COLORS! 12 GOOD BOOK TITLES THAT COULD BE CRAYON COLORS. Talking possible books titles that might double as crayon colors! Text © Rissi JC

COLORS! 12 GOOD BOOK TITLES THAT COULD BE CRAYON COLORS

April 12, 2021 26 Comments

Hey there, welcome back, everyone. Books are obviously a favorite topic of discussion over here, but add a fun thing to combine them with, and you’re sure to find a kind of bookish work of art. What would happen if book titles would become crayon colors? This is where we’re at today; we look at book titles that sound like crayon colors or at least titles that might make good names!

DISCUSSION | THE MEMORABLE MUSIC IS OUT TODAY! ENJOY ‘FEARLESS’ (TAYLOR’S VERSION)

As is the more recent and unwritten rule, I’m going to use this opportunity to again stick with books on my shelf. Some of the titles we feature won’t exactly be ideal possible colors for crayons. As I’m really bad at naming things, I don’t expect these will be good, but it’s a chance to talk about books, so I’m cool with failing. Let’s go!

BOOK TITLES THAT SOUND LIKE CRAYON COLORS

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: AGAINST THE TIDE, ELIZABETH CAMDEN

Pretty sure I’m going to have lots of nature-like titles on this list. Nature and color just seems to go together. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

2: ROSEMARY COTTAGE, COLLEEN COBLE

Oh, look! Another nature-y title! Bookshop.org | Goodreads

3: ROSES WILL BLOOM AGAIN, LORI COPELAND

Roses are looking like a theme. It’s been YEARS since I read this novel, but I think it’s one of my most favorite reads. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

4: WORDS IN DEEP BLUE, CATH CRAWLEY

I mean, there is a color in the title and it just seems appropriate, right? Bookshop.org | Goodreads

5: SHADES OF DOON, CAREY CORP AND LORIE LANGDON

Sometimes I see colors, though I cannot say if this is true of the Crayola brand, using a place to “show” a color. For example, this may be a green shade since, for some reason I think of Doon (a world based on the Scottish Brigadoon film) as a lush place with lots of green. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

6: THE BREATH OF DAWN, KRISTEN HEITZMANN

Perhaps a pretty pink, coral or orange hue for this one. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

COLORS! 12 GOOD BOOK TITLES THAT COULD BE CRAYON COLORS #BookWorm #BookLovers #BloggersTribe #TopTenTuesday Click To Tweet
COLORS! 12 GOOD BOOK TITLES THAT COULD BE CRAYON COLORS. Talking possible books titles that sound like crayon colors! Text © Rissi JC

7: SHADES OF MILK AND HONEY, MARY ROBINETTE KOWAL

I mean, this one could work for a really pretty creamy caramel shade. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

8: MY PLAIN JANE, JODIE MEADOWS, CYNTHIA HAND AND BRODIE ASHTON

To go with the phrase of “plain jane” through the years, this one made me think of a color that maybe not as popular but deserves a call out. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

9: STORM FRONT, SUSAN MAY WARREN

A kind of stormy gray purple-blue shade? I don’t know! Naming things isn’t my thing. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

10: STORM SIREN, MARY WEBER

I don’t know… I can see this being a color, right? Told you I’d be bad at this. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

11: FIREWORKS, ELIZBETH WHITE

To be honest, I cannot remember if I’ve read this one or not. But either way, it seems like it might be a fun crayon name, and the color possibilities it’d potentially match with are endless. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

12: BLUE MOON, LINDA WINDSOR

Another one I haven’t read in years. One of three novels in a romantic-comedy series, all I remember about these is they did make me laugh-out-loud. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

What about you? What book titles do you think could or should be Crayola crayon colors? Do you have any titles that are a color? How would or did you spin this subject? Do you have a favorite crayon color? Comment all of your thoughts below.

PINTEREST PIN

COLORS! 12 GOOD BOOK TITLES THAT COULD BE CRAYON COLORS. Talking possible book titles that sound like crayon colors! Text © Rissi JC

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl April 13: Book Titles that Sound Like They Could be Crayola Crayons

• Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl April 12, 2021 at 11:32 PM

What great picks!! Storm Front is perfect and I love your pinky color for Breath of the Dawn. So pretty!

• Rissi JC April 19, 2021 at 7:33 PM

Breath of Dawn just seems like a solid color option. :) Thanks so much for the visit, Jana.

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks April 13, 2021 at 12:00 AM

I am so in awe of this list. I didn’t have it in me to THINK about crayon colors this week. Ha! My TTT list today

• Rissi JC April 19, 2021 at 7:30 PM

I feel like this too often, Anne! Most of hte time I just make myself dive into whatever my daily project is. Speaking of, today has DEFINITELY been one of those kinds of days for me. *sigh* Thanks for the visit!

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer April 13, 2021 at 12:18 AM

Oh, I love your choices! I’ve never heard of Rosemary Cottage, but it would be a great crayon color. It’s so pretty sounding. :)

• Rissi JC April 19, 2021 at 7:27 PM

I agree, Dedra! And “Rosemary Cottage” is a great contemporary with some light suspense, too. :) Appreciate your visit.

PS; I just tried to submit a second comment to your post form last week – hope it comes through!

• Greg April 13, 2021 at 12:24 AM

This was such a fun and unique topic! I like these- the Breath of Dawn is nice, I definitely get like a sunrise or dusty rose type vibe from it, and and I love storm Front! And Blue Moon. :)

• Rissi JC April 19, 2021 at 7:27 PM

Same! Definitely lots of nature-y vibe colors for these covers. Appreciate you visiting, as always, Greg.

• Ellie Warren April 13, 2021 at 3:36 AM

These are great colour names!

Ellie Warren recently posted: Top Ten Books as Crayola Colours
    • Rissi JC April 19, 2021 at 7:26 PM

Thanks so much, Ellie!

• Lydia April 13, 2021 at 5:40 AM
    • Rissi JC April 19, 2021 at 7:25 PM

I agree! :) Thanks for the visit, Lydia.

• Angela April 13, 2021 at 6:38 AM

This was a hard topic that I didn’t even attempt, so I think you did a great job with it! Rosemary Cottage sounds like it would be a beautiful color!

• Rissi JC April 19, 2021 at 7:24 PM

Thank you, Angela. I just wish I’d had a more creative approach. *shrugs* When you put it together last minute I guess that’s what happens. ;) Appreciate your visit!

• Jo April 13, 2021 at 9:56 AM

I can definitely see Rosemary Cottage being a crayon colour!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/04/13/top-ten-tuesday-311/

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #311
    • Rissi JC April 19, 2021 at 7:18 PM

Right?! Sounds pretty I think! Appreciate your visit, Jo.

• Steph@paigesofbooks April 13, 2021 at 10:13 AM

Great Picks!

• Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse April 13, 2021 at 11:19 AM

Words in Deep Blue! I wish I would have thought of that title.

• Rissi JC April 19, 2021 at 7:16 PM

It’s PERFECT for this subject, right!? :) Thanks for visiting, Deanna.

• Mareli @ Elza Reads April 13, 2021 at 12:18 PM

This is a lovely selection! I like The Breath of Dawn the most and will definitely color with that crayon.

Happy TTT and here’s my Ten Crayola Colors Book Titles

Mareli @ Elza Reads recently posted: Ten Book Titles that sound like Crayola Crayon Colors
    • Rissi JC April 19, 2021 at 7:14 PM

Same! It sounds like it could be so pretty. :) Thanks for the visit.

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads April 13, 2021 at 1:13 PM

Oh, The Breath of Dawn sounds like a gorgeous color!

• Rissi JC April 19, 2021 at 7:14 PM

It does! I’d want to see it anyway. :) Thanks for the visit, Lindsey.

• Carrie @ Reading Is My SuperPower April 13, 2021 at 2:38 PM

fabulous list, Rissi! I love the titles you picked!!

Carrie @ Reading Is My SuperPower recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Book Titles That Would Be Great Crayon Names
    • Rissi JC April 19, 2021 at 7:13 PM

Thanks, Carrie! It was fun to put together (even seeing how much more creative everyone else is!). Super glad you stopped by; thank you!