Top Ten Tuesday | Dear Santa: All I Want this Year Is…

December 24, 2018 rissiwri 26 Comments

Top Ten Tuesday | Dear Santa: All I Want this Year Is…

December 24, 2018 Rissi JC 26 Comments

Hello, there, everyone – and Merry Christmas 2018. I’m in awe today is Christmas, but the calendar says it is, my social media timelines inform me of this, and now, Top Ten Tuesday’s topic does.

That Artsy Reader Girl | Top Ten Tuesday December 25: Books I Hope I Find Under My Christmas Tree This Morning

Top Ten Tuesday December 25

Each year, this is another topic I always enjoy putting together. It sort of surprised me that I had a bit of a hard time finding books to put on this kind of list. I have a feeling its more because my mind is drawing a blank vs the lack of published books in this world, but perhaps not. Or maybe it’s because I know more of what I like vs don’t, in which case I’m one happy bookworm.

Since I tend to gift books to myself (Amazon makes it too tempting with that 2-day shipping), sometimes I feel bad for Mr. Claus. After all, how can he leave me any books if I snag them all myself? This list is probably coming a tiny bit late for the big man in red to see anyway, but then again, he is Santa, and one should never underestimate him and his elves. With that said, let’s take a look at my wish list of books for 2018.

Dear Santa…

Top Ten Tuesday December 25

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: Forever Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon | I have all of the books in this series save for this fourth and final novel. I’ve read an ARC copy, but of course will want to have a finished copy someday. Amazon | Goodreads

2: Called to Protect by Lynette Eason | This is a series by Lynette I’ve yet to pick up. Her latest, it sounds really interesting, it’s just one I haven’t yet started. As a result, I decided to add book 2 to my list. Amazon | Goodreads

3: A Sparkle of Silver by Liz Johnson | Why I haven’t picked up Liz Johnson’s new book yet I’ve not a clue. Her Prince Edward Island series is so entertaining, and I’m eager to discover what this, the start of her new series, is all about. Amazon | Goodreads

4: The Saturday Night Supper Club by Carla Laureano | Again, this is another one I have read, but in ARC format. Of course I’d really like to have a finished copy. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday December 25

5: The Dinner List by Rebecca Searle | I don’t know much about this one, but it looks fun and sounds it too! Amazon | Goodreads

6: One Day in December by Josie Silver | Ahem. Ok, so here’s a self-buy gift: yes, I picked this one up on my day-in-the-city-shopping-trip. What can I say? There it sat in Barnes & Noble… and I think it had my name on it. Amazon | Goodreads

7: It Had to Be You by Susan May Warren | I’ve read this one thanks to the publishing house, but don’t have a final copy. Needless to say, this is something I’ll remedy asap. Amazon | Goodreads

*Update: Yes, this is another one I bought for myself.

8: The Accidental Beauty Queen by Terri Wilson | I don’t know that I’ve ever read one of Terri Wilson’s novels, but this one sounds really cute! Plus, I don’t read much in this world (pageants), but do love a good contemporary. Amazon | Goodreads

It's a #MerryChristmas edition of #TopTenTuesday now on Finding Wonderland!! Today we talk all about our wish lists for #Santa. Top Ten Tuesday | Dear Santa: All I Want this Year Is... Click To Tweet

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE*

*video publishes Tuesday afternoon; channel linked above

Your turn! What do YOU hope Santa leaves for you? Do you have an entire list or is it pretty sort? Do you gift books? I’d love to know all your thoughts!

If you joined Top Ten Tuesday (and even if you didn’t), feel free to leave your post below so I can come visit or introduce yourself and your blog. I look forward to visiting all of your bookish spaces!

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Lauren @ Always Me December 24, 2018 at 11:38 pm

I’d like to try the Doon series. Happy reading!

Lauren @ Always me

• Brooke Lorren December 24, 2018 at 11:42 pm

Yes, I know all about going to Amazon or the bookstore and seeing a book with my name on it. Especially if it’s $1.99 or $2.99… must… not… click… buy… oops, I clicked buy. Or I’m at Walmart and “oops, how did that get in my cart?” I hope you’re able to get these books soon.

Brooke Lorren recently posted: Daughter of the Pirate King was Okay
  • Chrissi Reads December 25, 2018 at 12:17 am

My sister and I always buy books for each other. It’s awesome. :-) I hope you get your hands on these books soon. Merry Christmas, Rissi!

• Jessica at Booked J December 25, 2018 at 1:47 am

All these sound so good and I hope you are able to get your hands on them soon. I need to get on my galley of The Dinner List. It looks like the perfect fluffy, curl up with, read. YAS, though, treat yourself and snag all the books your heart desires. Happy, happy, happiest of holidays!

• Greg December 25, 2018 at 2:11 am

I hope you find some good stuff under the tree. :) I’ve thought for a while that the Lynette Eason books look fun, and The Saturday Night Supper Club sounds good too (love that title).

Merry Christmas!!!

• Kathy December 25, 2018 at 5:43 am

Great list Rissi! I’d like to read, One Day In December. Merry Christmas. :)

• Astilbe December 25, 2018 at 6:34 am

I hope you get all of those books!

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• Ashley S. December 25, 2018 at 12:38 pm

I hope these books find their way to you! A Sparkle of Silver is a fabulous read! It was the first time I’d read anything by Liz Johnson and it really made me want to check out her previous books. Merry Christmas! :)

• Kyra Morris December 25, 2018 at 1:45 pm

I really need to read the Doon series – I’ve heard such good things!

I hope you get some of these and that you have a lovely Christmas! <3 x

My TTT post!

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense December 26, 2018 at 4:04 pm

I hope you got all the gift cards so you can gift yourself all of these!

• Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight December 27, 2018 at 9:00 pm

I hope that you got some of these!! (Or bought yourself more of them hahah!) I haven’t actually heard of any of them, save Doon, but they look good! Hope you had an amazing Christmas!!

Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight recently posted: Merry Christmas!
    • Rissi JC January 2, 2019 at 3:57 pm

Thanks, Shannon; that latter is the story of my bookish life. ;) Doon is a fun series, and since I own three out of four finished, I’d like to pick up the one I don’t yet own. Soon…

Appreciate your visit; and same to you! Hope your Christmas, and New Year, were amazing.

• Katie @Just Another Girl and Her Books December 27, 2018 at 11:22 pm

It can be so hard to come up with a list of books we hope someone else will buy when Amazon makes it so easy to give into our own desires at the drop of a hat. I hope you got a few of these and had a fabulous Christmas.

Katie @Just Another Girl and Her Books recently posted: *Top Ten Tuesday* Books I Want to Find Under my Tree (Dec. 25)
  • Niamh @ nuggets of niamh December 30, 2018 at 9:45 pm

I hope Santa received your list in time and left a few of these under the tree for you! And I hope you had a great holiday!

Niamh @ nuggets of niamh recently posted: Goodbye December, Adios 2018 // #amcurrently