PLAYING THAT TBR GAME AGAIN! A HAPPY SUMMER 2021 TBR LIST. Chatting the likelihood of my actually reading these ten books! All text © Rissi JC

PLAYING THAT TBR GAME AGAIN! A HAPPY SUMMER 2021 TBR LIST

June 14, 2021 30 Comments

Hey, everyone! It’s been a while since I chatted with you, and I missed book conversation. It’s impossible to believe, but this past weekend, it hit me that we’re already halfway through June and next week is Father’s Day. I was in such surprise that I tried to mentally convince myself that I was wrong, there was another weekend before dad’s day. Of course there isn’t, but that didn’t stop me from being all panic-y! Also right around the corner is that first day of summer, which means this week is appropriate to chat about the summer 2021 TBR book list I hope (stressing hope) to possibly read.

LIST | 12 OF THE MEMORABLE & PRETTY MOVIE WEDDING SCENES

As usual, the likelihood of my reading all of these (for a summer reading plan) is slim. Perhaps more so now since I’m simply not reading much; I didn’t think I could read less than I do… but guys, let me tell you, I can. So, with that knowledge staring at me, I don’t see much specific summer TBR reading in my future, but hey, girl can still dream. Let’s meet some of the stories I’d ideally like to read, shall we?

SUMMER 2021 TBR BOOK LIST

PLAYING THAT TBR GAME AGAIN! A HAPPY SUMMER 2021 TBR LIST #BOOKLIST #SUMMERTBR #READING #SUMMERREADING #TOPTENTUESDAY Click To Tweet

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: SHADOW AND BONE, LEIGH BARDUGO

Never did read this ergo I haven’t seen the series. Figured I’d add it in here (from the spring TBR) just because MAYBE I’ll make time to try it. This may not be one I get through because I’m not a fantasy fiction reader. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

2: THE BETRAYED, KIERA CASS (JUNE 29)

I’ll quite simply have to read the conclusion to Cass’ royalty duo. I was a little disappointed in book one because it read SO much like The Selection, but hey, they’re still my guilty pleasure reads (which I mean much differently that most use it as) and I’m so going to read book two! Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

3: WELL PLAYED, JEN DELUCA

As I’m reading Well Met now, it seems a good time to add book two to my list of books to read during the summer months. Plus, who doesn’t love a good summer contemporary! Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

4: MOMENTS LIKE THIS, ANNA GOMEZ & KRISTOFFER POLAHA

I’ve been excited about this book for a while now. (I like Kristoffer as a frequent Hallmark Channel leading man.) I don’t know much about the book (it has good Amazon reviews), but it sounds interesting and of course, I finally just ordered it with a Bookshop.org order that I try to convince myself is for Father’s Day gifts. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

5: WE’LL ALWAYS HAVE SUMMER, JENNY HAN

Read books one and two, so now it’s time to complete the trilogy with the final novel. Plus, I’m curious about the upcoming Prime TV series based on the novels. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

6: PEOPLE WE MEET ON VACATION, EMILY HENRY

Don’t love Emily’s debut, but this one has such a cute (like book one!) cover with all the bright colors and I love a good summer-y beach read that I did pick up a copy. Now all I have to discover is if I’ll like it more (or less) than her first novel. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

7: TWICE SHY, SARAH HOGLE

I’d really like to read this one by Sarah sooner than later. I have mixed feelings for her debut novel, so I’d like to read this one and see what it’s like. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

8: LAST CHANCE BOOKS, KELSEY RODKEY

Gotta’ tell you, any book that has a book store setting makes me curious! Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

9: SUNKISSED, KASIE WEST

I mean, is there currently a better book to have on our summer TBRs than this by Kasie West? It’s a contemporary and with its Sunkissed title I think it qualifies as the quintessential read! Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

10: A TASTE FOR LOVE, JENNIFER YEN

Another one that seems ideal summer-time reading! Plus, if my memory serves me, I think this has some sort of modern Austen vibe, too. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

Your turn! Fill up the comments (I missed chatting!) with all of your summer TBR plans. What are you hoping to read? Anything you’re super excited for; are they new releases or books on your shelf (like me)? Are you going to read a specific genre or a variety? Comment all of your thoughts.

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you for visiting! Come back soon.

• Jess @ Jessticulates June 15, 2021 at 4:11 AM

Great list! I keep meaning to try Well Played, too, and People We Meet on Vacation is on my list this week as well. Happy reading!

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday | My Summer 2021 TBR
    • Rissi JC July 5, 2021 at 11:35 PM

Fun! Hope we both enjoy “People We Meet on Vacation.” Happy summer TBR-ing, Jess.

• A Reading Writer June 15, 2021 at 4:32 AM

sounds like a fun summer, you’ll have. happy reading!

• Stefani June 15, 2021 at 4:35 AM

Whooray for Shadow and Bone! Hope you’ll manage to get to these. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/books-on-my-summer-2021-tbr/

• Rissi JC July 5, 2021 at 11:34 PM

Thanks, Stefani; that’s the hope! We’ll see how epically I fail. ;D Thanks for visiting.

• Lydia June 15, 2021 at 4:52 AM

I hope you like Shadow and Bone! I haven’t read it yet either.

• Rissi JC July 5, 2021 at 11:33 PM

Thanks, Lydia! I hope so too. :)

• Angela June 15, 2021 at 6:34 AM

I still have to read Emily Henry’s Beach Read, so that one made my TBR this week!

• Rissi JC July 5, 2021 at 11:33 PM

Hope you enjoy “Beach Read,” Angela. :) Appreciate your visit.

• ShootingStarsMag June 15, 2021 at 7:29 AM

I hope you can get to most of these this Summer. I’m really hoping my own reading will kick up.

-Lauren

• Rissi JC July 5, 2021 at 11:33 PM

Thank you, Lauren! I hope so too. :) Appreciate your visit.

• Poinsettia June 15, 2021 at 8:45 AM

I haven’t read Shadow and Bone either, but I’d like too. I did read Six of Crows and enjoyed it. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday/ Thank you!

• Rissi JC June 15, 2021 at 11:10 PM

Must admit, I’m glad I’m not the ONLY one who hasn’t read “Shadow and Bone.” :) Thanks for visiting!!

• Heidi Robbins June 15, 2021 at 10:27 AM

I got Sunkissed from my library, and I’m also excited to read John Eyre by Mimi Matthews, Brides and Brothers by Anneka Walker, and Provenance by Carla Laureano.

• Rissi JC June 15, 2021 at 11:09 PM

SO many reading love Mimi’s books. I haven’t read them but then as I’m not a historical fiction addict, they might not be books I’d love. Hope you enjoy Sunkissed and everything on your list!! :) Thanks for visiting, Heidi; always fun to chat with you.

• Jo June 15, 2021 at 11:54 AM

I read Shadow and Bone a while back, it’s not my favourite of Leigh Bardugo’s books, she’s improved a lot since her debut!

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #320
    • Rissi JC June 15, 2021 at 11:08 PM

Good to know! I’ve read authors like that too. Goes to show us they’re serious about the craft. :) Thanks for the visit, Jo.

• Leah's Books June 15, 2021 at 1:31 PM

I loved Shadow and Bone, and you’ve got a few books that are also on my TBR. Happy reading!

• Rissi JC June 15, 2021 at 11:07 PM

Good to know, Leah! Thanks for saying so. Hopefully I’ll enjoy it as it’s one I’ve been saying I should read for a long time now. :D Thanks for the visit.

• Carrie @ Reading Is My SuperPower June 15, 2021 at 6:28 PM

These all look really good! I’m excited for Sunkissed too :) My TTT

• Rissi JC June 15, 2021 at 11:05 PM

YES!! It sounds so fun. :) Appreciate you stopping by, Carrie.

• Cindy Davis June 15, 2021 at 7:21 PM

Looks like an interesting list. I am mostly reading ARC’s. I love books about books as well, so need to look into Last Chance Books. My list is here if you are interested: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/06/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-summer-2021.html

• Rissi JC June 15, 2021 at 11:04 PM

Hi, Cindy! Hope you enjoy your ARC list. :) I used to have SO many of those, but have since tried to curtail my requesting. Always a struggle to read those books whether from our shelves or publishers. Appreciate your visit.

• Lauren @ Always Me June 15, 2021 at 7:37 PM

Shadow and Bone was great -both the book and the tv series. :)

Lauren @ Always Me

• Rissi JC June 15, 2021 at 11:02 PM

Hooray! Glad to hear this. :)

• Greg June 15, 2021 at 8:08 PM

Bardugo series is getting so much buzz I have to admit I’m curious!

• Rissi JC June 15, 2021 at 11:01 PM

I’m quite curious too, but I like to read the book first (or else I never do) and I haven’t read book one yet! We’ll see if I get there. :) Thanks for the visit, Greg.

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer June 16, 2021 at 12:07 PM

I loved People We Met on Vacation but Beach Read was also my favorite book of 2020, so I’m probably not much help there. Haha! I finally read the Shadow and Bone series last year and while I enjoyed it, I loved Six of Crows more. I think I enjoyed the adaptation better than the Shadow and Bone books. I hope you can get to some of these! <3

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer recently posted: ARC Review | The Maidens by Alex Michaelides
    • Rissi JC July 5, 2021 at 11:29 PM

Thanks, Dedra; I hope so too! I really want to try and read a Leigh Bardugo book and my “rule” is to read the book before adaptation, so if I skip that step, I likely won’t read it. Appreciate you stopping by!! :)