12 PRETTY NATURE ELEMENTS ON BOOK COVERS. Looking at twelve books on my shelf with an element of nature! All text © Rissi JC

PRETTY NATURE ELEMENTS ON 12 BOOK COVERS

May 10, 2021 18 Comments

When it comes to books, one of my favorite things to talk about is cover design! I’ve had the chance to interview cover designers (for online blogs) and am not above admitting that I’m a cover snob. Today we’re talking a specific kind of cover design in books with nature on the cover or as part of their look!

LIST | 12 MORE OF THE BEST MOTHERS ON OUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS

As I sat in front of my bookshelf to work up these titles, I realized that maybe I’m running out of books to put into a rotation so that there are new titles! It’s kind of sad because I like to feature books I own rather than pretty things I find on Goodreads but no nothing about. Still, that might have to happen because with these lists, I also like to try to feature titles that I don’t recycle. Ah, well! That’s a topic to wonder over another day. Let’s look at these book designs where scenes of nature play a big role – and some may be stretching things just a teeny tiny bit!

BOOKS WITH NATURE ON THE COVER

1: TO GET TO YOU, JOANNE BISCHOF

Read this one years ago about a young adult character who goes on a road trip. What makes it more unique is that its first person POV is male. Amazon | Goodreads

2: TO THE FARTHEST SHORES, ELIZABETH CAMDEN

Cannot remember if I’ve read this one, but I’ve loved some of Elizabeth Camden’s historicals and others I thought weren’t great. But either way, this cover is pretty dang pretty! Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

3: THE VIEW FROM RAINSHADOW BAY, COLLEEN COBLE

Haven’t read this one either (lots on this list I haven’t), but I used to read Colleen’s books all the time and I loved them. It’d actually be fun for me to read another of her books today to see if I still enjoy them. But that aside, isn’t this cover a stunner!? Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

4: THE SWEENEY SISTERS, LIAN DOLAN

Just added this one to my shelf, and I know little about it, but it’s pretty! I’m stretching the whole “nature” part a bit since this is more of a clip art kind of situation, but whatever. I like this design and it looks very “organic.” Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

5: TO LOVE A PRINCE, RACHEL HAUCK

Looks to me like this leading lady is running through some pretty nature and I’m always here for a contemporary fairy tale! Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

6: TWICE SHY, SARAH HOGLE

This is another illustrated type cover so it may be stretching our theme, but as it’s a new addition to my shelf, I kind of had to include it (plus there’s a tree branch and some foliage, real or not!). Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

12 BOOKS WITH NATURE ON THE COVER #TopTenTuesday #BookLovers #Readers #ReaderCommunity #Bookish Click To Tweet
PRETTY NATURE ELEMENTS ON 12 BOOK COVERS. Looking at twelve books with nature on the cover on my shelf! All text © Rissi JC

7: I LOVE YOU SO MOCHI, SARAH KUHN

Just look at all those pretty blossoms on the tree!! Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

8: IF ONLY, MELANIE MURPHY

A beautiful tree (with pretty title text!) earns this contemporary novel a spot this week. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

9: COASTAL GUARDIANS (SERIES), DANI PETTREY

Powerful depictions of nature on these covers – and I love ‘em! The Killing Tide on Amazon | The Crushing Depths on Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

10: HEART LAND, KIMBERLEY STUART

This cover is just so swoony. Or I think it is. There’s just something really charming about. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

11: MONTANA RESCUE (SERIES), SUSAN MAY WARREN

All about the nature (and hunky dudes!) in this entire series design. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

12: MAYBE THIS TIME, KASIE WEST

I mean when there’s a Kasie West book with nature on the cover, I have to include her, too! Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

What are some of your favorite book covers with nature on them? Have you read any of these? Do you like or dislike them? Do you like any of these types of designs? Comment all of your thoughts below – and let me know where I can see your bookish or other fangirl thoughts! I’d love to visit your web spaces.

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

PRETTY NATURE ELEMENTS ON 12 BOOK COVERS. Looking at twelve books on my shelf with an element of nature! All text © Rissi JC

Thank you for visiting! Come back soon.

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl May 11: Books with Nature on the Cover

• Greg May 10, 2021 at 11:05 PM

I sometimes use the same books a lot on my TT lists haha. i know I should probably range farther afield sometimes, but what can you do? :)

I really like Twice Shy and Heartland here. and is nice as well!

• Rissi JC May 10, 2021 at 11:21 PM

It’s kind of a struggle some weeks! (Especially as of lately because I’ve been trying to only use books on my shelf.) But hey, if they’re books we love, we’ve got to keep sharing all the favorites, right!? :) Thanks for visiting, Greg.

• Brooke Lorren May 10, 2021 at 11:19 PM

Maybe This Time has a lovely nature cover.

• Rissi JC May 10, 2021 at 11:21 PM

100% agree! It’s just such a pretty scene and fits perfectly with Kasie’s brand. :) Thanks for visiting, Brooke.

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks May 10, 2021 at 11:41 PM

The Killing Tide is stunning. I want to look at it more closely. Books I Recommend About Nature and Trees

• Rissi JC May 11, 2021 at 12:03 AM

I think so too – and if you like suspense, “The Killing Tide” is also a great read, Anne! Thanks for visiting.

• Lydia May 11, 2021 at 5:23 AM

If Only has such a lovely cover. I always enjoy it when the cherry blossoms come out at about this time of year. :)

• Rissi JC May 11, 2021 at 10:37 PM

YES! I agree. :) It is lovely. I’m curious about the story, too. Thanks for the visit, Lydia.

• Angela May 11, 2021 at 6:36 AM

I love that cover on Maybe This Time – it looks like a nice place to take a bike ride!

• Rissi JC May 11, 2021 at 10:38 PM

YES! It’s so pretty. :) Thanks for the visit, Angela.

• Lisa Mandina (Lisa Loves Literature) May 11, 2021 at 9:50 AM

I Love You So Mochi is probably my favorite from your picks! Thank for sharing!

Lisa Mandina (Lisa Loves Literature) recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: My Favorite Books by Asian Authors
    • Rissi JC May 11, 2021 at 10:39 PM

It is SO pretty. :) Thanks for the visit, Lisa.

• Poinsettia May 11, 2021 at 10:33 AM

Great list! I really love the cover for The View from Rainshadow Bay. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Rissi JC May 11, 2021 at 10:40 PM

Same! It’s so pretty; and all those shades of purple is stunning. Thanks for the visit!! :)

• Alycia May 11, 2021 at 2:38 PM

I Love You So Mochi is so pretty, and sounds interesting too!

My TTT: https://memorymeetsimagination.wordpress.com/2021/05/11/top-ten-tuesday-the-four-elements/

Alycia recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: The Four Elements
    • Rissi JC May 11, 2021 at 10:35 PM

Right!? I agree, Alycia. :) Thanks for the visit.

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer May 11, 2021 at 3:10 PM

I haven’t read any of these yet, but Kasie West does always seems to have great nature covers. :)

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Books With Palm Trees On The Cover
    • Rissi JC May 11, 2021 at 10:35 PM

Right? Her books are always cute, and now you mention it, yes! They always have that nature-y vibe. :) Thanks, as always, for the visit.