visiting your spaces. Always a goal of mine, and while some weeks I am better, I’ve been failing (again!) lately. But just know I’m grateful you’re here. Thank you.

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you for visiting; please come back soon.

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl July 26: Books From My Past Seasonal TBR Posts I STILL Haven’t Read (Submitted by Dedra @ A Book Wanderer)

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks July 25, 2022 at 11:39 PM

Cute graphics. I can’t always count on you to WOW me.

I find that my desire to read particular books depends on a lot of timing issues. If I don’t read a book soon after I place it on my TBR it will likely get shoved to the side by something else. My TTT list

• Rissi JC August 1, 2022 at 6:57 PM

Aw, thanks. That’s nice of you to say, Anne. That’s the main aspect I try to have fun with so I hope that *mostly* shows. :) That’s fair re: TBRs. Probably something I do too.

• Lydia July 26, 2022 at 5:31 AM

Yes, Little Women-esque stories are definitely autumn reads in my book! :)

• Rissi JC August 1, 2022 at 6:59 PM

Right!? They just FEEL autumn-y. :) Thanks for being here, Lydia.

• Astilbe July 26, 2022 at 8:57 AM

I’ve always thought of you as someone who probably finishes most of her seasonal TBRs. I have no idea why I had that impression of you! :) May you enjoy these books whenever you read them.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• Rissi JC August 1, 2022 at 7:04 PM

Thank you – that’s a compliment! :) Honestly, I was surprised by how many I’ve read from TBRs (like from 2017, 2018, etc.). It’s just I never seem to QUITE get through every book. Nowadays I really don’t since I’m just not reading like I once did. But I’m hoping to get back to that. Thanks, as always, for the visit!

• Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog July 26, 2022 at 9:24 AM

I get distracted by new books so my old books are still there.

Your list looks good. Maybe one day they will get read ☺️

Have a great week!

Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:

• Rissi JC August 1, 2022 at 7:06 PM

I know that feeling too well, Emily. The bookworm struggle bus. :D

• Steph@paigesofnovels July 26, 2022 at 10:08 AM

I love Little Women esque stoires as well!

• Rissi JC August 1, 2022 at 7:13 PM

YES! They’re so enjoyable. :)

• Jo July 26, 2022 at 10:30 AM

I hope you enjoy all of these whenever you get around to them.

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #378
  • Nicole @ BookWyrm Knits July 26, 2022 at 10:56 AM

The Tourist Attraction really does feel like it would be an appropriate winter read!

Nicole @ BookWyrm Knits recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday ~ Quotes Quotes Quotes
    • Rissi JC August 1, 2022 at 7:18 PM

For sure! It had those vibes. :)

• Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen July 26, 2022 at 1:04 PM

Clear my TBR. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no. My TBR will never, ever be clear! I do love Little Women, so I think I should check out the ones you mention that are Little Women-esque.

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’d Gladly Throw into the Ocean
    • Rissi JC August 1, 2022 at 7:45 PM

Same. So much same, Lisa. :) Thanks for visiting!

• Claire @ Wordy Witterings July 26, 2022 at 1:25 PM

Have any of us got any chance at clearing these TBR piles?! My post is here: https://wordywitterings.com/2022/07/26/ttt-books-that-have-been-lingering-on-my-tbr-pile-for-far-too-long/

• Rissi JC August 1, 2022 at 7:46 PM

Probably not. It’s kind of a whimsical reader’s dream. :) Thanks for visiting, Claire.

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads July 26, 2022 at 2:11 PM

Haha, I’m DEFINITELY NOT one of those readers that always clear their TBR. But that’s okay, I kind of like being a mood reader :) The Code for Love and Heartbreak and Would Like To Meet are still on my TBR too.

• Rissi JC August 1, 2022 at 7:47 PM

Glad I’m not the only one, Lindsey. ;) It’s just one of our reader curses, right? Hope we both enjoy the ones we both still have on our TBRs. They do both sound fun! Thanks for visiting.

• Cindy Davis July 26, 2022 at 3:13 PM

I have read a lot of my past TBR’s (for the one year I have been blogging, LOL), mostly because they were ARC’s with deadlines…the ones that were not are the ones I still need to read. I have not read any of these.

• Rissi JC August 1, 2022 at 7:52 PM

I used to have all that ARC deadline too, Cindy. It was FUN and I so appreciated the chance to read them, but eventually I quite requesting so much. Just got a bit too much. Hope you enjoy all of the titles you still haven’t read – and good for you mostly clearing TBRs. That’s awesome.

• Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! July 26, 2022 at 4:13 PM

While I don’t clear my TBR, I tend to include books I know I’m going to read (either challenges or ARCs) and then fill the list with a few random books from my physical TBR in hopes of cutting my backlog.

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!

• Rissi JC August 1, 2022 at 7:58 PM

That sounds like an EXCELLENT TBR strategy. Good for you. Seems like something I should try. :)

• Angela July 29, 2022 at 1:10 PM

Jane in Love was actually a really fantastic read! I thought I was going to like The Tourist Attraction more than I did, unfortunately!

• Rissi JC August 1, 2022 at 8:04 PM

Bummer! That’s NEVER fun. Glad to know Jane in Love was a great read though – I’m curious about that for sure. :)