IF YOU LIKE KASIE WEST BOOKS TRY THESE 12 TITLES: PART 1. Chatting about books that have a similar vibe to Kasie West fiction. Just for fun. All text © Rissi JC

IF YOU LIKE KASIE WEST BOOKS TRY THESE 12 TITLES: PART 1

November 15, 2021 22 Comments

You guys all know that I’m one of those give-me-all-the-Kasie-West books. They’re feel good and if I had to guess, they fall in the dictionary next to the best definition of “sunshine.” Today I’m sharing a few books to read if you like Kasie West. Just because it seems fun!

LIST | THE FUN CHRISTMAS 2021 BOOKS TO ADD TO YOUR SEASONAL READING

Some of these may be a stretch and some may fit just perfectly, but whatever the case, there’s both adult and young adult fiction, which is the genre West writes in. Let’s jump in and talk about these books and see what books fit and see if you think I’m stretching things…!

BOOKS TO READ IF YOU LIKE KASIE WEST NOVELS: PART 1

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW, MAURENE GOO

This one was super fun about a pop star who spends a spontaneous night “off” from the spotlight with a boy named Jack. Makes me want to read more books like this. Amazon | Goodreads

2: WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU, MARISSA KANTER

A really sweet novel that feels like a kind of “love letter” to bloggers. Follows a girl with an online bookish space who has adopted a persona online that’s the complete opposite of her real life, and what happens when those two worlds collide. Amazon | Goodreads

3: IT HAPPENED AT CHRISTMAS, CHRISTEN KRUMM

This is a Christmas read, yes, but it’s so sweet that I have to add it. Plus, it’s a loose YA re-telling of While You Were Sleeping, and I’m here for it. Amazon | Goodreads

IF YOU LIKE KASIE WEST BOOKS TRY THESE 12 TITLES: PART 1 #BOOKS #YABOOKS #YALIT #GOODBOOKS #KASIEWEST #ROMANCEREADS #ROMANCEBOOKS Click To Tweet
4: THE UPSIDE OF FALLING, ALEX LIGHT

Fun, fast-paced, romance-y and perhaps the most “Kasie West” kind of book on this list. Amazon | Goodreads

5: TWEET CUTE, EMMA LORD

Two family restaurant social media admins start a “Twitter” war over their respective restaurants, little realizing they may actually know each other. Amazon | Goodreads

6: NEW YEAR’S KISS, LEE MATTHEWS

Cute novel about two sisters who go to their grandmother’s over the winter break, and of course, there’s some romance along with complicated family dynamics. Amazon | Goodreads

7: MY NEW CRUSH GAVE TO ME, SHANI PETROFF

Christmas fiction, yes, same as Christen’s, but this one is all kinds of cute. Or maybe I just needed this type of read when I read it. I don’t know. Amazon | Goodreads

8: AS EASY AS RIDING A BIKE, BELL RENSHAW

The second adult novel I have on the list, Bell Renshaw is an indie author that’s a pen name for Emilie Haney. Her novels are sweet and charming, especially if you like Hallmark movies or any kind of sweet TV film. Amazon | Goodreads

9: MY EPIC SPRING BREAK (UP), KRISTIN ROCKAWAY

Cute and easy reading, this Underlined title follows a girl on some spring break (mis)adventures. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

10: TACOS FOR TWO, BETSY ST. AMANT

Adult fiction but it has that lighthearted vibe and features a You’ve Got Mail concept that so many would love. Amazon | Goodreads

11: ONE PARIS SUMMER, DENISE GROVER SWANK

Don’t remember this one well, but it seems like it’d fit in line with the novels that West writes. I do remember that it was a fun kind of armchair adventures. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

12: A TASTE FOR LOVE, JENNIFER YEN

Didn’t love this one as much as I wanted to, but the loose YA Pride & Prejudice re-telling is cute, only it involves baking! Amazon | Goodreads

What about you? Do you like any of these? Do you think they fit in with a Kasie West novel or am I totally off? Which of them have you read? Comment all of your comments below – let’s chat!

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you for visiting! Please, do come back soon.

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl November 16:

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks November 16, 2021 at 12:17 AM

I don’t know Kasie West. I take it that you recommend her. My TTT Post

• Rissi JC November 28, 2021 at 10:18 PM

For sure, Anne. Many don’t care for her books because they’re sweet & charming. But that’s why I love them. :) Thanks for visiting.

• Mareli @ Elza Reads November 16, 2021 at 1:34 AM

I’ve never read anything by Kassie West, but I will take a look at some of your suggestions!

It’s starting to feel a lot like Christmas indeed.

Happy TTT!

Ten Books to Read if You Love X

Mareli @ Elza Reads recently posted: Ten Books to read if you love X
    • Rissi JC November 28, 2021 at 10:18 PM

Hope you find something among them that you enjoy. Thanks for the visit! :)

• Lydia November 16, 2021 at 6:53 AM

Tweet Cute sounds so fun!

• Rissi JC November 28, 2021 at 10:20 PM

Definitely is! :) Thanks for the visit, Lydia.

• Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! November 16, 2021 at 6:56 AM

I can’t wait to read Tacos for Two. It’s been on my TBR for ages.

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! recently posted: Bookish Gift Guide Stocking Stuffer Edition
    • Rissi JC November 28, 2021 at 10:20 PM

YAY! Hope you enjoy, Pam. Happy reading – and thanks for the visit! :)

• Dini @ dinipandareads November 16, 2021 at 7:10 AM

I love so many of these covers and about half of them are still on my TBR waiting to be read. I’m definitely looking forward to trying Emma Lord’s books and The Upside of Falling! Great list :)

• Rissi JC November 28, 2021 at 10:23 PM

I always have a ridiculous number of books on my TBR, Dini! Here’s hoping we read them someday. :) Thanks for the visit – and let me know how you enjoy the two you mention wanting to read. :)

• Lori Piper November 16, 2021 at 7:42 AM

I have never read a Kasie West book—and now I feel like I’m missing out!

Happy TTT!
    Lori

• Rissi JC November 28, 2021 at 10:27 PM

They’re sweet if you like simple and wholesome romances. :) Thanks so much for visiting, Lori.

• Chola November 16, 2021 at 9:38 AM

I haven’t read any of these, but Tweet Cute is on my TBR!

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Rissi JC November 28, 2021 at 10:34 PM

Hope you can read (AND ENJOY!) Tweet Cute. :) Thanks for the visit.

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads November 16, 2021 at 1:25 PM

I love Kasie West so it’s no surprise a lot of these are on my TBR! I loved Tweet Cute and would love to check out The Upside of Falling and What I Like About You next.

• Rissi JC November 28, 2021 at 10:35 PM

YAY! Hope you enjoy the two on your TBR, Lindsey; I thought they were really fun. :) Thanks for the visit.

• Cindy Davis November 16, 2021 at 1:55 PM

I still have not read Katie West (yet!!), but I will!! Thanks for sharing similar type books :)

Cindy Davis recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday-New Authors
    • Rissi JC November 28, 2021 at 10:35 PM

Happy reading, Cindy – and thanks! :)

• Susan (Bloggin' 'bout Books) November 16, 2021 at 8:13 PM

West’s books are always so fun! They’re perfect for sandwiching between heavier reads. I also liked TWEET CUTE and agree that it’s a good one for West fans. Great list.

Happy TTT!

Susan

• Rissi JC November 28, 2021 at 10:36 PM

Well said, Susan. They are great “sandwich” reads. :) Love that!

• Lauren @ Always Me November 17, 2021 at 9:24 PM

I liked Tweet Cute so I might have to give Kasie West a try one of these days. :)

Check out my TTT

• Rissi JC November 28, 2021 at 10:41 PM

YAY! Let me know what you think if you do, Lauren. :)