POSING A QUESTION: 10 BOOK TILES THAT ASK SOMETHING (SORT OF). Sharing book titles that ask or inspire us to ask a question. All text is © Rissi JC

POSING A QUESTION: 10 BOOK TITLES THAT ASK SOMETHING (SORT OF)

July 12, 2021 40 Comments

Pretty sure I’m more of a short and sweet reader when it comes to titles and their wordplay. However when it’s good (*cough* Guernsey *cough*), it’s good and basically begs to be read. Am I right? Resulting from this information-that-perhaps-no-one-cares-about is a little list of book titles that are a question.

LIST | A BAKER’S DOZEN OF THE MORE MEMORABLE MOVIE & TV SHOW KISSES

Let’s find out which books I have on my shelf that pose a query (and maybe whether or not I was more – or less, curious about said book) and more important, which ones ask the good question! Here we go.

BOOK TITLES THAT ARE A QUESTION

POSING A QUESTION: 10 BOOK TITLES THAT ASK SOMETHING (SORT OF) #BOOKISH #READER #READERCOMMUNITY #AMREADING #TOPTENTUESDAY Click To Tweet

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: DEAR AMERICA: WHEN WILL THIS CRUEL WAR BE OVER?, BARRY DENEBERG

I don’t remember if I read this one or not! But it’s one of those Dear America diary novels that I read LOTS of as a kid. (Did anyone else read these?) This one follows a girl during the Civil War. Amazon | Goodreads

2: DOESN’T SHE LOOK NATURAL?, ANGELA EWELL HUNT

Don’t even know if I still own this one (I could have sold it on eBay or donated it), but at one time I did have a copy of this one. It’s about a single mother who falls into running a funeral home. Amazon | Goodreads

3: CAN YOU KEEP A SECRET?, SOPHIE KINSELLA

Haven’t read this one, but if the premise is accurate (about a woman who spills secrets to a stranger on a plane only to learn soon after that he’s her new boss), this title is a good one. Amazon | Goodreads

4: LADY JAYNE DISAPPEARS, JOANNA DAVIDSON POLITANO

Ok, so no, I realize this isn’t ASKING a question, but it does that a mysterious vibe going for it that begs a question of, what does the titles mean? Who is Lady Jayne? Where do they go? Amazon | Goodreads

5: WHERE’D YOU GO, BERNADETTE, MARIA SEMPLE

Still haven’t read this one despite wanting to see the film. *shrugs* Amazon | Goodreads

POSING A QUESTION: 10 BOOK TITLES THAT ASK SOMETHING (SORT OF). Sharing book titles that ask or inspire us to ask a question. All text is © Rissi JC
6: IS IT ANY WONDER, COURTNEY WALSH

I’m using this one for today and making it work because it’s one of those “expressions” that we tend to ask as a question like so, “is it any wonder why she left?” Or some sort of question form. Plus, if you’re still looking for a beach-y read, this Nantucket set contemporary would be a nice little relaxing kind of read. Amazon | Goodreads

7: WHAT’S LEFT OF ME, KAT ZHANG

99% sure I don’t own this one anymore (but it could be in the boxes of books I plan to sell or donate), and also, that this title is meant as a statement rather than a question, however I’m still using it. Because it could work as a question. Amazon | Goodreads

Finally, because I had SO much trouble finding question titles *on my shelf*, I’m adding these two that I don’t own. Just because.

1: WHAT HAPPENS NOW, JENNIFER CASTLE

A YA novel about a girl struggling with some anxiety and the people in her life who seem to drift away (of course, there’s a crush going on, too!). Amazon | Goodreads

2: REMEMBER ME?, SOPHIE KINSELLA

I haven’t read a single novel by Kinsella, however I do love the movie adaptation with Isla Fisher. Let me know what I simply MUST read by her. Amazon | Goodreads

3: SUSHI FOR ONE?, CAMY TANG

This title is all kinds of cute! I feel like I haven’t read any of Camy’s books, but also have this vague memory that someone (or more than one person) has recommended them. Amazon | Goodreads

What book titles did you put on your list? Have you read any of these? Do you recommend them? Which ones should I make more of a priority? Comment all of your thoughts down below! I look forward to chatting with you all.

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you for visiting! Please, do come back soon.

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl July 13: Book Titles That are Questions

• Darcy @ The Nonbinary Librarian July 12, 2021 at 11:25 PM

I absolutely loved the Dear America diary series growing up as well! I loved the ones about America but the Cleopatra one was probably my favorite.

My TTT

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:02 PM

I read SO many of them, Darcy. They were just good reads. I have the Cleopatra book, but honestly, cannot remember if I read it or not! *shrugs* Thanks for the visit.

• Deanna (A Novel Glimpse) July 12, 2021 at 11:57 PM

Doesn’t She Look Natural? I love that title!

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:03 PM

Right!? I thought it was fun. I used to own this one but cannot remember if I still do or not. Appreciate your visit.

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks July 13, 2021 at 12:21 AM

The only book on the list I’ve read is Where In The World is Bernadette. The Ministry of Utmost Happiness

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:04 PM

I have been meaning to read that one for a LONG time. Alas it continues to sit on my shelf. Hopefully soon! :)

• Catherine@basedonthebook July 13, 2021 at 3:32 AM

Doesn’t She Look Natural? Is a great title, going to have to look out for that one!

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:04 PM

Right!? I used to own it, but cannot remember if I donated it or its sitting in a box to sell/donate. Anyway, it seemed an appropriate add. :)

• Marianne @ Let's Read July 13, 2021 at 4:45 AM

I’ve never heard of any of your books. Completely different from my TTT. That’s what makes this challenge exciting.

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:07 PM

Always part of what makes blog hopping fun. :)

• Mareli @ Elza Reads July 13, 2021 at 6:21 AM

I also have Where’d you go Bernadette? And it’s a book that I loved!

Lovely post, very nicely put together.

Elza Reads 10 questionable book titles

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:07 PM

Good to know! I’ve been meaning to read that one for a while now but alas I still haven’t. Hopefully soon-ish. :)

• Kathy July 13, 2021 at 7:24 AM

I read all of Camy Tang’s books in the Sushi Series. I liked them. They were good. I’m sitting here smiling as I think about them.?

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:15 PM

Aw, that’s good to know! I haven’t read any by her… I don’t think. But the name is very familiar and I think at one time I owned some by her in the Love Inspired line. If this title is an indicator, I suspect these would be fun! :)

• Lydia July 13, 2021 at 7:51 AM

Sushi for One? is making me crave sushi! :)

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:17 PM

Titles like this have that kind of power, right? (Also I don’t think I’ve ever had sushi!) Thanks for the visit, Lydia.

• Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! July 13, 2021 at 8:16 AM

Great list of titles. I think this week’s prompt is one that lots of us struggled with.

Here’s my post: https://readbakecreate.com/?p=483

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! recently posted: 8 Cookbook Titles That Ask a Question
    • Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:21 PM

Thanks for the visit, Pam. Appreciate this! :)

• Lectrice Vorace July 13, 2021 at 9:33 AM

How could I have forgotten Where’d you go, Bernadette? ?
    Here’s my TTT list.

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:21 PM

Right!? It’s a pretty dang perfect title for this topic! :) Thanks for the visit Lectrice.

• Cholla July 13, 2021 at 10:27 AM

I agree that Sushi for One? sounds cute!

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:23 PM

Doesn’t it? Sounds like such a fun little rom-com.

• Carrie @ Reading Is My SuperPower July 13, 2021 at 11:27 AM

argh! How could I have forgotten Courtney & Camy’s books? Great list as usual, Rissi :)

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:24 PM

I forget titles all the time, so I know this feeling WELL, Carrie. As always, glad you stopped by. :)

• Susan (Bloggin' 'bout Books) July 13, 2021 at 11:27 AM

CAN YOU KEEP A SECRET? is a great title because it immediately makes me ask, “What secret?” Color me intrigued…

Happy TTT!

Susan

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:26 PM

I agree! Some of the titles instantly make us sit up and ask questions, which is part of what makes them so interesting. :) Thanks for the visit, Susan.

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads July 13, 2021 at 1:01 PM

Great list! Can You Keep A Secret is on my TBR as well, it does sound fun :)

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:26 PM

YAY! Hope we both enjoy, Lindsey! :)

• Greg July 13, 2021 at 3:23 PM

Ooh nice! I had so much trouble with the topic this week I skipped it. I like the Kinsella ones… :):)

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:49 PM

It wasn’t as easy as I thought to find titles to fit, but I’m glad I went ahead. Sophie’s books always sound/look fun, but I’ve never read one. :)

• Lark July 13, 2021 at 4:33 PM

I totally forgot about Where’d You Go, Bernadette?! Love your list of titles. :)

Lark recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday
    • Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:49 PM

Thanks so much, Lark! :)

• Jo July 13, 2021 at 5:17 PM

I could only find one book on my TBR, and none on my read list that had question titles, so I changed up the topic. You did well though!

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #324
    • Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 3:59 PM

Always love a good topic change, too! :) Thanks so much for the visit, Jo.

• Cindy Davis July 13, 2021 at 5:50 PM

I have not read any of the ones on your list and you had some unique ones that I have not seen on any other shelves :) I do have “Is It Any Wonder” on my TBR list.

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 4:01 PM

Is It Any Wonder is good, Cindy so I hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think once you read it. Thanks for visiting. :)

• Angela July 13, 2021 at 6:36 PM

I’ve seen Sophie Kinsella’s books pop up on a lot of lists this week – her books are so cute!

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 5:06 PM

Haven’t read a one of them… but I SHOULD! :)

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer July 17, 2021 at 9:28 AM

I adored Where’d You Go, Bernadette! But I still haven’t seen the adaptation. And I’ve read and enjoyed a few Kinsella books, but neither one of these yet. :)

• Rissi JC July 20, 2021 at 6:19 PM

I haven’t read or seen the story. Hoping I remedy reading the nook soon! Always good to know Sophie Kinsella books are fun. Thanks for the visit!