Top Ten Tuesday | Books on My Fall TBR I Want to Read

September 18, 2018 61 Comments

Top Ten Tuesday | Books on My Fall TBR I Want to Read

Hello, readers. Welcome to a new edition of Top Ten Tuesday. Here we go, all set to create a new Top Ten Tuesday list.

That Artsy Reader Girl September 18: Books On My Fall 2018 TBRFall TBR

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

Who else loves TBR lists? If you’re anything like me, you do too. You see, despite the fact that I rarely – if ever – follow through with TBRs. I do love making them. It’s fun to pick out atmospheric reads that you hope to tackle during the season. As autumn rolls in, it seems the perfect season to read novels that might be a little bit dark (aka ideal atmosphere for the season) or re-telling reads like the Robin Hood story I have on today’s list!

Let’s have a look at the hope-to-read fall TBR: autumn 2018 edition.

(PS: Forgive the dust and disheveled posts. I have to reformat most of them, so it’s going to be a long process. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any trouble using Finding Wonderland – comments, access, formatting or anything.)

Top Ten Tuesday | Books on My Fall TBR I Want to Read (But Probably Won’t)

1: The Forest Queen by Betsy Cornwell | This one sounds so darn good.  Plus, I’ve not yet been known to say no to a Robin Hood re-telling – and how perfect does a book like this sound for an autumn read!? Amazon | Goodreads

Fall TBR

2: Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes | I haven’t read anything by Jennifer – yet, but love the sound of her earlier, ‘The Naturals’ series. Plus, this one is a recent discovery (I didn’t know she had a new book), which seemed like the ideal reason to add it to my fall TBR. Amazon | GoodreadsFall TBR

3: The Geography of Lost Things by Jessica Brody | Only just started reading this one, but I’m intrigued. The “hook” is really good, and the cute cover only adds to its appeal. Plus, this is the first novel I’ve read by Jessica Brody, and a new author discovery is exciting. Amazon | Goodreads

4: My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows | Been meaning – and wanting to read this book for way long. If I’d actually make this one as “read” on my TBR, maybe I’d even be ambitious enough to read book two, My Plain Jane. Amazon | Goodreads

Fall TBR

Fall TBR

5: Wildcard by Marie Lu | This add is cheating (maybe?) since I am actually reading this one currently, and I’m not far from marking it “done.” Still, I am still reading it, so… I went with it. Amazon | Goodreads

6: Lies we Tell Ourselves by Amy Matayo | A new Indie release from Amy Matayo? Yes indeed! If you haven’t read a novel by Amy, just know they’re emotionally intense, but always lovely. Amazon | Goodreads

Fall TBR

7: Rose in Three Quarter Time by Rachel McMillan | Author Rachel McMillan again invites us to Vienna with another installment in her contemporary adult novella romance series. If you read book one – Love in Three-Quarter Time, I have a feeling, you’ll love ‘Rose’ as well. Amazon | Goodreads

8: Match Me if You Can by Tiana Smith | Anytime I run across a new contemporary that sounds good, I jump at adding said book to my TBR. Such is the case with this January 2019 release. A YA romance that sounds precisely like my cup of tea. Amazon | Goodreads

Fall TBR

Fall TBR

9: Rescue Me by Susan May Warren | Once upon a time I read book one in this series. Someday I really must come full circle and play catch up on not one or two, but five additional books that make up the 6-book Montana Recuse series. With its search and rescue team, somehow this one “feels” like a good autumn read. Amazon | Goodreads

BONUS! I’m also excited for Things Left Unsaid by Courtney Walsh.

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE*

*video publishes Tuesday afternoon; channel linked above

Do you make seasonal TBRs? How are you planning this one – by new releases or atmospheric? Tell me what you like to read during the beauty that is the autumn season.

If you joined today’s meme, make sure and leave your Top Ten Tuesday links below so I can visit – or simply introduce your blog. I’d be glad to visit your bookish spaces.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

• Amanda Holmes September 18, 2018 at 4:05 am

Match Me If You Can looks adorable! My Lady Jane is the only book on your list that I have read (still need to pick up the second one), so I will be adding quite a few to my TBR list.;)
    Here is my list for the week, if you want to stop by! http://amandanicolle.blogspot.com/2018/09/take-ten-books-on-my-fall-tbr-list.html

• Rissi September 18, 2018 at 4:16 am

YAY! Hope you discovered some lovely new reads to add to that TBR, Amanda. I look forward to discovering (someday) “My Lady Jane.”

Thanks for visiting.

• Lianne @ eclectic tales September 18, 2018 at 4:07 am

Great list Rissi! The only title I’m familiar with is the book by Rachel McMillan. I haven’t read any of her books yet but Vienna is a beautiful city–one of my favourites :) Happy reading!

My TTT

• Rissi September 18, 2018 at 4:20 am

Rachel’s books are always fun, Lianne! I do hope if/when you give them a chance, you enjoy. :) Happy fall TBR-ing. So glad you stopped by – it’s been WAY too long since last we chatted.

• Bonnie @ For the Love of Words September 18, 2018 at 4:07 am

I’m so excited for Wildcard! It’s out tomorrow! I’m really hoping a re-read of the first isn’t necessary because I didn’t have time to squeeze it in. :)

• Rissi September 18, 2018 at 4:21 am

I didn’t have time to squeeze in a re-read too. I’ve forgotten some (but I’m that kind of reader, so…!) of Warcross. Hope you enjoy Wildcard, Bonnie. Happy reading – and thanks for stopping by!

• Chrissi Reads September 18, 2018 at 4:26 am

I’m always waiting for Me Before You to appear on your list! Ha. I do hope that you enjoy these books if you get around to them. Your blog is looking lovely by the way!

• Rissi September 18, 2018 at 4:30 am

Right? I have been saying I’m going to read Me Before You for SO long. Someday!!!

Thanks for the kind words, Chrissi – and as always, for stopping by. :)

• Greg September 18, 2018 at 5:17 am

The Forest Queen sounds like a fabulous autumn read, for sure. Plus I liked the other Betsy Cornwell book I read. And Wildcard I’m hoping to get to soon!

• Rissi JC September 18, 2018 at 9:08 pm

Doesn’t it? I think it sounds like the ideal and perfect escapism read for this upcoming season. Really, there’s *so* many books I’d really like to read. Just have to get to reading. :)

Thanks for visiting, Greg.

• Brooke Lorren September 18, 2018 at 6:31 am

The Forest Queen sounds good. In 13 hours (pretty much to the minute) I plan on reading Wildcard. I ordered it on April 11th… so I’ve been waiting a LONG time for it!

• Rissi JC September 18, 2018 at 10:04 pm

Hooray!! I do so hope you enjoy Wildcard, Brooke. It’s a fast-paced and colorful read. :)

Appreciate your visit.

• Kathy @ Books & Munches September 18, 2018 at 8:28 am

I’m so looking forward to Wildcard! Hoping my pre-order will arrive on time for once so I can dive in immediately, haha.

Happy reading!

• Rissi JC September 18, 2018 at 10:04 pm

YAY! Happy reading of Wildcard. I hope it arrived and you’ve can dive right in, Kathy. :)

Appreciate the visit – thank you!

• Ellie Warren September 18, 2018 at 9:16 am

My seasonal TBRs sometimes contain a themed book but they are mostly new releases and half don’t get read anyway :D

• Rissi JC September 18, 2018 at 10:05 pm

I’m right there with you, Ellie. It’s still fun to create them though. Or I enjoy it. :)

Thanks so much for the visit.

• Sim @ Flipping Through the Pages September 18, 2018 at 10:40 am

My Lady Jane is on my TBR too. I have heard good things about it. I hope you enjoy all of these books :)
    My TTT: https://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/09/books-on-my-fall-2018-tbr/

• Lauren @ Always Me September 18, 2018 at 11:11 am

My Lady Jane is awesome- hope you enjoy it!

• Nicole @ Nicole's Novel Reads September 18, 2018 at 11:20 am

I have Wildcard on my TTT too! I loved Warcross and I hope Wildcard is just as good.

• Jaymi Couch September 18, 2018 at 1:33 pm

Marie Lu is everywhere! here’s my list and happy reading!

• Lillian @ Mom with a Reading Problem September 18, 2018 at 1:40 pm

I absolutely loved My Lady Jane! It’s hilarious fun :D I hope you enjoy it. I still need to read book two but hope to make time for that one soon. Wildcard made my list too. Thanks for sharing!

• Cholla September 18, 2018 at 2:38 pm

I don’t generally make seasonal TBRs – I grab whatever sounds good at the time. That said, a lot of what’s on your list this week sounds great! Happy reading. :)

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Rissi JC September 19, 2018 at 3:49 pm

Are you a mood reader then? Nothing wrong with this! Half the time I don’t follow my TBRs (at all), but I still have fun creating them. :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Jo September 18, 2018 at 3:26 pm

Yes, I do make seasonal TBRs, there’s not any particular rhyme or reason to them though, mine this year is a mix of new and older releases and there’s only one that has a spooky feel. I tend to just go with whatever I feel like reading, time of year doesn’t really play into it much.

• Anne@Headfullofbooks September 18, 2018 at 4:48 pm

I am reading the sequel to My Lady Jane and it is very funny, too. Hope you get to the first book soon. I read these lists and I start to panic. There are so many books out there that I haven’t even heard of and now I want to look into them. But my TBR is already over 100 books long. If I just read them it would take me over a year to finish the list without adding new titles (which I do all the time.) Eek! My Fall TBR list

• Rissi JC September 19, 2018 at 5:07 pm

YAY! SO glad for all the ‘Lady Janies’ love. I’m pleased to know these books are grand reads. They certainly look to be fun. I know this feeling ALL TOO WELL, Anne. I’m trying (really hard) not to overload myself on tours or author requests so that way I can read a review book or two and then pick a book off my shelf. It’s been fun! :)

Happy fall TBR-ing – and thanks for the visit!!

• Louise September 18, 2018 at 5:00 pm

I’ve got Warcross on my TBR for this season, hopefully, if I enjoy it I’ll get to read Wildcard too :) I definitely prefer to go with a more atmospheric TBR during the colder months. Partly because I like matching things, and partly because I never know what new releases are coming out 😂

• Rissi JC September 23, 2018 at 9:36 pm

YAY! Hope you enjoy both books, Louise. It’s a fast-paced, and entertaining duo.

I hear you on the new releases! I do try to keep up, but sometimes I forget what’s the next “it” novel to take a second glance at. :)

Appreciate you visiting.

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense September 18, 2018 at 5:37 pm

I hop you end up picking up My Lady Jane. That was such a fun read. Good luck with your TBR!

• Rissi JC September 23, 2018 at 9:37 pm

I do too, Alicia!! It sounds like so much fun. Thank you for the reading luck (I need it!) and for the visit. Always glad to have you stop by. :)

• Ashley S. September 18, 2018 at 5:40 pm

Susan May Warren’s Montana Rescue series is so good! I don’t think I can pick a favorite book out of the series. They’re all fantastic. Happy reading! :)

• Tracy @ Cornerfolds September 18, 2018 at 6:38 pm

My Lady Jane is SO GOOD! I hope you get to read all of these and love them!

Tracy @ Cornerfolds recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #205: Fall 2018 TBR
    • Rissi JC September 23, 2018 at 9:39 pm

I love hearing all the good things about My Lady Jane. Cannot wait to read it. :)

Thanks for visiting, Tracy.

• Katie @Just Another Girl and Her Books September 19, 2018 at 12:30 am

Oh, The Forest Queen sounds really good. I’ll definitely have to check it out.

Have a wonderful week.

• Lee @ Rally the Readers September 19, 2018 at 1:09 am

Definitely adding The Forest Queen to my TBR – I LOVE Robin Hood retellings! I’ve also been meaning to read My Lady Jane for a while; hope you enjoy it, and all of the books on your list!

• Rissi JC September 23, 2018 at 9:48 pm

YAY! Hope you also like ‘Forest Queen,’ Lee. It sounds really good. :)

Thanks so much for visiting – and happy reading!

• Courtney Clark September 19, 2018 at 1:35 am

You must read Rachel McMillan’s Rose in 3/4 ASAP!

Ok. I’ll calm down now. :) My TBR looks a lot like yours — I’m super excited for Amy Matayo’s and Courtney Walsh’s. Oh, and I need to catch up on the Montana Rescue series, too (though I just have 1 book to read before the last one releases ;) ). I know you’ll enjoy that series!

• Rissi JC September 23, 2018 at 9:50 pm

NO, please don’t! You know how much I love you, Rachel and Kara’s book gush talk (*Twitter eavesdrop alert*).

Amy’s and Courtney’s will both be fabulous. Of this I am 100% sure! You’re WAY ahead of me with that Montana Rescue series. SOMEDAY I shall make it to the end. :)

Thanks, as always, for visiting, Courtney!

• Kelly @ Wandering Through Books September 19, 2018 at 1:49 am

I’ve only read My Lady Jane, but it’s a really fun read. You’re in for a unique time with that one!

• Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts September 19, 2018 at 2:32 am

I like to deny my TBR exists because every time I look at it, it grows more. I do, however, make a monthly list to try and keep track of my books to read and review though… it usually carries over to the next month as well. Good luck with your list Rissi! I hope you get through all the books you want to read through the fall season!

(Also I just noticed you moved to WordPress, ahhh! How are you liking it so far???)

• Rissi JC September 23, 2018 at 9:53 pm

Ugh! Another feeling I know all too well, Sophia. But for me, it’s my own fault because I continue to buy books. :D

That’s a great idea. I *need* to be better organized, which is actually a topic I plan to write about. Soonish. Thanks for the good wishes – and for visiting! :)

(Re: WordPress, thanks!! I’m excited I finally made the move. It’s VERY different, but I think as I settle in, I’m going to really enjoy.)

• Lili Marcus September 19, 2018 at 4:29 am

Hehe… We know we won’t really follow our TBRs but we still do them with a passion. I’m not familiar with some of the books in your TBR, but some I’ve heard of.. Like Wildcard.. I’ve seen it in most lists. :)

• Aj @ Read All The Things! September 19, 2018 at 8:55 am

Haha, I probably won’t read my TBR list, either. I’m so bad at following lists! If you read these, I hope you like them.

• Kyra Morris September 19, 2018 at 1:21 pm

My Lady Jane looks so good. I have it out from the library – I hope to get to it soon!

My TTT post!

• Teresa Mary Rose September 22, 2018 at 8:47 pm

The Forest Queen sounds so good! And I have heard amazing things about My Lady Jane!

• Rissi JC September 23, 2018 at 10:02 pm

Doesn’t The Forest Queen look good!? Cannot wait to read this fun adventure.

Also, it’s the same for me! I hear amazing things about My Lady Jane too. Here’s hoping we both like it.

Happy reading – and thanks for the visit, Teresa. :)

• Paige Dunmore September 27, 2018 at 11:32 am

My lady jane, Geography of lost things, the forest queen and wildcard are on my tbr too!