12 PRETTY BOOKS WITH OCEANS ON THE COVER FROM MY SHELF. Chatting a few pretty ocean-y book covers. Text © Rissi JC

12 PRETTY BOOKS WITH OCEANS ON THE COVER FROM MY SHELF

April 5, 2021 15 Comments

Another new week means time for another book list. This one isn’t anything special, except sometimes my expectation is that it will allow us to feature books normally missed. Today I’m looking at the books with oceans on their covers, all of which are from my shelf.

LIST | 8 TV SITCOMS TO WATCH IF YOU LOVE NETFLIX’S ‘COUNTRY COMFORT’

There’s a wide array of genres and topics in this list. From contemporary to historical, there’s a collection of different styles, and of course, most of these (or all?) do have romance, which is always a favorite of mine. Let’s have a look at the colors of blue we find on my shelf.

PRETTY BOOKS WITH OCEANS ON THE COVER

1: AGAINST THE TIDE, ELIZABETH CAMDEN

The hues of this design aren’t in blue, but this historical novel lives in my reader memory as a great read. Amazon | Bookshop.org Goodreads

2: YOUNG WIDOWS CLUB, ALEXNDRA COUTTS

Never see anyone talking about this one which leads me to think very few people have read it. Amazon | Goodreads

3: BLACKMOORE, JULIANNE DONALDSON

Breaking my rule right off with this title since I don’t think this one is on my shelf anymore. I’ve been reminded of it because I’m working on edits and correcting the margins of vintage (think circa 2012, 2013) reviews. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

4: WHOSE WAVES THESE ARE, AMANDA DYKES

Historical fiction, this one is a lovely read that follows a WWII timeline and also a more modern story. Read it last year with the INSPYs program. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

5: THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY, JENNY HAN

Maybe not an ocean, but whatevs. We’re putting it on the list because it’s a cute book (and is being adapted by Amazon!). Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

6: BAREFOOT SUMMER, DENISE HUNTER

Again, pretty sure this is more lake than ocean, but this book did mean so much to me when I read it that I had to include it. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

12 PRETTY BOOKS WITH OCEANS ON THE COVER FROM MY SHELF #TopTenTuesday #BookLovers #BookTwitter Click To Tweet

7 & 8: REVOLUTIONARY AND RIGHT WHERE I BELONG, KRISTA MCGEE

When I add some of these “oldie” books on these types of lists, they make me want to go back and re-read them. If only I didn’t have so many new titles to read for the first time. This one follows a teen girl as she makes a dramatic move, and it’s pretty dang good. Revolutionary on Amazon | Bookshop.org | GoodreadsRight Where I Belong on Bookshop.org | Goodreads

9 & 10: THE CRUSHING DEPTHS AND SUBMERGED, DANI PETTREY

Love Dani Pettrey’s novels, and these two are no different. ‘Depths’ is the first in her current series and the design is, for the genre, “cutting edge,” while Submerged is her debut, and still a favorite of mine. The Crushing Depths on Amazon | Bookshop.org | GoodreadsSubmerged on Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

11: ANCHOR IN THE STORM, SARAH SUNDIN

Always love a good novel by Sarah Sundin, and so far, I don’t think her novels have disappointed me yet. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

12: IF FOR ANY REASON, COURTNEY WALSH

There’s water, the book is still on my shelf, and we’re calling it good! Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

What about you? What books with oceans on the cover do you love? Have you read any of these – or do you have a list of books you’d throw into an ocean? (To be honest, I might! I just don’t have the mental space today to go looking.) Appreciate your visit; and let me know where I can visit you. Comment all of your thoughts down below.

PINTEREST PIN

find us on social media: MeWe; Instagram; or Pinterest – and join Finding Wonderland’s NEW reader group on MeWe!

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl Top Ten Tuesday April 6: Books I’d Gladly Throw in the Ocean

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

• Greg April 5, 2021 at 11:04 PM

I love that ocean graphic! And I’m a sucker for a nice cover with an ocean view or water in general. I really like Whose Waves these Are in particular!

• Rissi JC April 5, 2021 at 11:57 PM

Isn’t ‘Waves’ a stunner? The inside is just as good of a story! :) Thanks so much for the visit, Greg.

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks April 5, 2021 at 11:32 PM

Good twist on the topic. I couldn’t stomach the idea of throwing even ghastly books into the ocean. My TTT is off-the-board this week

• Rissi JC April 5, 2021 at 11:56 PM

I’d have just done created a list using the topic more as a metaphor of how I feel about certain books (and there have been some over the years0) rather than literal. Although.. the right book COULD tempt me. ;) Thanks so much for visiting, Anne! :)

• Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl April 5, 2021 at 11:51 PM

I love the spin you put on this week’s topic! I’m so happy that you still participated, even though the topic wasn’t one you were feeling. And I love all the covers you chose!

• Rissi JC April 5, 2021 at 11:54 PM

I had fun with this one, Jana. I *know* I could come up with something that would fit the proper topic (because believe me, I do have thoughts on some of the books I read), but I didn’t have the mental space to try ands come up with the list this week. :) Thanks so much for stopping by and for hosting.

• Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl April 6, 2021 at 1:02 AM

Haha, I totally get it! Sometimes I tweak topics, too, and I’m the one who chooses them every week! Sometimes the energy just isn’t there. Like the animal one coming up. I might tweak because my brain is empty right now. I like seeing the creativity. :)

Thank you for stopping by each week. I always look forward to your comments, and have been meaning to stop by!

• Rissi JC April 19, 2021 at 7:39 PM

I feel this, too! Energy has to go into some of them, but then also, it’s GOOD because it challenges us creatively. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by. Appreciate you keeping this up and putting in the work. :)

• Brooke Lorren April 6, 2021 at 1:20 AM

How nice that The Summer I Turned Pretty is going to be made into a movie! I haven’t read any of these books, but I wrote about books with oceans in them this week (and one book I’d like to throw the last seven chapters into the ocean).

• Rissi JC April 19, 2021 at 7:39 PM

I enjoyed the ‘Summer’ books by Jenny. They’re fun although not as good as Lara Jean’s stories. :) YAY for ocean books. Appreciate your visit, Brooke.

• Dini @ dinipandareads April 6, 2021 at 4:10 AM

Great take on today’s prompt! I’m definitely a sucker for covers with water/waves. There’s something about them that always catches my eye and reels me in (and gets me thinking deep things HA)! ? I’ve been curious about Han’s book and had no idea it was being turned into a series but that’s exciting news!

• Rissi JC April 19, 2021 at 7:41 PM

Jenny’s books are sweet and easy reads. I don’t love them in the way I do the Lara Jean stories, but they’re still good. :) SUPER excited for the series/movie. As always, glad you dropped in, Dini; thanks!

• Rissi JC April 19, 2021 at 7:46 PM

Same! It’s s pretty and soothing design element. :) Thanks for the visit, Lydia.

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads April 6, 2021 at 12:44 PM

Love your take on the topic! These all look so pretty, and make me wish for summer and beach days :)