Hey, hey! We’re at Friday (!!) and that means it’s time for our usual Pop Culture News Edition Thirty-Six. Tough finding some interesting or fun stories nowadays in the pop culture-y realm. Still we’re going to dig up some stories and find out what is going on.
FILM REVIEW | ‘TOP GUN’ (1986): THE MOVIE THAT MADE AN ACTION STAR
So… there is ALWAYS some sort of news about TV shows which is why that’s always part of the line up. But most of the time I can find more than this. I really didn’t this week, so we’re just diving in with some “quick hits” and brief stories rather that headline features. Let’s do this thing!
POP CULTURE NEWS EDITION THIRTY-SIX
- Rumor has it that Magnum P.I. could (possibly) find a new home on NBC. There is talks to this effect and USA Network, which is an NBC branch has the re-run airs. However the snag, according to articles, is there may be some licensing issues, but the fact that no one close to the show (stars, showrunner) has commented makes me thing there could be a possibility it’d return. Really I just want it to at least get another season just to properly say “goodbye.”
- Patrick J. Adams (Suits) is set to return to TV in CBC’s adaptation of a French series called Plan B. According to plot rumors, the show is described as an “intimate psychological” drama about a man who time travels in an effort to have a relationship with the love of his life all while dealing with career complications and a “dysfunctional” family, too.
- There’s lots of “first look” photos circulating for Netflix’s fourth season of Virgin River which is set to drop July 20. The plot implies Mel and Jack have complicated feelings and decisions about their future and photos ask, could there be tragedy coming for some characters? No matter what, what you can likely count on is romance and solid, warm storytelling. Oh, yeah. And there’s a new arrival in a “handsome” doctor. *rolls eyes* Who else things this will cause friction between Jack and Mel?
- After the hubbub that is the cultural trial of the year (decade?), $15 million is coming the way of Johnny Depp in his defamation suit. He won’t end up banking that much, and ex-wife, whom the suit was against, Amber Heard has already put out a statement to reinforce her status as a victim and her lawyer says she hasn’t the money to pay the judgment either. Heard also won one countersuit claim of a significantly less monetary value.
- If you love celeb couples, after seven years together, pro dancers Derek Hough and Hayley Erbert are on their way to I Do.
- According to some reports, Top Gun: Maverick is breaking records for its holiday opening and getting pretty rave reviews. I did run across a not so glowing one today, but overall, it’s getting some good vibes and seems to have a strong pro-America messaging that I’m happy to know, and hope the film is really good. Did you see it?
- There’s much to-do in England just now about the Queen’s Jubilee, which I think is to celebrate Queen Elizabeth’s reign and marking a milestone in that reign. Reportedly the un-royals also attended which marks their first royal event in two years, and rumor has it, the crowd didn’t exactly cheer them.
Did you spy any of these headlines or stories? Are any ones you’re curious about? Do any fascinate you? Comment all the comments –let’s get our Friday chat on.
Thank you for visiting; please come back soon.