EIGHT FUN BOOK COVER DESIGNS THAT MADE ME WANT TO BUY THEM. Talking about some fun book cover designs that made me want to buy them! All text © Rissi JC

EIGHT FUN BOOK COVER DESIGNS THAT MADE ME WANT TO BUY THEM

August 2, 2021 28 Comments

Here’s a bookworm truth, I am a cover snob. I’ve said this before and likely I’ll continue to say this, but ‘tis true. I am. I’m not sure I’ve ever bought a book solely for its cover art, but do think that’s been the primary reason I’ve picked something up. Nowadays I try to be more discerning, however that doesn’t mean there aren’t still examples of book cover designs that made me want to buy them. As a result, today we’re look at some that have caught my eye more recently.

QUIZ | SHUT UP! 20 YEARS LATER: CELEBRATE ‘THE PRINCESS DIARIES’
BOOK COVER DESIGNS THAT MADE ME BUY THEM (AND HIT THE PRE-ORDER BUTTON!) #TOPTENTUESDAY #BOOKWORM #READER #READERS #READING #AMREADING Click To Tweet

So, specifically today what I’m going to feature are the books (and maybe a title or two) that I have pre-ordered that fit in this box. This means all the pretty cover art that makes my bookish, reader eyes go starry eyed. Also, at the end, I’m including a couple books that have covers that interest me, however I haven’t bought them because I don’t think they’ll suit my “rules” for fiction. With all of the intro info out of the way, let’s look at the things we’re really here for, which is BOOKS!

BOOK COVER DESIGNS THAT MADE ME BUY THEM

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

Note: Just because I feature a book here doesn’t mean I endorse its content

1: SO, THIS IS CHRISTMAS, TRACY ANDREEN (OCTOBER)

Pretty sure it was the title that caught my eye here because I always pick up a few new Christmas-y reads. Amazon | Goodreads

* This is secular YA fiction

2: MEET ME IN THE MARGINS, MELISSA FERGUNSON (FEBRUARY 2022)

I mean, this title is 100% catnip! Plus, the cover is pretty cute. Just preordered this today. Amazon | Goodreads

3: A ROYAL CHRISTMAS WEDDING, RACHEL HAUCK (OCTOBER)

Read the rest of the books in this series, but never this seasonal one. However with the cute cover revamps, I kind of feel like it’s necessary. Pre-ordered this one today. Amazon | Goodreads

4: LOVE FROM STRATCH, KAITLYN HILL (APRIL 2022)

Don’t know a thing about this one so it might not be a me kind of book, but it sure LOOKS cute. I haven’t pre-ordered this one, but it’s a prime example of a cover that could entice me to do so. Amazon | Goodreads

*This is secular YA fiction

5: ALL THE RIGHT REASONS, BETHANY MANGLE (FEBRUARY)

No pre-order here, but this one caught my eye because of the tagline of this being Gilmore Girls esque. It follows a mother-daughter pair who wind up on a “family” like reality dating show, only the daughter ends up falling for one of the sons of the contestants! Amazon | Goodreads

* This is secular YA fiction

6: WHEN WE WERE THEM, LAURA TAYLOR NAMEY (NOVEMBER)

Haven’t pre-ordered this one either, but guys, a: the COVER! I love the illustrated look and the beautiful colors. The way that cream-peach color overlaps the beautiful blue shades is STUNNING. Also, this one doe sound interesting as it focuses on friendship. Amazon | Goodreads

*This is secular YA fiction

7: PRIDE & PREMEDITATION (OWN), TIRZAH PRICE

I mean, yes, this one also caught my eye because by the title alone, I have to assume it’s a Pride & Prejudice re-mix. Sure it is this, but the cover also makes it seem super interesting; all those bright colors! Amazon | Goodreads

*This is secular YA fiction

8: THE MATCHBREAKER SUMMER, ANNIE RAINS (APRIL 2022)

Coming from Underlined, this is TOTALLY something I’d pre-order. Plus, though I haven’t heard of this author before, I’ve loved everything else I read in these Underlined paperback collection of fiction. Amazon | Goodreads

* This is secular YA fiction

What about you? Do you impulse buy a book because of its cover? (We’re all friends here.) Did you regret it? Or does it turn out for the best? Have you read any of these or are any on preorder? Comment all of your thoughts below!

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you for visiting! Please, do come back soon.

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl Top Ten Tuesday August 3: Titles or Covers That Made Want to Read/Buy the Book

• Greg August 3, 2021 at 12:05 AM

I’m totally a sucker for a good cover. :) When We Were Them and Pride & Premeditation are awesome. I like those Christmas covers though too!

• Rissi JC August 9, 2021 at 7:22 PM

I’m always all for reading some cute little Christmas reads. I need to start reading up on what’s releasing in 2021 because I like to put together a list of titles. :)

• Kennedy August 3, 2021 at 12:06 AM

Oh my gosh, The Matchbreaker Summer looks so cute! I’m bummed it’s not coming out until next April! These are some great covers!

• Rissi JC August 9, 2021 at 7:22 PM

Right!? I agree, Kennedy! Love good new cover art. :)

• Lydia August 3, 2021 at 6:26 AM

I love the cover for When We Were Them.

• Rissi JC August 9, 2021 at 7:23 PM

Same! Those colors are just ON POINT! :)

• Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! August 3, 2021 at 7:08 AM

A great list of books! I added Meet Me in the Margins and Love From Scratch to my TBR.

When you get the chance, I hope you check out my post: https://readbakecreate.com/15-book-covers-that-scream-summer/

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! recently posted: 15 Book Covers That Scream Summer
    • Rissi JC August 9, 2021 at 7:24 PM

YAY! Hope you enjoy both of them, Pam. Both are recent discoveries for me but they sound good. :)

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads August 3, 2021 at 12:59 PM

These all look pretty, but I especially love the cover for When We Were Them!

• Rissi JC August 9, 2021 at 7:26 PM

SAME. I think those colors are on point, Lindsey. :)

• Carmen August 3, 2021 at 1:02 PM

This is a great list. All the covers are really bring and look super fun.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday: https://mybookjar.com/blog/top-10-books-we-want-to-read-based-on-the-title/

• Rissi JC August 9, 2021 at 7:26 PM

Thanks for visiting, Carmen. :)

• Carrie @ Reading Is My SuperPower August 3, 2021 at 1:23 PM

I love your list (as always)! We share Meet Me in the Margins this week :) And I agree those new covers for Hauck’s royal series are so fun!!

• Rissi JC August 9, 2021 at 7:27 PM

I really need to read Melissa’s books and cannot believe I haven’t made time for them. They sound fun (and yay for sharing ‘Margins’). Hope we both enjoy. I’ll confess… I’ve bough two of Rachel’s re-designs. :)

• Jo August 3, 2021 at 1:50 PM

Some very pretty covers here!

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #327
    • Rissi JC August 9, 2021 at 7:29 PM

For sure! But then it’s always fun to collect in one place some pretty cover art. :)

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer August 3, 2021 at 2:58 PM

Yes, the title for So This is Christmas definitely caught my attention. Anytime a title uses song lyrics, I’m intrigued. Haha!

• Rissi JC August 9, 2021 at 7:35 PM

YES! It just works for the “look” of this book, too. :)

• Lectrice Vorace August 3, 2021 at 3:29 PM

The Matchbreaker Summer by Annie Rains looks good!

• Rissi JC August 9, 2021 at 7:35 PM

I agree! Looks like a fun one too. :)

• Cindy Davis August 3, 2021 at 6:37 PM

You have some interesting covers! I love Rachel Hauck’s books…so am intrigued by hers. I have not read her latest books yet but own several.

Cindy Davis recently posted: TTT-Cover Love
    • Rissi JC August 9, 2021 at 7:39 PM

I haven’t read Rachel’s latest yet either, Cindy, but this series (which is just getting a design face-life) is darling! Hope we both enjoy Rachel’s latest series.

• Lauren @ Always Me August 3, 2021 at 8:44 PM

Pride and Premeditation looks like it will be awesome!

Lauren @ Always Me

• Rissi JC August 9, 2021 at 7:40 PM

I AGREE, Lauren! Hope it is. :)

• Marianne @ Let's Read August 4, 2021 at 5:39 AM

So many cheerful covers here, lovely list.

My TTT.

• Caryl Kane August 9, 2021 at 6:13 PM

Bethany House rocks the covers!

• Rissi JC August 9, 2021 at 8:10 PM

They do indeed; I always love to see their upcoming seasonal line-up. :)