BOOKSHELF TICKET: SOME PLACES I COULD VISIT WITH ONE BOOK. CHATTING ABOUT THE PLACES I CAN VISIT INSIDE MY BOOKS! ALL TEXT © RISSIWRITES.COM

BOOKSHELF TICKET: SOME PLACES I COULD VISIT WITH ONE BOOK

August 2, 2022 29 Comments

When it comes to lists, most the time I stand with the topic or at least a version of it. We’re still following this rule of thumb today, however since I’ve done so many places to visit or places to see (through books), this is likely repetitive. For that, I’m sorry. Nonetheless, let’s look at some book places to visit, just for fun.

LIST | SOME TV CHARACTERS I SIMPLY DON’T CARE FOR: PART ONE
PLACES I COULD VISIT WITH ONLY A BOOKSHELF TICKET #BOOKS #READGOODBOOKS #BOOKISH #TOPTENTUESDAY #READING #READER Click To Tweet

When it comes to travel, if I read a book, that’s pretty much the extent of my travel life. Funny since I’ve always wanted to see some places, albeit not live there. These aren’t necessarily places I would visit, but they are places

BOOK PLACES TO VISIT

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

SUITORS & SABOTAGE, CINDY ANTSEY (ENGLAND)

Read one of her novels a long time ago, and thought it was quite fun. So why not visit England again through one of these books? Amazon | Goodreads

LOVE & OTHER GREAT EXPECTATIONS, BECKY DEAN (ENGLAND)

This is a new contemporary read that I haven’t read yet, but the concept sure sounds cute. Amazon | Goodreads

NO JUDGEMENTS, MEG CABOT (ISLAND, FLORDA)

I mean we love a little island getaway plus who doesn’t want to visit some of the pretty places in Florida. Amazon | Goodreads

BEAUTIFUL WILD, ANNA GODBERSEN (ISLAND)

A love triangle about a woman in the 1900s who gets stranded on an island, I doubt I’d survive, but hey, it could be a good read. Amazon | Goodreads

THE OHANA COTTAGE, MEGAN REINKING (ISLAND, HAWAII)

This sounds like a super cute read plus I’d imagine Hawaii is beautiful. Amazon | Goodreads

ICE SWAN, J’NELL CIESIELSKI (PARIS)

I haven’t read this one, much like all of the books here so far, but it’s a historical title. Amazon | Goodreads

KISSES & CROISSANTS, ANNE-SOPHIE JOUHANNEAU (PARIS)

Another contemporary that just sounds super cute. Amazon | Goodreads

ANNA & THE FRENCH KISS, STEPAHNIE PERKINS (PARIS)

Ooo! A book I did read. It’s kind of a classic in the young adult literature novel. Amazon | Goodreads

UNTIL LEAVES FALL IN PARIS, SARAH SUNDIN (PARIS)

Another historical fiction from an author who I do like to read. Sarah’s books are always so well written. Amazon | Goodreads

TO SAVE A KING, RACHEL HAUCK (FICTIONAL KINGDOM + TENESSEE)

Rachel’s royal books are super cute plus who doesn’t love visiting a fictional kingdom. Amazon | Goodreads

A SECRET PRINCESS, MARGARET STOHL & MELISSA DE LA CRUZ (FICTIONAL KINGDOM)

Given I enjoyed Jo and Laurie, I’m hoping to love this alternate world of A Secret Garden and A Little Princess mashup. Amazon | Goodreads

THE LIGHT BETWEEN WORLDS, LAURA E. WYMOUTH (FICTIONAL KINGDOM)

Haven’t read this one but I think it has comparisons to Narnia in terms of it being about sisters who visit a world not their own. Sounds like it could be an adventurous read. Amazon | Goodreads

Your turn. Which places to visit did you feature today? Would you visit any of the places in this summer reading list? Have you visited any of them? What’s your one dream place to visit? Tell me what you thought of these books if you’ve read them! Let’s chat.

As always, thanks so much for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time. My apologies for not visiting your interweb spaces sooner. Always a goal to be better at that, but in the meantime, thanks for being here. I’m grateful.

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you for visiting; please come back soon.

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl August 2: Books Set In a Place I’d Love to Visit (real places or fictional)

amateur graphic designer. confirmed bookaholic. bubbl’r enthusiast. critical thinker. miswesterner. social media coordinator. writer.

• Sarita@MoreToDiscover August 2, 2022 at 3:12 AM

Hope you get to visit these places soon :-)

• Rissi JC August 8, 2022 at 5:22 PM

Always a fun idea – and thanks! :)

• Mareli Thalwitzer August 2, 2022 at 3:41 AM

I think all our bloggers should organize a tour to Paris, all of us want to go there and then we can all finally meet each other face to face. Now that’s a clever plan. Even if I have to say so myself…!!!

England and Paris made my list today as well, but for different books.

Happy TTT!

Elza Reads

• Rissi JC August 8, 2022 at 5:25 PM

Right!? That would be fun and I’m sure there’s some awesome book stores or places to see in Paris! :)

• Lydia August 2, 2022 at 5:53 AM

A little island getaway sounds marvellous! Have you been to Florida in general? It’s a pretty place.

And, yeah, I thought this topic has been repeated a little too often, too. But you made a nice twist to it.

• Rissi JC August 8, 2022 at 5:28 PM

It does to me too! I have not been to Florida. It looks GORGEOUS though and I feel like unlike something like England, I could totally make a trip to there work in the nearer future. Definitely should make 2023 THE year. ;)

• bn100 August 2, 2022 at 6:54 AM

would be fun

• Astilbe August 2, 2022 at 9:34 AM
    • Rissi JC August 8, 2022 at 5:30 PM

SAME. That’s a long term probably-won’t-happen idea for myself. ;) Thanks for visiting!

• Angela August 2, 2022 at 10:06 AM

Paris is on my bucket list! And I’d love to go back to Hawaii and explore more.

• Rissi JC August 8, 2022 at 5:33 PM

Hawaii sounds lovely! And for sure on Paris too. :)

• Nicole @ BookWyrm Knits August 2, 2022 at 10:11 AM

I haven’t read any of these books, but I have been to Hawaii. It is a truly lovely place. Paris is definitely one of the places still on my “must visit” list, though. I’ll get there someday! I hope you enjoy your visits—whether you travel there in person, or through a book. :)

Nicole @ BookWyrm Knits recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday ~ Books Set In a Place I’d Love to Visit
    • Rissi JC August 8, 2022 at 5:34 PM

Feels like Paris (realistically speaking) would be a never trip. But who knows! Glad Hawaii is so lovely! We love a good island trip. :) Thanks for visiting, Nicole.

• Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys August 2, 2022 at 10:44 AM

Fun list – lots of islands, and who doesn’t love an island for relaxation and plenty of reading time! As I click through the blogs today, I’m going to see if anyone leaves Paris off the list! :)
    Thanks for the visit. Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

• Rissi JC August 8, 2022 at 5:34 PM

LOL, probably not Terrie; there must be something about Paris. :) Thanks for the visit.

• Jo August 2, 2022 at 11:13 AM

I completely changed the topic this week as I’ve done multiple variations of it in the past and I didn’t think I could find anything new. You came up with some good ones though!

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #379
    • Rissi JC August 8, 2022 at 5:39 PM

Some weeks are made for some fun change. ;) Thanks so much for visiting, Jo!

• Melanie @ CBR August 2, 2022 at 12:24 PM

Fun post!

Melanie @ CBR recently posted: Review: Sunburst by Susan May Warren
    • Rissi JC August 8, 2022 at 5:39 PM

Thanks, Melanie! Appreciate you taking the time to visit. :)

• Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! August 2, 2022 at 1:08 PM

Paris has been a super popular place to visit this week!

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!

• Rissi JC August 8, 2022 at 6:26 PM

Must be something about it. :)

• Cindy Davis August 2, 2022 at 1:09 PM

I enjoy traveling and seeing new places. This is a fun topic for this week. Love your choices! Have a great week.

• Rissi JC August 8, 2022 at 6:39 PM

Thanks, Cindy. You too!

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads August 2, 2022 at 2:16 PM

I will always love books set in Paris or on an island :)

• Rissi JC August 8, 2022 at 6:42 PM

YES! So much fun for different reasons. Thanks for visiting, Lindsey.

• Chanel M. August 3, 2022 at 3:26 PM

I loved Until Leaves Fall in Paris! Beautifully written, poignant, great action, and romantic. It’s my favorite read so far this year.

• Rissi JC August 8, 2022 at 6:42 PM

This makes me happy, Chanel. I love a well written novel and usually, Sarah does a good job with that. :) Glad you stopped by – thanks!

• Lauren @ Always Me August 4, 2022 at 7:48 PM

I’d love to visit England again someday in the future. :)

• Rissi JC August 8, 2022 at 6:49 PM

That sounds like a fun trip – hope you get to make it again someday, Lauran. :)